So who all is from the great state of TEXAS??

Options

Replies

• Grantlesliejr
    Options
    I lived in Kingwood, just outside of Houston for roughly 18 years. Now I'm in New York about and hour outside of NYC.
  • BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    i live in montgomery texas (north of houston). always live in the houston ish area. started in spring. might move to college station soon. :)
  • DarkPhoenix
    DarkPhoenix Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Howdy from Plano! Just back from an 85 degree run, and it felt cool to me haha....compared to what we usually get here in ol Texas. I *try* to beat the heat by getting up early in the morning...but that doesn't always happen. I'm a shade seeking runner, and prefer trails when I can get them. So chug your water, boys and girls, and pray for October! :)
  • _Refried_
    _Refried_ Posts: 194
    Options
    I'm in Mansfield, its a suburb in the Dallas Ft Worth area.
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    I'm in Texarkana :D
  • ricochette55
    ricochette55 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Sunray!! hey to all the Aggies...whoop!!!
  • Jessaustx
    Jessaustx Posts: 130
    Options
    Austinite here!! Born and raised in England but Austin is my current home :)
  • angelew
    angelew Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Sorry don't want to sound like I have an attitude or a jerk just really curious whats so great about Texas? I admit i haven't been there yet so no judgement is being passed I want to visit one day, (someone tell me where to start)

But what is the greatness?

First off, let us say how sorry we are that you live in New York state. :wink: You can't possibly understand "Texas"! Please know I'm just joking with you about New York...and please do visit Texas! Texans are the friendliest & most generous people on earth! Go to the beautiful Texas Hill Country...tube the Guadalupe or Comal Rivers, spend a day at Schlitterbahn & get "initiated" into Texas culture, go to San Antonio and explore the River Walk and the Mercado...& be sure to eat at Mi Tierra, go to Austin and enjoy some live Texas music, watch a high school football game on any Friday night anywhere in the state, the list goes on and on! I live in Houston- come check out our museums, theatre, shopping & restaurants. Gotta warn you...we are proud people...if you visit and still feel the same way, best keep it to yourself!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in Southeast Texas (the Golden Triangle area of Beaumont - Pt. Arthur - Orange). Raising my boys here as well! Moved away to other states, but nothing is ever like home!!!
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I'm from there but living in Mississippi now. :P Going next weekend for 5 days though but I don't know if I'll be getting any workouts in. I've got several places in mind for when I move out of Mississippi and going back home to Texas is definitely one of them.
  • AshleyNStanley
    Options
    Hi! I live in Silsbee, Northeast of Beaumont, Texas. HOT and HUMID and I work at a plant in Orange, Texas so I am out in the heat all the time!
  • AshleyNStanley
    Options
    Never ask a person where they're from. If they're from Texas, they'll tell you. If not, don't embarrass them.

To answer your question: People are just proud of Texas. Not all, mind you, but most. How? I don't know, probably because we can secede from America and still survive. Maybe because of the Alamo. Maybe because we have an independent power grid. Maybe it's because we have the best BBQ in the nation and 3 of them sit right in Lockhart.

Perhaps it's because of all the beautiful women. Maybe because of the diversity of the state as a whole. Could be because of the schools (Tech, UT, A&M, Baylor, etc...)

Maybe it's because people are just proud to be Texans.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Born in Port Arthur, Raised in Beaumont, Live in Houston!! Yep, brutally hot all the time. Happy Summer! :)
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi! I live in Silsbee, Northeast of Beaumont, Texas. HOT and HUMID and I work at a plant in Orange, Texas so I am out in the heat all the time!

THE CAR TRADIN' CAPITAL OF SOUTHEAST TEXAS! Rock On!!!
  • reshapemariah21
    reshapemariah21 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Ft Worth here (:
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    San Antonio here!!!! Hot as heck in the summer. But you have a completely different heat than we do.
  • jeffwagstaff
    Options
    Its great to see so many people from Texas!.. I'm in San Antonio.. Support Friends Needed!
  • SocialRopes
    SocialRopes Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    FLOWER MOUND, north dallas.
    i somehow survived growing up in corpus christi, despite the boiling heat.
    i exercise at a gym and get runs in early morning or late evenings, but i think those are going to come to a halt soon.
  • jeffwagstaff
    Options
    Sorry don't want to sound like I have an attitude or a jerk just really curious whats so great about Texas? I admit i haven't been there yet so no judgement is being passed I want to visit one day, (someone tell me where to start)

But what is the greatness?

Its all about TEXAS PRIDE.. You either have it (and "get it", or you don't.)
  • gotchakatja
    gotchakatja Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    North Richland Hills! :] But going to school in College Station.