Ladies doing P90X?

Options
I haven't found many ladies doing P90X and wanted some friends to help keep me on track, and I'll be supportive of you as well. I'm working the lean schedule, just started last week. I also workout for about 20-30 each morning (c25k and RI30), and after a full day running around the office, occasionally have trouble getting off my keister in the evenings for an hour or so with Tony.

I'm loving P90X, by the way! If you're interested in the program, especially if you completed a program like Ripped in 30 and are hungry for more, please join me! You will NOT get bulky.

Replies

• trudefaith
    trudefaith Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have the program and am a little scared to start it
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I love P90X!!!! Just finished week 2 of X2 and OMG!!! I love Tony Horton...that's all I have to say :)
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    What's funny to me is all the men that have tried to steer me away from p90x and more toward mainly cardio, like Insanity, or stuff they THOUGHT was easier but isn't really, like Jillian Michaels. After struggling and even failing at Insanity, I finally followed my instincts and I'm so happy I did. This workout will, without doubt, get me to goal!

Gentlemen, take note. Women can kick *kitten* too!
  • Blakemore1229
    Options
    Hello me and a friend are doing it together. We just did day 6 tonight and i love the program as well, well other then the yoga but hopefully we will grow to like it. Add me if you would like Monday is our rest day and so excited to finish this program!!
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I love P90X!!!! Just finished week 2 of X2 and OMG!!! I love Tony Horton...that's all I have to say :)

Tony Horton is pretty funny, I like that he keeps the workouts entertaining. Obviously, I am not a woman, but I would encourage OP to do P90X- you are not going to bulk up on it. Just from the first month I have seen drastic change in my body and have been trying to get my wife to join in but, alas, she will not. Good luck with it!

Sidenote**- Saying this in a non-creepy way, but amnski, you should be on the next p90x videos he makes with the abs you have. Those things are killer! Great work!
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I have done a couple of rounds of P90X and love it. I am thinking about starting a another round in a week or so.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Options
    Obviously, I am not a woman

Off topic, but... just thought I'd point out that it is not obvious at first glance you are not a woman. If anything, the glowing blue gelatinous alien avatar is almost feminine. :wink:
    I would encourage OP to do P90X- you are not going to bulk up on it.

Done. See original post.
  • Austin1988
    Options
    [/quote]

Off topic, but... just thought I'd point out that it is not obvious at first glance you are not a woman. If anything, the glowing blue gelatinous alien avatar is almost feminine. :wink:

[/quote]

But...I thought it was manly and rugged. **kicks rocks**
  • Sarah_Wins
    Options

It's kinda cute... and I know how guys love to be "cute". Maybe your wife could take a manly, rugged pic of you!
  • Austin1988
    Options

It's kinda cute... and I know how guys love to be "cute". Maybe your wife could take a manly, rugged pic of you!

Not yet, but in 64 days...yes. I'll make sure I climb a mountain or something casual before said picture. no big deal or anything.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Options

Not yet, but in 64 days...yes. I'll make sure I climb a mountain or something casual before said picture. no big deal or anything.

Be sure and leave your shirt off, pull your pants down to your groin, oil up and flex your abs... accidentally, I mean.
  • lrivhod0508
    lrivhod0508 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am on day 14 and love it!
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Love it! p90x is the only thing that I have actually kept with for more thn 2 weeks and not got bored (im doing a hybrid, but its all the same)

I like the fact that he acts as if he needs breaks too, makes me feel better :) im like "hell yer, tony horton needs a break and i dont, kick-*kitten*!"
  • josephine0701
    josephine0701 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just started!! I like it! Hoping to see results soon!
  • 1LRoy
    1LRoy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I did 6 solid weeks of P90x last fall, 7 days per week, before life intervened and I stopped. In those 6 weeks I saw AMAZING results! I love p90x and actually tried to start it again a few weeks ago but realized I have lost too much muscle mass to dive right into it. Right now I'm doing 6 weeks of another program to get me ready to sart p90x again next month.

Can I just say that p90x spoiled me? I obviously need this other program first because after one session of Core Synergistics (which I couldn't even finish) I felt like a cripple, but I keep expecting to see p90x results on my body and I'm just not getting those kinds of results. I can't wait to get back to p90x!
  • amnski
    Options

Tony Horton is pretty funny, I like that he keeps the workouts entertaining. Obviously, I am not a woman, but I would encourage OP to do P90X- you are not going to bulk up on it. Just from the first month I have seen drastic change in my body and have been trying to get my wife to join in but, alas, she will not. Good luck with it!

Sidenote**- Saying this in a non-creepy way, but amnski, you should be on the next p90x videos he makes with the abs you have. Those things are killer! Great work!

I agree...Tony is hilarious (probably why he wanted to be a stand-up comedian at one point, lol) and it is motivating, especially in the new X2! And, thank you for the compliment...totally not creepy. I would be honored to just meet Tony let alone audition for a video, lol. I admit, I'm pretty stoked about the results and much less worried about my looks in a bathing suit! haha
  • amnski
    Options
    Love it! p90x is the only thing that I have actually kept with for more thn 2 weeks and not got bored (im doing a hybrid, but its all the same)

I like the fact that he acts as if he needs breaks too, makes me feel better :) im like "hell yer, tony horton needs a break and i dont, kick-*kitten*!"

I love that Tony adds breaks and encourages them. Maybe I'm too competitive, but I set my goals to beat the ladies in the videos hehe. If they can do it, so can I! Hubby says I'm crazy, I say it's motivating :happy:
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options

I love that Tony adds breaks and encourages them. Maybe I'm too competitive, but I set my goals to beat the ladies in the videos hehe. If they can do it, so can I! Hubby says I'm crazy, I say it's motivating :happy:

Amnski, my goal is to beat Dreya. I aim high!
  • kallisto208
    Options
    I'm about to start week 8 doing the lean version (although I've substituted the yoga for plyometrics) and as much as I love the program and have lost 12 lbs already and noticed a lot of changes I'm finding it hard to keep focused and on track. Especially since my knees are taking a pounding and seem to be constantly hurting. I don't have any support right now and think I need more of a kick in the *kitten* to keep me going...
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 7th week on P90x and was seeing good results and down 8 pounds (lean program) until I went on vacation last week and ate way too much dessert(every day) gained over 2 pounds back and now I need to get back on track. I like it though. Friend me if you want an X buddy! :)