Polar HRM, is this the right one?

Options
13»

Replies

• tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I got the polar ft4 in pink :) I love it!!
  • tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I swear by mine.... I have the FT60. The machines at the gym are way off on calorie burn - they are much too high!! Definitely recommend the FT60 :-) :-)

I have found that to be the case with most machines.. but my elliptical at home likes to tell me I burn less than 100 calories for doing 3 miles on an interval course! HA! As if I believe that.

Oh wow, the opposite extreme!
    The CYBEX elliptical at the gym reads as double what my polar tells me.
    Also, the treadmill is high. The crazy thing is, they BOTH read my heart rate wirelessly, as they both are Polar Ready. The only machine that actually comes close in calories is the StairMaster rotating stairmill.... my love/hate machine! :)
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I too have a Polar FT4. Best thing I have ever bought!! It's a cute pink one too (;
  • georgia_ann40
    georgia_ann40 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I also have the FT60 and love it. I had the FT7 first, but returned it because the FT60 has a built in fitness test and training program. Look at Bodytronics.com for cheap prices.. and also entering the code POPO will save you an additional 5%.

Looking at the polar website it would appear that the FA20 tracks calories over a 24 hour period, I don't know how well it would track exercise however, since it doesn't come with the chest strap like FT40 to track heart rate.

Thank you for this information! I just bought the FT4... Just wanted a very basic HRM. Using this promo code, plus buying additional gel (not sure if I needed or not, but it was a special too)... total cost for both $61.63. Haven't found a better deal!
    Thanks again!!

ga
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    FT7...absoloutely great..