When do you eat last before you go to bed?

Options

Replies

• AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I go to bed around 10:30-11:00. I don't have any specific time that I decide not to eat after, but dinner's usually somewhere between 5:30 and 7:00, and I never have anything once I've had it. It's tough for me to sleep otherwise, and I don't ever get hungry afterwards.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I go to bed everynight with a glass of 1% chocolate milk and a bowl with 24 almonds and a cup of kelloggs crave double chocolate cereal (dry). This snack is around 600 calories and I have been doing this for the last few years and have managed to lose a few pounds. There is no set schedule on when you have to eat as long as you get your calories in.... I see alot of these hollywood celeb's promoting this crap now. Bob Harper comes to mind with his skinny rules, one of which is go to bed hungry??? Kinda lost alittle respect for Bob after I heard that.... lol Just hit your caloric intake for that day and you will be fine.... Best of Luck...
  • yvettegu
    yvettegu Posts: 7 Member
    Options
  • yvettegu
    yvettegu Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had a great reply all ready to go... then I realised you said 'what', not 'who'.

:bigsmile:

lol!!!!!
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I go to bed everynight with a glass of 1% chocolate milk and a bowl with 24 almonds and a cup of kelloggs crave double chocolate cereal (dry). This snack is around 600 calories and I have been doing this for the last few years and have managed to lose a few pounds. There is no set schedule on when you have to eat as long as you get your calories in.... I see alot of these hollywood celeb's promoting this crap now. Bob Harper comes to mind with his skinny rules, one of which is go to bed hungry??? Kinda lost alittle respect for Bob after I heard that.... lol Just hit your caloric intake for that day and you will be fine.... Best of Luck...

It's a bit hard to go to bed w/ ur stomach growling loudly at you lol And ur lying there feeling like ur starving! Screw Bob and his skinny rule!
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    I had a great reply all ready to go... then I realised you said 'what', not 'who'.

lol!!!!!

Yea, didn't see how it got passed over. I was just waiting and watching.
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    9 or 10pm and I eat again at 1 or 2pm. Love it.
  • milleric
    milleric Posts: 25
    Options
    I read that if you eat right before bed your body wont digest it as well because that whole system shuts down when you sleep..

I usually try to eat at latest 2 hours before I goto bed, if I absolutely have to eat, Ill try to eat something easy to digest like fruits or vegs
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    Usually.... I eat right before bed (though it's eat, brush teeth, crawl into bed, not eat, then sleep

Not diabetic, but I do regularly have problems with LOW blood sugar... If I don't eat right before bed (something with both carbs and protein) I wake up dizzy, crabby, nauseated, and struggling to find the energy just to move. I also start the day with orange juice, (individual serving size bottle, in a small bucket of ice, next to the bed) and don't even bother trying to stand up before drinking it.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I read that if you eat right before bed your body wont digest it as well because that whole system shuts down when you sleep..

I usually try to eat at latest 2 hours before I goto bed, if I absolutely have to eat, Ill try to eat something easy to digest like fruits or vegs

Your system might shut down at night, but that will mean you wont wake up - 'cos your dead! This is usually from the same people that will tell you if you don't eat breakfats your muscles will fall off, and if you have carbs after 3pm your face melts etc etc.

If it works for you to eat at night, go for it. As long as within your calorie limits and doesnt adversely affect your sleeping - knock yourself out!
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I go to bed hungry every night! AHRG! #^&@*! I've usually eaten too many calories early in the day, and haven't saved enough for dinner and an evening snack. Every diet I've ever been on has affected me the same way - I go to bed hungry. I've been thinking, this may be the reason I'm having some sleep issues. Guess I have to exercise more self control at lunch!
  • SorchaRavenlock
    SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have to stop eating a few hours before bed or I have nightmares...

Me too. I stop eating at least 2 hours before bedtime (and then only a few very plain biscuits and some camomile tea) else I'll be having bad/vivid dreams and I'll be waking up often.
    I've spent years of sleeping badly until I started MFP and stopped eating at night, now I sleep like a baby :bigsmile:
  • cravingcollarbone
    Options
    If I am hungry, I will eat something.
    It isn't easy to fall asleep if your stomach is unhappy with you.

That & I tend to wake up really hungry, sometimes it takes a lot to eat when I am that hungry.
    Also, I'd get light-headed. Etc.

It really depends on your body I guess.
  • sgall123
    sgall123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I think if your hungry eat if your not then don't.. & it doesn't matter what time you eat aslong as it wasn't a big greasy takeaway for example going to bed on that would be a bad idea & you would end up gaining weight as your not being able to burn it off !.. I don't usually eat past 10pm & if I do it's maybe a banana or 1 slice of wholemeal toast with a peppermint tea to fill the gap.. If it was after midnight I would log it on the following day.. Good luck ;))
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I go to bed hungry every night! AHRG! #^&@*! I've usually eaten too many calories early in the day, and haven't saved enough for dinner and an evening snack. Every diet I've ever been on has affected me the same way - I go to bed hungry. I've been thinking, this may be the reason I'm having some sleep issues. Guess I have to exercise more self control at lunch!

Plug in some night food before starting your day :) I always put my popcorn in when I am entering my morning coffee. That way I can adjust my day so I don't cut myself short at night.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter to your body if you eat later.

Here's my usual schedule, I'm up at 5:30am, breakfast no later than 7:30am, out the door with kids by 8am, work until 5:30 or 6 unless it's a late night, off to the gym (where my son does karate while I work out!), leave the gym at 8pm - drink down a protein shake post-workout, pick up my daughter from dance between 8:30 and 9pm, get home, make dinner while getting kids to bed, eat dinner while trolling MFP forums, bed by 10:30.

Oh, and this morning, even though I literally ate dinner within half an hour of going to bed, I woke up at 5am with my stomach yelling at me to feed it!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I can't sleep if I eat after 8pm so I generally don't eat anything after my dinner at 6.30pm.
  • GelinaKnows
    Options

Nice LOL!
  • GelinaKnows
    Options
    9 or 10pm and I eat again at 1 or 2pm. Love it.

That's another thing, most of the time, I don't eat breakfast until most people's lunch time. Then lunch about 3, dinner about 7ish, I'm making them all kinda small, larger than snack sized, well, for dinner anyways, but ya, I just hate to eat at one am...
  • babycook
    babycook Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits into your daily allotment it's fine. I eat usually an hour before I go to bed. A handful of nuts, a couple tsp of cottage cheese and 2 glasses of water.