Why wont you open your diary?

Options

Replies

• uk_angeldust
    uk_angeldust Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I quite like showing off my food.... call me an exhibitionist if you want ..... :p LOL
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Coincidentally, I just decided to open mine today after being on here since February or so.

I had it closed before because what I eat is kinda private to me. Sounds weird but I don't like people looking at what I eat and maybe judging it's not the right balance, not healthy, etc.

I'm doing my best but occasionally have some chcocolate, or fried rice, or alcohol, but overall my diet is WAY better than before I joined MFP and started paying attention.

Anyway I got over my weird feeling about it and now I don't care. My friends are welcome to view my diary. Maybe it will even help some people??
  • JourneyOfaVirgo
    JourneyOfaVirgo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i open mine to friends but sometimes i just close it. this is because sometimes i get low on food and i dont have many healthy choices and i dont want to be judged for it.
  • anj911
    anj911 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Mine is open because I'm more inclined to stay on track if I know other people can see what I'm eating. I must have lovely friends because even if I've have a bad day, nobody is mean to me! :laugh:

I like to see peoples diaries because it gives me new ideas on what I can eat. Also if they are doing well, it's good to see how they're doing it.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I don't really care if people see my diary, for the most part everyone knows I eat a very low low intake everyday but I do encourage NO ONE to eat the way I am eating, it's for my benifit alone. So far I've had no one comment on it so I just assume they aren't interested in me or my diary so it's all good on my end. Look today and see I way way way over did my intake, but went to Zumba to help make up for it.
  • hobbitgrrl
    hobbitgrrl Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    To be blunt, it's nobody's business. I am the only one to suffer or benefit from what I eat or don't eat. My choices aren't affecting anyone else. I don't always eat clean and I don't deprive myself of things I want. This has to be a life change that I can live with forever. All in moderation.

^^ Exactly this. :drinker:
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I track my food for my own benefit - so *I* know how many calories I've eaten, how balanced my diet is, etc. I'm not interested in feedback from strangers, and I don't think I have any kind of "civic duty" (so to speak) to make my food tracker available to others for inspiration, social comparison, or whatever.

This. I was getting some really rude comments about my diary and people would point out when I went over when obviously I can see that. I started not tracking everything to make it look better but all that does is hurt my progress so for now, it's my business not yours.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Mine's open, and no one has ever given me much crap about it, especially now that I don't display my sodium.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    BECAUSE IT'S MINE!!! ALL MINE!!! Bwaaahhahhhaah!!

Sorry. Had a moment. Seriously though, I have four kids and a husband. There isn't much in this world that is "mine all mine" and I just don't want any input at this time. If I ever do, I'll open it. :)
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I only use the food diary to keep a personal record of my eating. Nobody else needs to see it.

Yeh, that's pretty much it. I don't need to aggro of someone critiquing my nutrition.

If anyone wants to know what I eat on a regular basis I'll happily tell them though.

My eating patterns are also determined by hunger, primarily, so I eat at odd times ... but I try to keep them 'healthy' real food.

I don't log exercise and I don't log alcohol, I figure they cancel each other out and the last thing I want to be doing when drinking and relaxing is thinking about how many calories/carbs I am consuming.

As for exercise I think it is overrated as a weight control tool so the "xxx calories burned" are not really important to me. I exercise if I feel like it (for the other good effects) and literally don't sweat it if I don't. As long as the nutirition fits my guidelines my body will largely sort itself out.

I am happy with progress so it's all good.
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I reckon there allot of secret, cheating going on lol ......Joke :bigsmile:
  • alujan74583
    alujan74583 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    But frankly, I track my food for my own benefit - so *I* know how many calories I've eaten, how balanced my diet is, etc. I'm not interested in feedback from strangers, and I don't think I have any kind of "civic duty" (so to speak) to make my food tracker available to others for inspiration, social comparison, or whatever.

I agree 100%.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I'm far more likely to be honest if it's closed.

This is absolutely true for me as well.
  • allisonrozsa
    allisonrozsa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Some of us don't think about it. I didn't realize for the first few weeks that my diary was closed, some people just don't even know (or know how to change it).
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options

You are a perceptive man, don't tell the wife. :bigsmile:
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I leave mine open and I've never gotten a negative comment about what I eat, just congrats when I have a good day and finish under :) People aren't as bad as you think.
  • Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    Personally, Ive seen some people get pretty judge-y and nasty to people whose diaries that aren't 100% perfectly clean foods, organic free range chicken etc, and since that's just not me, I would prefer to not deal with that.

This....
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options

You are a perceptive man, don't tell the wife. :bigsmile:
    I wont tell her lol :devil:
  • Reesecup312
    Reesecup312 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AyanaSan
    AyanaSan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Mine is open, and always has been. I haven't experienced the pleasure of having someone be critical of my diary, so far everyone has been extremely positive. Should that day ever come, said person would be taken to task so swiftly that they would think twice before ever commenting again. :smokin: