Why wont you open your diary?

Options

Replies

• thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to my MFP friends. I like the feedback. I do provide feedback to those who are trying to lose weight and only eat about 800-900 calories because I think it's too low. There are others that are trying to eat more protein but only manage to eat about 30g/day. I don't judge rather ask questions.

i don't provide as much feedback to those who don't open their diaries. I have no idea what they are eating to know if they are eating all chocolate bars for a total of 800 calories.

My opinions only.
  • McButtski
    McButtski Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm far too private for that carry on
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I only use the food diary to keep a personal record of my eating. Nobody else needs to see it.
  • lolibunny
    lolibunny Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    there's a Food Diary?

I like to keep secrets.

bahaha this statement represents my life
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Aside from it being no one's business, I don't want people's advice or opinions on what I should eat more of, less of, or stop eating. I'm logging for me, so I can keep track of what I eat and drink. I'm not logging it so someone else can scoff and tell me to munch of a handful of almonds without knowing I don't even like almonds.

Bottom line is so long as I'm making progress you shouldn't be worried about what and how much I'm eating. Whatever chaotic formula I've got it obviously working.
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    At first, I kept mine locked. Then, I realized that if I am embarrassed or something about what I eat so I don't want people to see it, then I should be eating better. It is okay when people get judgmental. It all helps keep me straight. I keep my diary to be accountable and sometimes sharing makes that even more of a point.....So, the reason I was fat was over eating when people weren't looking and not exercising. So, now, even when no one is home, I know it is going in my diary and people will "see." It's just a way to keep me focused. It is what works for me.
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    Mine used to be opened but I found it so odd when people commented even if it was to say "You had a great day" or "Way to go". I just think it would be like commenting on a stranger's plate at a restaurant as you walk by - "Man, that has a lot of sodium and fat! But that's okay, you can start over tomorrow!".

Could you imagine?! :laugh:

So mine is now kept private.
  • MystiqueASAP
    MystiqueASAP Posts: 747
    Options
    Mine is open now, but it wasn't always that way. I have seen people criticized all too often about their eating habits and it is no one's business.
  • Sarahkittymeoww
    Options
    Personally, Ive seen some people get pretty judge-y and nasty to people whose diaries that aren't 100% perfectly clean foods, organic free range chicken etc, and since that's just not me, I would prefer to not deal with that.

Agreed. In addition to this statement, I also dislike people commenting on me not being able to hit my calories every day. I mean, frankly, this is just a diet/fitness website and although I love discussing things in the forums, I really don't care what anyone thinks if they're going to be judgmental about it. Which is why I used to have mine locked with key and now have it open to friends ^.^
  • cyn4him
    cyn4him Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Mine is only open to friends. And I am choosy about friends. Recovered from ed and careful to choose ppl that wont hurt my recovery....
  • newking
    newking Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Mine is open but if anyone feels the need to say something mean or whatever about what I am eating or what I go over on or if I was way under goal or whatever they can piss off. I will gently correct someone if they make a "helpful" comment without knowing my situation though.

I log for me and I leave it open to maybe help someone with ideas of what to eat since I am on dialysis and they might be too or might be facing that soon.
  • batgirl8809
    batgirl8809 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    there's a Food Diary?

I like to keep secrets.

Hahaha. Mine's open -- no one's commented so far. I don't eat a lot of crap, but I'm sure you could find something! I kept it open on the off chance I DO want to ask people about things.
  • SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to my MFP friends...it helps keep me accountable. Especially because I work with one of my friends who is also on MFP and we really help encourage each other. As for the whole world...yeah, I'm not interested in EVERYBODY knowing what I eat...
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I'm far more likely to be honest if it's closed.
  • Arperjen
    Arperjen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Because. :)
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    my diary is open to my friends-and they don't judge me, if they did-they wouldn't' be my friends. With that being said- I find it helps me make "better" choices when I know people will see what I have eaten. It has taught me accountability.
  • ACEgirl1
    ACEgirl1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be judged. There are so many different philosophies regarding nutrition, and I am not open to having to defend my food choices. I also dont care to get the "constructive criticism" comments unless I specifically ask for it. I'm sensitive! :)
  • Carlalarivee
    Options
    I completely agree only my husband can see my great progress or walk of shame (when i give in to chocolate or junk food) He's a lot more motivated than me and we're doing this together. I wouldn't dream of opening it up to some stranger and have THEM tell me what I ALREADY KNOW.... I"m a work in progress that's why I'm using this site.
  • JohnnysJune
    JohnnysJune Posts: 32
    Options
    I know if I had a bad day or not and dont need to be reminded by others.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Mine is open - I keep it that way only because I feel that it keeps me accountable to self - I don't mind someone commenting as long as when I look at their diary it looks similar or better than what I eat - and I EAT...

But I can understand those who wish to keep it closed - there are some very judgmental peeps out there who believe if things are not being done their way it is being done the wrong way...