I come to MFP to pick up friends

Options

Replies

• Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    You guys have to stop talking about running. :grumble: It's driving me nuts not being able to right now.

:huh: Hurt? and Trouble is talking about running, I'm just contemplating starting to attempt to run :laugh: :tongue:
  • Kityngirl
    Options
    a quick good morning before hitting the shower!

Morning! :flowerforyou:
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    You guys have to stop talking about running. :grumble: It's driving me nuts not being able to right now.

:huh: Hurt? and Trouble is talking about running, I'm just contemplating starting to attempt to run :laugh: :tongue:
    Yes... something in my hamstring. Trying to rest for a week and see what happens. I was told if that doesn't do it then plan on shutting down for 4-6 weeks :noway: :grumble:
  • Kityngirl
    Options
    Yes... something in my hamstring. Trying to rest for a week and see what happens. I was told if that doesn't do it then plan on shutting down for 4-6 weeks :noway: :grumble:

Yikes! That isn't good. Hopefully the rest will help. :flowerforyou:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    You'll never hear me talk about running. I may be allergic to it. All exercise, really. :tongue:
  • chgudnitz
    Options

Yikes! That isn't good. Hopefully the rest will help. :flowerforyou:
    Thanks Kity :flowerforyou: :ohwell:
  • chgudnitz
    Options
    You'll never hear me talk about running. I may be allergic to it. All exercise, really. :tongue:
    But its one of those things most people are allergic to at first :laugh: Then they try it a few times and get addicted to it :huh:
  • Kityngirl
    Options
    But its one of those things most people are allergic to at first :laugh: Then they try it a few times and get addicted to it :huh:

I was part of the "i'll only run if chased by rabid dogs" camp but now I'm thinking about trying it....gym is too boring for cardio and there are a lot of great parks and trails around me....we'll see. :ohwell:
  • JStarnes
    Options

True...maybe its the motivation I'm allergic to... 'cause I feel great when I'm finished.
  • JStarnes
    Options

I was part of the "i'll only run if chased by rabid dogs" camp but now I'm thinking about trying it....gym is too boring for cardio and there are a lot of great parks and trails around me....we'll see. :ohwell:

I'm a regular at that camp. :ohwell:
  • Kityngirl
    Options

Maybe I've seen you there, I was a camp counselor for years...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • JStarnes
    Options

Maybe I've seen you there, I was a camp counselor for years...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I thought you looked familiar. :tongue:
  • RHarter0710
    Options
    I used to love to run... and miss it big time. I've been down for roughly 16 months with mutiple surgeries to repair my left achilles. I tore it, and mutliple ruptures and all that jazz. Got one more surgery coming up and praying that it works so I can get back into daily routines.
  • chgudnitz
    Options
    Ouch.
  • JStarnes
    Options
    I used to love to run... and miss it big time. I've been down for roughly 16 months with mutiple surgeries to repair my left achilles. I tore it, and mutliple ruptures and all that jazz. Got one more surgery coming up and praying that it works so I can get back into daily routines.

:ohwell: No bueno.
  • Kityngirl
    Options

I'm with Nitz on this one. OUCH. Good luck with the surgery! Hope it helps. :flowerforyou:
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options

I'm with Nitz on this one. OUCH. Good luck with the surgery! Hope it helps. :flowerforyou:

agreed.. good luck!
  • Kityngirl
    Options

I thought you looked familiar. :tongue:

I get that a lot. :tongue:
  • GreenEyedMonster
    Options

Just let me know when you're ready. I usually run at 1030 at the track mon, tues, then golf path on thurs.
  • Kityngirl
    Options
    Just let me know when you're ready. I usually run at 1030 at the track mon, tues, then golf path on thurs.

Well, give me time to build up my endurance and such...then there's plane tickets and everything....wait...you weren't talking to me were you?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: