30lbs down... still haven't dropped a pant size... really?!

Options

Replies

• CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm the exact same. I've lost 3 top sizes, and not one pant size. I've lost the same amount of weight as you.

It's frustrating, I've always been fat but I at least had a "fat" hourglass and now i'm becoming pear shaped.

At least I haven't lost anything up top! Lol =P I'd be more than willing to share some of mine with you though!
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna end up looking like a pre-pubescent boy up top! HAHAHAHA
  • jackiecroberts
    jackiecroberts Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Just curious as to what exercise you are doing? If you are just dieting you will get a smaller version of yourself, but in all the same proportions you are now. If you lift weights, it will completely change your body shape and give you nice muscle tone!! I have lost my weight by watching my calories, but also by lifting weights as my primary exercise. I am down one full size and getting ready to go down another size. When you lift weights, you burn many more calories than you realize and you burn many more after your workout. Just a suggestion if you are frustrated. A great book on the subject is New Rules of Lifting for Women, you might want to check it out. I wish you lots of success!!!!
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    It just means when you do start dropping pant sizes it's going to happen FAST and a few at a time. Keep up the losses, those are amazing numbers.
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    here's my theory: I was wearing kind of like stretch jeans and they were too tight, but wearable....over the course of months I stretched them out.......No that Im 10 lb down they still are too tight! I guess because I "may" have been wearing them 2 sizes too small to begin with that they still arent falling off by no means, so in actuality I am down 2 sizes..follow me? Maybe thats not your case but its a theory why I/We are still in the same pants after losing some poundage....howeverI I am also not a pear shape either, more like a banana, or ruler?
  • AJ_Pete
    Options
    Just curious as to what exercise you are doing? If you are just dieting you will get a smaller version of yourself, but in all the same proportions you are now. If you lift weights, it will completely change your body shape and give you nice muscle tone!! I have lost my weight by watching my calories, but also by lifting weights as my primary exercise. I am down one full size and getting ready to go down another size. When you lift weights, you burn many more calories than you realize and you burn many more after your workout. Just a suggestion if you are frustrated. A great book on the subject is New Rules of Lifting for Women, you might want to check it out. I wish you lots of success!!!!

I typically walk/hike trails, 30DS, lift weights, dance.... AND ACTUALLY, I JUST ORDERED THAT BOOK YESTERDAY! Cannot wait to read it! I'm not frustrated, as I've always had hips and butt, but I just find it kinda "meh".....
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Thank bejesus you guys have been there! It's killing me!!!!!

Yes girl we feel ya!! I'm 40+ lbs overweight and barely filling a "B" cup....if **scratch that** WHEN I reach my goal weight I'll probably be in an "A" cup!! Oh well, I'd rather be HEALTHY!!
    :ohwell:
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I had the opposite, and it was equally frustrating. I'd buy new pants and a week later I'd need new ones but my massive arms remained massive. Our bodies lose where they want and sadly we can't do anything about it!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Are you tall? I know that being tall myself, it takes a lot more for me to drop a size. I am down 52 and only down 2 sizes so far. On shorter people that would be a huge difference in clothing size.
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    I have also lost 30lbs and have not dropped a pant size however in blouses i went from 3x to 1x. My bra is about the same (thank goodness)

Psssssh! Boobs... gone! I wish I still had them!!!

I am the same - never really had much up top and that is the first place I lost. It does have an upside - I can wear cute tank tops with built in bras and not have to worry that I don't have enough support and I can also go without one if a bra would show (backless dress).
  • MissesJai
    MissesJai Posts: 48
    Options
    Cheers to everyone out there with badonkadonks! :drinker:
    Cheers!
  • AJ_Pete
    Options
    At least I got smart and am just going to wear maxi dresses all summer to keep me from buying clothes!
  • Beana21
    Beana21 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I had this problem when I was *gaining* weight. Last year I put on about 40 pounds but didn't go up in clothing size at all. I'm only at the beginning of my journey to lose weight and I realllly hope it won't be that way as I continue to lose. lol
  • AJ_Pete
    Options
    Are you tall? I know that being tall myself, it takes a lot more for me to drop a size. I am down 52 and only down 2 sizes so far. On shorter people that would be a huge difference in clothing size.

I'm 5'8, so yeah.... kinda tall..... PS- LOVE your default pic!
  • definitelyval
    definitelyval Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am SOOOO there with you this morning, except my problem is in the reverse. My clothes are looser, my wedding ring slides around on my finger. I look in the mirror and see the changes in my face and arms. I'm more flexible, and feel lighter, but that darn scale is working totally against me! UGH! I know I'm getting results, but like you, I want the concrete evidence in the form of numbers going down on the STUPID SCALE!!!! :brokenheart: :sad: :frown: :grumble: :explode:
  • suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I wear the same size pants if I weigh 150 or 190. Seriously. At 150 they are loose but not enough to get a smaller size, at 190 I have the muffiest muffin top ever, but next size up is still too big. It does save me from having to buy new clothes every time I drop 5lbs.(or gain) So I guess I have that going for me.
  • Lampy00512
    Lampy00512 Posts: 117
    Options
    14LBS down, and haven't dropped a pant size either (though they're loose now, but not enough to drop a size)! :cry: I used to be an hour-glass, and now I'm pretty much pear-shaped :ohwell: I'm shaking up my routine this month, will be hitting the weights, will add squats/lunges, and do lots of running, along with JM's 30-Day Shred. Crossing my fingers to lose inches this month!!!
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    i had the exactly opposite problem. when i first started working out, the scale barely budged but i had dropped a pant size. i think i had lost maybe 2 lbs but was down a pant size. the human body works in such mysterious ways sometimes. i remember being soo sooooo frustrated that the scale seemed to be frozen in time. i felt like i couldn't validate my changes b/c according to the scale, i hadn't LOST any weight.

now, 2 years later and about 27lbs down (15 to go), i've gone from a 10 to a 4 and i'm still baffled at how slowly the scale moves for me but i don't let it get me down any more.

the scale is moving so your body is changing and things are happening, so, keep at it and the hard work WILL pay off!!

good luck!!!
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I agree with about 90% of everything already said! Based on my personal experience:

If you're not lifting, consider incorporating some strength training. I lost 15 lbs and lost some of my low belly, but nothing in my waist or hips until I starting lifting 2x a week, 45 min per session. Then my weight plateaued but I dropped 2 pant sizes.

Body shape has a lot to do with it. I haven't lost any volume in my chest, just my ribcage (went from a 34DD to 32DDD, still a 35 inch bust).

You'd probably stretched your old pants out. Even if you're buying the same size as the old ones, I'm willing to bet they look 100% better on you now!

Keep it up lady, you're making awesome progress. It's hard when results don't come fast enough for your taste, but stick with it! Only good can come of it. :flowerforyou:
  • Dlopez678
    Dlopez678 Posts: 97
    Options
    I am SOOOO there with you this morning, except my problem is in the reverse. My clothes are looser, my wedding ring slides around on my finger. I look in the mirror and see the changes in my face and arms. I'm more flexible, and feel lighter, but that darn scale is working totally against me! UGH! I know I'm getting results, but like you, I want the concrete evidence in the form of numbers going down on the STUPID SCALE!!!! :brokenheart: :sad: :frown: :grumble: :explode:

This is exactly what I'm going through!! I've lost the same amount of inches as I have pounds.. 2 1/2 months and only 17lbs.. soo frustrating... scale must be broke! lol!!