walking 3 mph: "walking dog"...BUT I DON'T HAVE A DOG

Options
jsapninz
jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
This is a small thing, but it annoys me that the only MFP standard issue "Walking 3 mph pace" has to be named "walking dog." I have had soooo many of my MFP buddies be like "YOU GOT A DOG?!?!" Over and over again and it gets really annoying.

I don't have a dog, but I CAN walk at 3 mph. Please change the name to something similar to the other "walking at such and such pace" and leave it at that.

Besides, dogs have different paces so it is misleading to assume that all dog walkers go at the same pace.:huh:

I know I can change my own exercises manually but I think this would clear up a bit of confusion.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    You can create your own exercise, that is dog free... ? :-) (Just use the 'create your own exercise' button.)

hth
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,020 Member
    Options
    So make a new exercise for yourself.
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Why would they change something a member created? They walk their dog at 3mph, so that is what they created. You can make your own for just walking 3 mph.
  • jsapninz
    Options
    You can create your own exercise, that is dog free... ? :-) (Just use the 'create your own exercise' button.)

hth

I am aware that you can create your own exercise. But I prefer to use the standard ones in the database that are supposed to be fairly generic. Those ones are not user created, they are standard issue by MFP. That is why I want it changed.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Agreed. When I had a dog, Boxer, He generally took ME for the walk and it was sure more then 3 mph! More like 5 or 6. I had to semi-jog to keep up with him!
  • SweetJoanne
    SweetJoanne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    just change it and put your own exercise in, I like it because I do have a dog, but you can change lots of things on MFP
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Options
    What about all the people who want it like that? They can't have it because you don't like it?
  • Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Too funny. When I walk my lil' dog, it's more a stop / start pattern with him. Walk to first tree, stop, walk to next tree (10 steps away), stop - oooh look there's a fire hydrant......
  • meerkat70
    Options
    just change it and put your own exercise in, I like it because I do have a dog, but you can change lots of things on MFP

Apparently that's not good enough. Urgent change to the free tool is necessary.

While we're at it, can we change all the 'running / jogging' entries. I reckon when you're running an 8 minute mile or better, having that described as mfp as a 'jog' is even more insulting than MFP suggesting you're out for a stroll with your dog.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    What about all the people who want it like that? They can't have it because you don't like it?

Don't be silly. It can and *must* be changed.

Perhaps we could have parallel entries. And if we're going to do that, I think I have a friend on my list who will want a 'walking 3mph with pet bunny' on there.
  • sarasmile144
    sarasmile144 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Too funny. When I walk my lil' dog, it's more a stop / start pattern with him. Walk to first tree, stop, walk to next tree (10 steps away), stop - oooh look there's a fire hydrant......
    LoL I completely relate to this with my chihuahua.. But the little guy LOVES his walks :)
  • jsapninz
    Options

While we're at it, can we change all the 'running / jogging' entries. I reckon when you're running an 8 minute mile or better, having that described as mfp as a 'jog' is even more insulting than MFP suggesting you're out for a stroll with your dog.
    [/quote]

Perhaps we could have parallel entries. And if we're going to do that, I think I have a friend on my list who will want a 'walking 3mph with pet bunny' on there.

HEY. SMART ALEC. WE ARE ON THE WEBSITE SUGGESTIONS/FEEDBACK SECTION.

I would like something changed because I am a user. THAT IS WHAT THE FEEDBACK SECTION IS FOR.

You don't need to take it personally and get butt hurt over it.:noway:
  • jsapninz
    Options

Uhm, they can just post their walking pace...whatever that pace may be (which may or may not be 3 mph, as other people have verified).
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Options

Uhm, they can just post their walking pace...whatever that pace may be (which may or may not be 3 mph, as other people have verified).

So they have to change what they like to log because you feel entitled that it should be set to what makes you happy?

I could just as easily say, you should just walk faster, or slower.
  • Chrissy9632
    Options
    Yeah, my dog walks me way faster than 3mph!
  • jsapninz
    Options

So they have to change what they like to log because you feel entitled that it should be set to what makes you happy?

They don't HAVE to change anything. I was just SUGGESTING that they do because I find it misleading: plenty of people walk at 3 mph WITHOUT a dog, and plenty of people who DO walk dogs don't do it at 3 mph.

I just find it an odd/misleading title. HOLY crap I had no idea people were so sensitive about it. IT'S JUST A NAME. I don't feel "entitled" to MFP "making me happy." It was just a suggestion...:indifferent:
  • meerkat70
    Options

I would like something changed because I am a user. THAT IS WHAT THE FEEDBACK SECTION IS FOR.

Obviously it's me that's butt hurt. Yeah. that's what's happening here....

You're funny.

(I, for what it's worth, was simply having a bit of fun. You remember 'fun', right...? )
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    awwwww but I love my invisible pooch. He doesn't poop on the carpet, he's very cheap to feed and he always tells me when it's walk time :laugh:

but ya, I kinda feel weird posting that i'm walkin my dog when I have no dog
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Options

Obviously it's me that's butt hurt. Yeah. that's what's happening here....

You're funny.

(I, for what it's worth, was simply having a bit of fun. Apparently an unheard of concept for you.... )
    [/quote]

Fun on the internets is not allowed, you must be srs at all times!

P.s. rubbing dirt on hurt butts helps.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,020 Member
    Options
    I like meerkats. They are darling. I think they walk faster than 3 MPH, though. And they more like "scurry". So could we change it to "Scurry 4.5 MPH" ? Please? That is what I would like.