Fellow Brits how are you going to survive Jubilee weekend?

Options

Replies

• Elizadolots
    Elizadolots Posts: 178
    Options
    Hopefully take the extra time off to up my exercise! :bigsmile:

And off course there will be some bbq food, but not impossible to stay within limits. (She says)
  • Louisequeen1970
    Options
    I live in Wales and wont be going to any parties so should be ok food wise. Will do loads more exercise over the extra days holiday so that will be nice xx Hope everyone has a good weekend, whatever they are doing xx
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have booked the whole week off, just using 3 days holiday, bring on 9 days of chilling :)

I have gotten over the junk food/chocolate phase, so will be using this time to get loads of decent training sessions in, relaxing, and eating well, cant wait!!
  • HideNGeek
    HideNGeek Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a drinker so thats not an issue.

I'll be making burgers with turkey mince not beef, and cooking chicken breasts on the BBQ, healthy, and I know what's in them. Might also have a go at making rice buns so don't eat too much bread.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I am going out Saturday to toast HRH but generally normal weekend but will be logging alcohol so calorie count could be rather high.:drinker:
  • mikejacobs1958
    Options
    Gonna Braai some Boerwors (oops wrong country, I meant BBQ some sausages)
    drink beer and watch rugby.

Then wake up, see the scale and go for longer runs.
    Will continiue to record my calories though.

Jokes aside, will balance it out, not go too crazy..
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Ignoring for now the irony of the refuse-niks slagging off the Royal Family yet still enjoying the extra day off.....:huh:

I'm not a Royalist.. But, just because this is a holiday to mark a royal occasion (but given to me by my employer) I'm going to enjoy it. Are you suggesting that Republicans and "refuse-niks who slag off the Royal Family" should be miserable or upset about the whole thing? (like Amo_Angelus seems to be) or maybe we should break into our places of work and do a full day's unpaid work in protest?

Like I said above "whether you're a "Royalist" or "Republican", a "live to party animal" or "it's just a long weekend", or even if you are one of the few that have to work the holiday weekend" have a great weekend.

If you're not a Royalist feel free to ignore the royal aspect of the whole thing (without pissing on anyone elses party obviously). If you are a supporter of the monarchy feel free to ignore those who choose not to be. Similarly, if you don't like football don;t watch the Euros finals, if you're not a fan of the Olympics don't get involved.
  • emmalou2206
    emmalou2206 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    4 days of no work, yaaaaaaay.

I have a fairly busy weekend so best try and be good the times when I am not out and about.

Saturday night - off to Doncaster to the dog track
    Sunday evening - BBQ and curry night at my friends house warming party
    Monday afternoon - Jubilee Party on the Pitch in my brothers village where they live
    Tuesday - something fun with the kids like Knowsley Safari Park

Hope you all have a good one :)
  • fatgirlslim32
    fatgirlslim32 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm working through it all so it's just a normal week for me still!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I plan to completely ignore it, this June is not the diamond Jubilee, I rather suspect it's been put here simply to merge with the olympics and con people out of more money. Afterall, a diamond jubilee and olympic year both happening at once? It may very well be the only time it does happen!

I plan on taking the summer same as last summer. I don't much care that this year she'll have worn the crown for 59 years and I didn't much care in febrary when she had been monarch for 60, and I won't care next summer when she'll have worn the crown for 60 years. I do care though that they think we're stupid enough to buy into the whole diamond Jubilee in June this year, but it's not anything that's going to interfere with me, except make me rant at anyone I feel needs educating...and apparently innocent bystanders the closer it gets.

You can ignore it or you can rant about it at anyone that you feel needs educating. But you can't do both. By ranting about it, you are not ignoring it.

Well said. And boo for the weather.
  • DalexD
    DalexD Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    It's really not a big deal in the part of Scotland where I live. We're just grateful for the two days off.
  • k2charmed4u
    k2charmed4u Posts: 282
    Options
    We have nothing in particular planned. I just want to spend as much time with my hubby as poss because we've had hardly any time together in about a month! :sad:
  • nevertoolate2
    nevertoolate2 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Actually going to be a lot more than 4 days off work. for most the opportunity to get 9 days for 3 days leave is irresistable. It was for me!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Lovely excuse to have strawberries and Champagne! I'm sure I'll have too many pints of Guinness too - and probably go over my calories so going to get in two hikes and possibly a short run with having four days off.
  • tansygreen
    tansygreen Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this sounds anti-monarchist, I'm not especially, but I'm going to take advantage of the bank hols and get the hell out of the UK to somewhere hot!
  • acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    For me, no white carbs during those BBQs! And going easy on the really fatty foods and alcohol :-) I'm only going to one BBQ though so shouldn't be too bad for me.
  • nevertoolate2
    nevertoolate2 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm working through it all so it's just a normal week for me still!

Poor you, not good at all. :frown:
  • Angiesolomon
    Angiesolomon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Only allow yourself food that is red, white or blue?
  • Gianna5587
    Gianna5587 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I was just about to start this very topic! I have no idea how this is going to work... Well, it's just not to be honest. All I can think is that I'll commit to some serious exercise next week sometime. Right, bring on the pimms.....
  • New_Keeley
    New_Keeley Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I shall be going to Boot Camp so the weekend won't start for me until Monday. By then my friends/family will be so hungover and sick of bbq's that I shall most likely avoid it all together.....smug in the knowledge that whilst they are feeling fat and sluggish, i will be feeling great!