So who all is from the great state of TEXAS??

Options

Replies

• Cindylou321
    Options
    Houston Texas... yep it is hot and sticky here...
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    ME! :D Born and raised in the Houston area and moved to a different part, Texas State in San Marcos, for college! :)
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I live in Southeast Houston. Went walking last weekend at just around noon. That was fun.
  • jcestrada1
    Options
    Hi, from New Braunfels, Tx.
  • caegem
    caegem Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Transplanted from Alberta Canada.........to Corpus Christi!!! HOT N HUMID as hell!! And Yes I excercise outside, and Yes im insane! LOL.....you think all that sweating would make you skinny, but NOT! LOL!
  • Kellysmom78
    Kellysmom78 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Bridge City....... 6th generation Texan! Woohoo! What's so great about Texas??.........IT's TEXAS, enough said!
  • Cowenlaw1
    Cowenlaw1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Brownsville. Used to the heat.
  • Cindylou321
    Options
    Sorry don't want to sound like I have an attitude or a jerk just really curious whats so great about Texas? I admit i haven't been there yet so no judgement is being passed I want to visit one day, (someone tell me where to start)

But what is the greatness?

It is really hard to define but I will do my best.

When one is born in Texas they are born with an independent spirit" I don't know if it something left over from the original settlers struggling to survive but it is something that is embedded in our culture.
    There has been many people who have moved here and have adopted Texas as there home not long after getting here...
    Many many Texans would prefer that we succeed from the US; me I like the idea but would need more information to make a sound decision.

I am a really live Cindy Lou from Texas... Nice to meet ya..
  • Injurymachine
    Options
    Born and raised in DFW. I have loved the summer heat every year of my life, with the exception of last summer.
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Texas= means friendly:) they are the most friendly people. I am not from there live in Arkansas. but would love texas friends any day:)
  • AYS12
    AYS12 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm from Houston and still live here. :)
  • MommyCatM
    MommyCatM Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Midwestern transplant. 2nd year in DFW. Last summer was a doozy. Especially since I was pregnant!!! Hoping and praying this summer is better. Still think 6-7 am is going to be the prime time to workout before the heat cranks up. That sun is brutal!
  • Mandyu
    Mandyu Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm from little San Angelo
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    So happy to be a Texas girl! Born and raised :)
  • smile02me
    smile02me Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, Monica here. I live just north of Conroe. I hate the heat, especially after last summer. I do all my workouts inside.
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Just south of Houston. Add me up!
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    as long as Lubbock doesn't repeat the 114 or 118 we had last summer, I might just survive...
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'm not...but my husband is from Houston!
    Although..he isn't on this site, cuz he doesn't have any weight to lose!
  • Soozie1978
    Soozie1978 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Howdy!

Born in San Antonio and live in College Station (about an hour and half from Houston). So go Spurs and Gig 'em! :happy:

I LOVE TEXAS! :drinker:

Born in College Station and live in San Antonio - lol. As an Air Force brat I lived all over the USA. I've chosen San Antonio to be my permanent home, living here the last 40 years except those back at Aggieland! Gig 'em!

PS: If I had a lot more money, I'd have a vacation home in Colorado! Beautiful, but wouldn't want the snow and ice all winter!
  • twistofcain
    twistofcain Posts: 190
    Options
    I have covered pretty much all of east texas...currently in Terrell.