Not sure how to log this in my food diary...

Options
How would I log this in my food diary?...meat from a chicken leg, about 6-8 snow peas and about 6-8 medium sizes mushrooms all sauteed in about a tablespoon of butter and pepper..it tasted really good too...:) Thanks for any help:)
Wanda

Replies

• vabrewer33
    vabrewer33 Posts: 185
    Options
    Did you weigh how much chicken? then just put each of those things (chicken, peas, mushroom, and butter) into your diary individually.
  • WandaJean1564
    WandaJean1564 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    No I didn't weigh the chicken ...I ended about having about 5 or 6 small pieces of the meat...about baby finger size, and thanks for the help:)
  • toomuchsweetness
    toomuchsweetness Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    quite frankly I dont know how that is going to keep you full????
  • sdm329
    sdm329 Posts: 57
    Options
    If you put all of the pieces together, would they be about the size of a deck of cards? If so, I would say 3 ounces and adjust more or less depending on the amount of chicken. That's what I would do.
  • WandaJean1564
    Options
    I did the best I could with my food diary thanks for all the help...and I will have a snack later....maybe some cottage cheese and some fruit.
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options
    That only sounds like 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup of chicken meat to me. Yes I would log the veges individually also
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Log everything individually...you can log 1 chicken leg...not like you eat the bones/tendons normally anyway...
  • WandaJean1564
    Options
    quite frankly I dont know how that is going to keep you full????

I am not done eating ...still having a snack later:)
  • WandaJean1564
    Options
    That only sounds like 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup of chicken meat to me. Yes I would log the veges individually also

Id say even less....it was just small peices I tore off...I logged everything seperate....but not sure how to log the chicken so went with the "best" that was in the database
  • sparkie2bfit
    Options
    If it is something you may make often, give it a name and log the recipe in and you will always have it. I find that easier than always doing the individual log ins.
  • WandaJean1564
    Options
    it was my first time making it, I was surprised at how good it tasted, will probally have it once a week or once every two weeks...funny how just throwing things together tastes so good...I am a terrible cook :)
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    measure everything so you know how much it is. Make a recipe with the food items. And give it a name. Then when you make it all you have to do is look it up under your recipes and put it in your diary.

You may have to do some fractions to get the amount of food you are using. Like if the lowest amount of chicken you can find is 1/2 a piece and you are using less then that you may have to pick 1/2 a piece and use fractions to get the amount you are really using.
  • charlierefvem
    charlierefvem Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Make sure to put dark meat chicken since it is from a leg.
  • lucylAnneMason
    Options
    You really needed to weight it before you ate it =) so i'm not sure x
  • lukeout007
    Options
    Why is everyone making it so difficult?

"You have to weigh it"
    "Is it the size of a deck of cards?"

.....it's a chicken leg! Search for chicken leg and enter 1 chicken leg. Eating "the meat" from a chicken leg is no different than eating a chicken leg...it should be logged the same way.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I hope you eat more than what's logged on your diary for the last few days.....
  • laurensayz
    laurensayz Posts: 70 Member
    Options

"You have to weigh it"

.....it's a chicken leg! Search for chicken leg and enter 1 chicken leg. Eating "the meat" from a chicken leg is no different than eating a chicken leg...it should be logged the same way.

I had to laugh a little because everyone seems to be ignoring you, and you have the most obvious correct answer. LOL.
  • lukeout007
    Options

"You have to weigh it"

I had to laugh a little because everyone seems to be ignoring you, and you have the most obvious correct answer. LOL.

I know! It's ridiculous.
  • WandaJean1564
    Options

"You have to weigh it"

I know! It's ridiculous.

I don't have a kitchen scale right now...
  • WandaJean1564
    Options
    I hope you eat more than what's logged on your diary for the last few days.....

I don't log my morning coffee...I should I guess...I drink 1-2 cups..with 1 tsp sugar and 1% milk...and I drink water all day long and the occasional glass of orange juice or a glass of milk...I guess I need to log those...95% of what i drink is water though.
    For a couple of days I wasn't eating much...upset that my best friend is in ICU at hospital...but she is better now and is going home after the weekend.:)