Am I the only one??

Options
Leslie85
Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
I'm all about success stories and sharing progress pictures....but dang! Some of you post some realllyy revealing pictures! I almost feel embarrassed to look at them!

For example, I just clicked on one...guy was completely naked and had cut the picture off right before...well...you know what. And I mean RIGHT BEFORE....all I'm asking for is just a little more clothing!

Replies

• NoraMich84
    NoraMich84 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Haha! I know exactly which one your talking about. I am a total prudy :blushing: , but I realize most people are not. Love seeing everyone's success though. It's so motivating.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I personally don't care if I'm looking at revealing photos of others...but what SHOCKS me is that they're putting these on the internet. Can you imagine if a COWORKER came on this site and saw some of these??? Holy moly....I think I'd die if I were them. Wowsers.
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    No, you're not the only one. There is only one man whose body I care to see that much of and I'm married to him.

I get that some people are seriously proud of the weight they've dropped and are enjoying their rockin' new body. But, I don't understand how weight loss and inhibition loss seem to go so hand in hand on this site. Whether I've been overweight or at a maintenance weight, I've never felt compelled to "flaunt it" all over the internet or even in my every day life.

Some things are just better left to the imagination, IMO.
  • southgacutie
    southgacutie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree with you! 100%.....we don't need to see all that! LOL
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Oh! Where do I find this picture!! lol:)))
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    This site is about changing your body, so I don't mind seeing bodies. They don't offend me. It's just some skin!
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    You can only see the pics if you click on em. Just sayin...
  • sharpeoplepc
    sharpeoplepc Posts: 84 Member
    Options

I'm with you!:tongue:
  • lenema
    lenema Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Right on! You can still see a person's progress without all the skin. TMI!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Backs away slowly.....
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    no you're not. I'm almost afraid to open posts now... the pictures plus the nasty commentary sometimes. Ridiculous.
  • erosales0117
    Options
    That wants to have fun tonight? HEHE sorry your title is a country song by Dierks Bentley.
  • cjb8900
    cjb8900 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Well obviously you aren't the only one but I think it is silly to be bothered by photos of another person's body.

People who post their photos are inspirational and motivating and I say BRAVO to them for being proud of the work they have done and are confident enough to show it off.

And I would hate for this site to censor them.
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    *munches popcorn*
  • rustyfla
    rustyfla Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I live 2 miles from the Beach.

I was shocked the other day when I went and saw so many people showing off most of their bodies.
    How dare they? Women and bikini's...I mean...my god..cover up.....

Even when not at the beach....why do I have to be shown cleavage....I mean my god....wear a shirt with a collar all the way up to your neck and a dress all the way to your ankles.

hehehe

Who cares..... ;)
  • Kalebsmommy424
    Kalebsmommy424 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I was gonna say this as well..you always have the option of not clicking on pictures:ohwell: ..as long as there are no va jay jays and no twig and berries I dont care what they have on...
    You can only see the pics if you click on em. Just sayin...
  • bestbassist
    bestbassist Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Virtuosity is a thing of the past just like black and white TV and record albums. With technology being what it is, it just fosters more narcissism. People who are insecure when they don't feel good about their bodies will find ways to cover up but when they shed the weight they sometimes do a complete turnabout in their behavior. It's a form of pathos, really. I'm all for having a healthy self-esteem but a lot of the posts you speak of are from people who are searching for compliments. It's very sad and superficial. If they had true self-esteem then how they felt about their bodies wouldn't matter whether they were overweight or not. The photograph is merely a way of proving they are part of the "cool kids" clique.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options

LOL I was thinking that but didn't want to say it
  • pfarley68
    pfarley68 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    No, I have had a few that made me uncomfortable or grossed me out.
  • melisabee
    melisabee Posts: 19
    Options
    Virtuosity is a thing of the past just like black and white TV and record albums. With technology being what it is, it just fosters more narcissism. People who are insecure when they don't feel good about their bodies will find ways to cover up but when they shed the weight they sometimes do a complete turnabout in their behavior. It's a form of pathos, really. I'm all for having a healthy self-esteem but a lot of the posts you speak of are from people who are searching for compliments. It's very sad and superficial. If they had true self-esteem then how they felt about their bodies wouldn't matter whether they were overweight or not. The photograph is merely a way of proving they are part of the "cool kids" clique.

I think you meant "virtue". Virtuosity means great technical skill. :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!