Isn't annoying how people "judge" you based on your diet?

Options

Replies

• Megdmcda
    Megdmcda Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    i had a friend who wanted me to go eat chinese w her and she usually pays cuz i'm broke. anyway she told me if i was gonna count my calories she wasn't gonna pay because it would be a waste of money. that was shock to me coming from someone who barely eats a thing at all....i was hurt... and as of now she has not spoke to me in about 2 months and took me off her facebook friends list

She took you off? If anyone had the right it had to be you. You don't deserve friends like that!
    yeah what was even more mesed up was she left my husband on her list....so i took her off his
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    i had a friend who wanted me to go eat chinese w her and she usually pays cuz i'm broke. anyway she told me if i was gonna count my calories she wasn't gonna pay because it would be a waste of money. that was shock to me coming from someone who barely eats a thing at all....i was hurt... and as of now she has not spoke to me in about 2 months and took me off her facebook friends list

She took you off? If anyone had the right it had to be you. You don't deserve friends like that!
    yeah what was even more mesed up was she left my husband on her list....so i took her off his
    I hate facebook....so.much.
  • mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    that's why I don't talk about it with people, unless they're being positive and genuinely interested in what I'm doing.

I've heard of stories where people's friends/family stop talking to them or have a weird reaction to them losing weight. I think it's probably due to their insecurities.

whenever someone gives me a negative comment, I just tell them where to go ;) it's my body and I know what's best for it.
  • impossibianca
    Options

I hate facebook....so.much.

Me too...It should just shut down completely. It'll be easier to know who your REAL friends are! :-)
  • cmthorsness
    cmthorsness Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I find it annoying when people keep their diary's closed!!!
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    It is human beings not being able to properly judge portions and how much we are eating that got society into the problem it is in today. That and marketing and high volume sales. If restaurants put more food on your plate then they can charge more and it increases there sales and profits. Anyways, I digress. All we are trying to do is learn and educate ourselves on how to eat healthy and proper portioning so we can live longer better lives.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

Don't be hurt.. it sounds like she's threatened because you won't keep being the fat friend. Keep doing what you're doing! :smile:
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Those that are the closest to you are the ones that can hurt you the most... This is probably because you actually CARE what these people think and the impact they have on your life.
  • impossibianca
    Options
    Those that are the closest to you are the ones that can hurt you the most... This is probably because you actually CARE what these people think and the impact they have on your life.

This.Is.So.True.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    My husband is the same. "Don't you think you are going overboard? You don't see me weighing my food." Says the man who just ate the last of my sons cookies for school tomorrow. The same man who when we met weighed in a 80kg, and now hit 115kg. He's gained more than I've lost, I gained 25kg when I met him....

NO I AM NOT GOING OVERBOARD.... YOU ARE.....

I am on a mission to get healthy, not eat the crap we been eating for 16 years & lose some weight. I workout daily, even when he says "you going to do your gay *kitten* zumba again today?" yet loves the fact I can now fit into a size 14.

Forget what others say. You do it your way.... let them ruin their lives their way.
  • LFiestan
    LFiestan Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I understand you completely. AT first my dad said the only way for me to lose weight is if i dont eat and keep exercising :P i think he was just kidding but when he noticed im determined and am working hard on it, he became supportive afterall, the healthy stuff Im buying is good for him too :D
  • territhefrog
    territhefrog Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Got the same issue with my mother. I'm 42 and still can't get any support from her on anything. When I told her I lost 14 lbs....she just started talking about herself as if I didn't say anything. Gee Thanks Mom.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    People are dumb. I have a relative who complains bout how she's gained weight, but when she sees me logging my food at work(we work together) she says 'i'm not so fat that i need to count calories, that doesn't work, i'll just exercise'. Annoying!
  • mathgirl
    mathgirl Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Ok, i just read the first post, so its probably already mentioned, but he must have seen that you have lost 9 kg?
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    ask him to walk a mile in your shoes to understand what you are doing.

If he is up for it weigh him, take measurements, look up his BMI and BF%age to show him where he is, take him on a work out and eat a day of a diet.
  • mrkennethjay
    Options
    I posted this on my wall about a week back, i feel like it's relates to your situation perfectly.

"I don't care what you say, there's nothing cooler than being excited about your weight loss and nutrition and talking about it with someone who is equally motivated and interested. You can't talk to everyone about your weight loss; I feel like they are secretly judging, want you to fail or are afraid if you change they'll have to change. I told one of my close friend I changed my eating habits to drop a few pounds, he told me when he wants to loss weight he'll just crash diet, Aloud I laughed and said whatever works for you, (Inside I called him an idiot) It's people like that remind me of why I’m staying focused. The guys at work who come in eating chicken biscuits and laugh at my yogurt. I'm hell bent on dropping the weight and looking damn good. It's not even about the weight really; it's about the determination, the perseverance and the will to go to the threshold and beyond. Things that use to upset me don't faze me anymore because my fitness plan makes me more independent and strong. My pals on this site make me so happy. I'm so proud of ALL of you and your commitment, we're going to reach our goals and feel effing amazing. Keep up the good work ladies and gents. KENNY OUT! "

If you ever want a pal on this site who will motivate and support you 100 drop me an add. I'm 17lbs down and discouraging people like that only add fire to the flame! And we are on fire. Keep up the good work :)
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I'm hell bent on dropping the weight and looking damn good. It's not even about the weight really; it's about the determination, the perseverance and the will to go to the threshold and beyond.
    Yes, I love this. Find the threshold and push yourself past it. This attitude will carry you far :smile:
  • xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options

Now that is a bizarre over-reaction!
    yeah that what i thought to. but now i'm like if she gonna act like that than she was never really a true friend....so whatever loll

Maybe she just jealous of you success and probably is one of those friends that always want to look the best out of all their friends so they secretly try to feed u so you can go back to your old ways.
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    People's reactions when they see how serious you are about your diet??? Not worth your two cents!!

People's reactions when they see how much your dedication is paying off??? Priceless!!

impossible.jpg
  • peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I am amazed at how many unsupportive loved ones there are out there. It is not so important why they are unsupportive as how their lack of support effects you and your goals. With this said, you should renforce yourself with the things necessary to achieve your objectives. Their loss, your gain. Life can be a bitter pill sometimes particularly when it concerns people you love but you have to swallow it and move on. Don't waste your efforts on the whys...put them into what works best for you.