Options
124»

Replies

• MystiqueASAP
    MystiqueASAP Posts: 747
    Options
    Oh... wrong kind of "herbal" magic. :laugh:

I totally thought this thread was about something else. :smile:

I do believe in the benefits of herbs, however.
  • MissStatement
    MissStatement Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Do you know what they call herbal medicine that works? Medicine.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    The first thing that came to mind when I read the title is:

"An explosion of flavor! I'm working with some very unstable herbs."

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CFwQtwIwAw&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NneOyCqdsiU&ei=qfPIT9PPJJOYhQem7_jQDw&usg=AFQjCNE0dfu-znqwukbu4h-ULfLr-J2M7A

In all seriousness, though. I do think that there are a lot of natural remedies found in herbs, essential oils and the like that work better than drugs and synthesized medicines. Often they will take one constituent from an herb that is proven to do this or that to synthesize and concentrate it in order to work "better" but some things either cannot be synthesized or generally work better in their natural form. There I go, sounding like a hippy again, ah me...

I don't know anything specific about "Herbal Magic", but I would worry about it being yet another flim-flam group that is trying to capitalize on people's ignorance. Make sure you research it fully before committing to anything.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    they will gladly test it, (1)all the govt has to do is give them just a little funding, but they wont. Its easy for clowns to say they have proved nothing,(2) the fda wont allow them to prove anything. And to correct you, they have proved in other parts of the world that it works, like China

(1) Why would, or should the gov't fund for-profit companies? If the company has something viable they could raise the capital to finance the clinical trials in the private markets - that's how a free market economy works. Investors have money to invest in things they think will make money and entrepreneurs / scientists / researchers have ideas for products. It's really very simple.........(I speak from personal knowledge having raised private venture capital for several software companies - if your idea is viable there's money available).

(2) So it's a FDA conspiracy to keep herbal products off the market? Possibly one of the stupidest statements I've read on any forum anywhere in a long time. If anything the FDA is too liberal in allowing unproven products to be sold under the guise of "food". Think about this for a second , don't you think if there was a supplement of sorts that had real benefits and value the big companies would be all over it trying to buy the rights and then exploit it?

Proved what in China? Where are the peer reviewed trials?
  • gbg49229
    gbg49229 Posts: 57
    Options
    they will gladly test it, (1)all the govt has to do is give them just a little funding, but they wont. Its easy for clowns to say they have proved nothing,(2) the fda wont allow them to prove anything. And to correct you, they have proved in other parts of the world that it works, like China

(1) Why would, or should the gov't fund for-profit companies? If the company has something viable they could raise the capital to finance the clinical trials in the private markets - that's how a free market economy works. Investors have money to invest in things they think will make money and entrepreneurs / scientists / researchers have ideas for products. It's really very simple.........(I speak from personal knowledge having raised private venture capital for several software companies - if your idea is viable there's money available).

(2) So it's a FDA conspiracy to keep herbal products off the market? Possibly one of the stupidest statements I've read on any forum anywhere in a long time. If anything the FDA is too liberal in allowing unproven products to be sold under the guise of "food". Think about this for a second , don't you think if there was a supplement of sorts that had real benefits and value the big companies would be all over it trying to buy the rights and then exploit it?

Proved what in China? Where are the peer reviewed trials?
    well if you have started some software companies I think you should be able to understand this simple math, fighting cancer with herbs can get cancer gone with less then $5000. If you go with chemo, each chemo is $4000 to $18000 and they give you a min of 6 months, sometimes more, not to mention radiation, not to mention all the test they have, and the test to check the test, and then more test. I could care less if people want to think the fda is great, that is your opinion, I would rather look at the big picture! look at the ingredients in food and tell me they have your best interest in there eyes, we will continue this conversation on that, go look at things like salad dressing, and anything in a box or package, that is all approved by the fda. now once you look at that explain why America has more cancer then anyplace else? explain why the fda approved ingredients that every other country has banned? it must be for Americans health, oh no, wait thats not it.....maybe because the health care is a business and they want it to be booming? come on, that would make PERFECT sense, that cant be it..... I am trying to figure out and respect the opposing view, according to you fda supporters the fda has all this testing to make sure everything is good for us, and drugs are ok for us to consume, yet many of the things they approve cause cancer, they will not allow, again, they will not allow research on herbal meds, like it our not that is the truth. they spend more money fighting herbal meds and altering them until the wont work so they can say "herbal dont work, see! we altered it with all this other stuff we approved, so now it dont work"
    Listen, you choose to keep doing all the stuff that is fda approved, good luck, I hope it does you will and I hope you live a very long, very happy life. Given most things I have saw you may get lucky and get that, but %70 percent of Americans dont get that, they are on fda approved meds that they will never EVER get off of, and those meds will lead to more meds down the road. That is not the life for me, a year ago I was on the same side of the coin as you, but when my wife got cancer I learned a lot about the fda, natural meds in America. One of the biggest things I learned is that there will always be haters, they get angry that you educated your self, its human nature, people always hate the boss in there work place, or the owner, or the competition, I will say this, live the way you want, good luck God bless! me, im going to look at the big picture and if you would like to ever open your mind and learn let me know, I have a lot of info that can help you. let me know when you looked up those ingredients to! have a good day
  • NOLA_Meg
    NOLA_Meg Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    explain why America has more cancer then anyplace else?
    [/quote]

We don't. When combining sexes, Denmark has the highest rate. When separating men and women, Frabce has the highest rate for men and Denmark for women.

http://www.wcrf.org/cancer_statistics/cancer_frequency.php

Now, as an epidemiologist, I can offer some guesses on why the numbers are this way. The number one being screening. If you screen more you find more. Simple. Also, in this analysis they are looking at all cancers except melanoma.

If you look at a specific cancer like cervical cancer you can see where the morbidity lies. In the developing countries that have a double burden of infectious and chronic disease and far less resources for screening and treatment, so the highest rates are in Africa and in South America.

http://www.who.int/hpvcentre/statistics/en/

Educate yourself with actual data and not "Billy-Bob's-Conspiracy-Theory-Aliens-Among-Us" blog.

Also, I am truly sorry that your wife has cancer. I can't imagine how difficult it is for her and your family. I truly hope that whatever treatment regimen she is using is helping her.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Without even reading the whole thread or anything about the product, I can say with 92.5% accuracy that it is overpriced plant leaves that provide, little, if any, benefit to the human body.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    (1)fighting cancer with herbs can get cancer gone with less then $5000. If you go with chemo, each chemo is $4000 to $18000 and they give you a min of 6 months, sometimes more, not to mention radiation, not to mention all the test they have, and the test to check the test, and then more test. I could care less if people want to think the fda is great, that is your opinion, I would rather look at the big picture!

(1) Can it? Do you have any evidence to back up this assertion?

You say to look at the big picture, well let's do that. There are 7 billion people on planet earth, about 300 million of them live in the USA . Heath care is big business in the USA but every industrialized country in the world except the USA has universal health-care and every government out there is looking for ways to reduce health care costs. You don't think there are customers out there for a $5,000 cancer cure? If someone could actually do that they would become richer than Bill Gates.
    they will not allow, again, they will not allow research on herbal meds, like it our not that is the truth. they spend more money fighting herbal meds and altering them until the wont work so they can say "herbal dont work, see! we altered it with all this other stuff we approved, so now it dont work"

Sorry, I'm just calling conspiracy theory BS on that one. We've had a lot of that same debate up here and the supplement makers have proven unwilling to implement proper scientific protocols to establish the safety and efficacy of their products, in many cases they can't even tell you how much active ingredient is contained in each package due to lack of standardization. I kind of like the idea that if I have a headache I know the ibuprofen I pop contains 200mg of ingredient not somebody's wild *kitten* guess as to what may actually be in there. (The herbal magazines refer to the Health Protection Branch as the Herb Persecution Branch)

Is the FDA perfect? Hell no, there are lots of products for sale in the US that are banned here in Canada.
  • gbg49229
    Options
    (1) Can it? Do you have any evidence to back up this assertion?
    Why yes I can, my wife sittting next to me is proof, along with thousands of others that have used herbal to fight cancer! THOUSANDS! all it takes is a willingness to learn... well that and you may have to travel out of the states because they wont let herbal in the states

You say to look at the big picture, well let's do that. There are 7 billion people on planet earth, about 300 million of them live in the USA . Heath care is big business in the USA but every industrialized country in the world except the USA has universal health-care and every government out there is looking for ways to reduce health care costs. You don't think there are customers out there for a $5,000 cancer cure? If someone could actually do that they would become richer than Bill Gates.
    if you think they want to reduce health care, there is no sense in continuing this with you, you are obviously blind. They dont make money on healthy or dead, only inbetween
    they will not allow, again, they will not allow research on herbal meds, like it our not that is the truth. they spend more money fighting herbal meds and altering them until the wont work so they can say "herbal dont work, see! we altered it with all this other stuff we approved, so now it dont work"

Sorry, I'm just calling conspiracy theory BS on that one. We've had a lot of that same debate up here and the supplement makers have proven unwilling to implement proper scientific protocols to establish the safety and efficacy of their products, in many cases they can't even tell you how much active ingredient is contained in each package due to lack of standardization. I kind of like the idea that if I have a headache I know the ibuprofen I pop contains 200mg of ingredient not somebody's wild *kitten* guess as to what may actually be in there. (The herbal magazines refer to the Health Protection Branch as the Herb Persecution Branch)
    good for you! good luck with that

Is the FDA perfect? Hell no, there are lots of products for sale in the US that are banned here in Canada.
    [/quote]
  • gbg49229
    Options

I guess I should say, it must be crazy to thing leaves and twigs could work, we need the fda approved biohazourdous and radioactive material infected into a body that kills all cells and brings you to near death, if not death. I fully understand that argument?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    EVERY Human male will eventually get prostate cancer if he lives long enough. EVERY human female will get ovarian or breast cancer if she lives long enough. It is a function of the human condition, not the FDA and Smith-Kline.

wow! defeatist much! And so much ignorance!!! You know you don't HAVE to get cancer, don't you? Don't just stay there doing nothing and waiting for the cancer to happen. No, cancer is NOT a ''function of the human condition''.
  • jennifershoo
    Options

great argument! and you help prove my point so for that I thank you! millions just keep taking insulin with out EVER, I will say it again so that you understand real clear, with out EVER getting off of it, they just keep taking it, meanwhile there health continues to decline because there body is not doing the things it should! Suprise, there is a conspiracy (atleast in the U.S.A.). they spend apx 20 BILLION dollars a year to "find" a cure for cancer, yet in many other country's they cure cancer with those darn ol "herbs" you dislike so much, and do it very cheap compared to chemo and radiation! And you obviously do not know much about cancer, because they know a lot of causes of cancer, toxins in the body, and a breach of the immune system! want to know how Americans get so many toxins in there body? our food, does a food company put just anything in there they want? nope, has to be approved by the FDA! now, as far as conspiracy, the fda approves things like....meat glue, tuna scrape, pink slime, ammonia in your food, before you spout off, google those things, then look on the back of say a bottle of ranch, what is maltodetrin? disodium phosphate? monosodium glumate? disodium inosinate? disodium guanylate? sorbic acid? yum, sorbic acid sounds pretty good for me! I dont know why any one would EVER question the FDA when they approve those kind of yummy ingredients for us to eat, in fact, now that I have read your comments, and I watched all the videos on the things in our food I may have to change my mind and think the fda has my best interest in mind............I am thinking...................wait, nah I still think they are a business and dont give a **** about people!

Best post ever! ^^
  • jennifershoo
    Options
    Do you know what they call herbal medicine that works? Medicine.

Um, no. Not all the time.
  • ForeverIrish
    ForeverIrish Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you posted this--I've never heard of it. There are so many programs and supplements out there these days, it's hard to keep a handle on them all. People here are right--food deficit plus working out are what does it. Once I quit eating 4000 calories a day and a lot of trans fat, I was amazed and the weight and inches I lost.
  • YepLilly
    YepLilly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Plus I had one of them tell me that perhaps I wasnt losing weight (that weigh in) cause I had eaten a banana the previous day and a banana was a heavy fruit ....wtf?

LOL!

For some reason this made me laugh so hard.
  • koenig529
    koenig529 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I tried it for a few weeks but it is very expensive. I did loose 10+ pounds, however, I was hungry all the time. I kept track of my calories and I was eating now more than 950 calories a day. That is why I lost the weight. When I decided it was to expensive and could not afford to get the supplements anymore wich were $85 - $120 for the per week. They were not helpful at all. I was told that I had to take the supplements to be part of the program and that if I couldn't afford it then they would cancel my file. I then asked about getting a refund on some of the money I paid as I had paid $1200 for a membership for a year. They said that it was non refundable. So from May 9 to June 11 it cost me in total $1600 to loose 10lb. There is a news report about herbal magic I had seen today I just wish I would of seen it earlier, I think it was ctv but not sure.