How do YOU get your 8 cups?

Options
I feel like this is a cliche question, but oh well. haha

I find it hard to drink so much water.. i just forget. I had a water bottle that i kept sipping all day, but i cant find it anymore.. and i didnt nearly drink 8 cups. I put 4 2 cup water bottles in the fridge to see if that will help me drink more tomorrow.

What are your tricks to drinking all your water? Do you chug it before meals? do you just sip it all day? :)

Replies

• bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I don't. The eight cup research included water from food in the eight cups. If I actually drink 8 cups, it's because it's summertime and I have no AC or I am preparing for a fast day.
  • Shellyeubanks
    Options
    I drink at least a gallon a day. I buy bottled distilled water and have a new gallon everyday so it's easy to keep track how much I drink. And I usually drink about 32 ounces first thing in the morning while cooking breakfast.
  • camillerivera
    Options
    I have a reusable jamba juice 16 oz. bottle so that helps, easy 2 cups. I drink 16 oz. right when I wake up, 1 during breakfast, 2 during my hour workout, 1 for lunch, 1 for snack, 1 for dinner, and another 1 right before I go to bed. Thats a total of 16 cups, its my most btw :) my least is 10 cups.
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    Open one 16.9oz or 500ml bottle first thing when mixing up breakfast and hang on to it all day. I add it as 2 cups per bottle and drink about 8 of those a day. So if you reach 16 cups (US gallon) using this bottle, you really have drank 17 cups. I add the 2 cups right when I fill it up so I don't forget and lose in my daily total.
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    I see a trend developing here.
  • ijiiii
    ijiiii Posts: 61
    Options
    I drink lots of milk. Milk is made up of mostly water so I get about 6 cups from that a day. Plus 2 cups of water while at work.
  • XxSarahKatexX
    Options
    I drink at least a gallon a day. I buy bottled distilled water and have a new gallon everyday so it's easy to keep track how much I drink. And I usually drink about 32 ounces first thing in the morning while cooking breakfast.

o.o wow a gallon a day.. At the beginning were you having trouble drinking so much water? Does it become easier as your body adjusts to it?
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I start each day with 1 cup of warm water with fresh lemon (10 oz right there). I try to drink a cup with each meal and at least 4 cups by noon. I can easily get in 2-3 cups at home in the evenings because this is when I work out. I start the workout with 1 cup, drink 1 cup during and at least 1 cup afterward.
  • sowonderfultonight
    Options
    I drink water with every single meal, and I leave a water bottle on my end table. No matter how disgusting it tastes, I drink 8-16oz of water as soon as I wake up xD it makes me feel better in general afterwards. ^^"
  • builtforlife
    builtforlife Posts: 259
    Options
    A lot of times I forget to drink my water until the beginning of a workout where ill down 6 cups throughout the course of the workout. Then Ill drink 3 more cups a few hours later. On a good day I'll just remember to drink it, and I'll drink it "on purpose" if that makes any sense. Ill be like, "Drink that water boy, drink that water!" as a way to stay motivated.
  • emilymiesel
    emilymiesel Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have a reusable 32oz cup..add a little crystal light for flavoring and I drink 4-5 of these cups a day!
  • XxSarahKatexX
    Options
    I drink water with every single meal, and I leave a water bottle on my end table. No matter how disgusting it tastes, I drink 8-16oz of water as soon as I wake up xD it makes me feel better in general afterwards. ^^"

I see :) i think i'll try to drink some right when i wake up aswell.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    <<<< One cup at a time! Drinks lots at one time, sips it through out the day. Made it a priority so it has the importance it needs for my health. :drinker:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I just keep filling a 16 oz ozarka bottle. they have an ionized water machine at work. I don't always get 8, but I'm getting better.
  • hthrld
    hthrld Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I drink a gallon a day. I have a liter water bottle that I refill throughout the day. I try to drink 2 liters before noon. Then I drink 1-2 liters at the gym. I refill my bottle and drink on the way home. I like to drink water before my meals because it make me feel more full.
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    mio, after i hard workout i can suck 3cups plain water no prob
  • Marque74
    Marque74 Posts: 60
    Options
    I use the 8 oz little bottles. I buy a case and I chug 1 bottle per hour. For me it's alot simpler than trying to down a 16.9 oz and letting my water go from cold to room temperature.
  • banina52
    banina52 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i usually keep about a galon of water with me wherever i go and i just drink it when im bored instead of snacking and plus its a bit of exercise when i drink it :)
  • Ristia_Amore
    Ristia_Amore Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I get bored quickly at work, and I'm one of those people who eat out of boredom. So, instead of grabbing a snack I just drink my water until I'm not hungry anymore! :)

I have a liter/20oz-ish stainless steel bottle that I carry with me at work, and I make mini goals whenever I fill it up. "Okay, I'm going to drink this whole thing before I finish this project." or "Drink all of this before noon!" ooooor "All of this WILL be gone by the end of my break."

Then I feel good when I achieve those goals (:

On my days off, I have a big 32oz. cup (about 4 cups) that I fill with water, ice, and a single Crystal Light (or whatever brand I have at the time), and drink two or three of those in a day. Watering down the Crystal Light like that makes it just sweet enough to enjoy, but not so sweet that I turned off of it like I do soda and juice.
  • musicalityphan
    Options
    I have a reusable 32oz cup..add a little crystal light for flavoring and I drink 4-5 of these cups a day!

This! The reusable plastic cups are great. I put in about a tsp of Rose's sweetened lime juice each time I fill my cup. =)

EDIT: the little MIO squeeze bottles are also great-- no calories, and great taste!