Couch to 5k app

Options
2»

Replies

• Mark_
    Mark_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I use RunDouble on my Android - it's a fantastic app, I love it.

This
  • mojomarie
    mojomarie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I use the "Runtastic" app and absolutely LOVE it!!:)) I actually upgraded to the deluxe app. It' shows you your distance, calories burned, tracks your progress AND you can get "cheers" from your friends on fb and you can hear it on your phone as you're running!:))

Good luck to you!!:))
  • Always824
    Always824 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Can you use the app if you are 30 pounds overweight?

Are overweight people not allowed to run? Of course you can; it's geared for everyone. There are alot of people on here that use it. Search the threads I do believe there are groups following each other.

LOL! I just always had this mantra- no running until I get under 200. (17 lbs until then) I thought it would be to hard on the knees.

Same here! The doc also told me to do low impact until I get under 200, 23lbs to go but I decided to just F-it and Just Do it! this week :)
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I started C25k when I was over 200. Now I am 147 and just came back from my 6 mile run. I never would have made it to this point with out C25k. Very useful tool.

Now that I am beyond that and working towards my first half-marathon, I use another free app called ENDOMONDO. It uses GPS to track my workouts (running and cycling), had an optional coach to come on each mile and tell you time/distance etc. I LOVE IT!
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    Podrunner.
    It's a free podcast with music beats on pace so you can maintain pace.
    Love it

Oh and since it's not music you know. It doesn't create dependence on music for your runs.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I use a free c25k app. I love it because I can run while listening to music and the prompts still work. Also if i'm on my treadmill watching movies while I walk/run, the app will flash green or red for walking or running. That way I can see it out of the corner of my eye to know it's time to run and use my 'movie' earbuds instead of listening for the phone.
  • ssweet1020
    ssweet1020 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love it! I got a free app from the android market (created by Zen Labs) It works very well for me!
  • nmj1988
    nmj1988 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded the iphone couch to 5k app. Im hopefully going to start tomorrow if it doesnt rain lol.
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I use C25K free. It works great for what I need.

This is what I use, I love it :)
  • wannaberunner33
    wannaberunner33 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi

Is anyone doing the couch to 5k and, if so, do you use an app? If so, what would you recommend?

couch-to-5k by active.com I love it. I just finished W6D3 It's a great app
  • vico1612
    vico1612 Posts: 18
    Options
    I use Walkmeter on Iphone , it includes a c25k plan , starting w2d1 tomorrow [ some delay due to throat playing up :mad: ]
    Good luck !
  • ninpiggy
    ninpiggy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have the one from zenlabs (C25K) and have it on both my phone (android) and Ipod touch. ... I like zenlabs version because you can be listening to music on your ipod and it will have a voice prompt that says when to run, walk, and even when your at the your half way point. And then you can share your progress on facebook or twitter...

This is the app I have on my iPhone. It's called C25K free. I also downloaded C210K free for when I complete the 5K.
  • asd04
    asd04 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've never done much running but have decided to try for the Couch to 5K... suggestions? apps (i have an android phone)? encouragement? Anything is appreciated!
  • pollard775
    pollard775 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I started C25k when I was over 200. Now I am 147 and just came back from my 6 mile run. I never would have made it to this point with out C25k. Very useful tool.

Now that I am beyond that and working towards my first half-marathon, I use another free app called ENDOMONDO. It uses GPS to track my workouts (running and cycling), had an optional coach to come on each mile and tell you time/distance etc. I LOVE IT!

I finished my first C25K work out yesterday. It was brutal but great. Doing those 1 minute running sprints, gave me a taste of what I used to be able to accomplish. I can't wait until I can say again, "I just finished a 6 mile run" I am SOOOO excited!!!!!

Thanks to all who encourage!
    Kim
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    The couch to 5k app was wonderful!
  • brismom070897
    brismom070897 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kathyc609
    kathyc609 Posts: 258 Member