Cottage Cheese Anyone?

Options

Replies

• megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Love it plain or on toasted whole grain bread with a slice of tomato that's been under the broiler.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    I think Dean's brand tastes the best by far. I like the lowfat variety. I just eat it with pepper, and sometimes a little salt.

Oh, and if you ever cook a pot roast, try cottage cheese as a side. For some reason it goes reallly well together.

definitly going to try it with the roast! never woulda thunk it! lol. sounds yummy!
  • Hellady
    Hellady Posts: 1
    Options
    Here is THE BEST WAY EVER.

Protein Pancakes!

1/8 cup rolled oats
    1/8 cup egg whites
    1/8 cup fat free cottage cheese
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    cinnamon

Spray a frying pan with non-stick cooking spray and spoon mixture onto pan. Cook until browned on both sides. Top with fresh berries and a drizzle of agave nectar; or lately I've been really into the President's choice Raspberry or Blackberry syrups!
    This recipe makes 3 small pancakes or 2 bigger ones, and with pancakes (212 calories), syrup (50 calories) comes out to 272 calories. You can halve the recipe above and it'll make you 2 small sized pancakes, and that comes out to 156 calories! Not bad for such a delicious, warm breakfast!
  • allisonrozsa
    allisonrozsa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cottage cheese! It's so very good! Even plain! There are some cottage cheese brands that make it with pineapple or other fruits. It's also good in smoothies. Or just eat a bowl of it plain. Yum. Don't be afraid of the nay-sayers.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,127 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese---
    * cottage cheese with black pepper
    * cottage cheese with pineapple chunks
    * cottage cheese with pineapple SALSA
    * cottage cheese with raw tomato chunks

I don't eat it everyday though. Only when the sodium content fits in my eating plan for the day
  • mattiol4
    mattiol4 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese with naturally sweetened canned peaches is delicious! :) Enjoy!
  • jctillman70
    Options
    Love cottage cheese. I eat it almost every morning for breakfast. Love is over a bed of sauteed spinach.

20211090.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mazie61
    mazie61 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Back in the '70's...protein plates were the craze. A grilled hamburger and a scoop of cottage cheese. I still enjoy that dish from time to time, but mostly these days I'll have it on a Finn crisp cracker with a green olive! delish!
  • hellokitty41489
    Options
    Oh my gosh love love love cottage cheese! My two favorite ways are with either cantaloupe or tomatoes but I eat it plain as well haha :)
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I eat mine with ground pepper on it... I like it with cantaloupe. My in-laws eat it with splenda, but I don't think it should be a sweet snack. I like it with fruit to balance the sweet. It's actually really good, but you have to like it first. My husband doesn't like it because of what his sister and mom would do to theirs before eating it. A good way to jump into cottage cheese is to try and find the ones that come with fruit too. They have peach, pineapple, and strawberry. I like the pineapple one the best, strawberry second.
  • mattack
    mattack Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    One word... PEPPER.
    Lots of it.
  • pfarley68
    pfarley68 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I mix it with Dole pineapple chunks or canned peaches.
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    i too love cottage cheese. i love it with fresh pineapple chunks, tomato, and even plain. sprinkle a litte fresh gound pepper on it and you will find it d e l i c i o u s. i like my cottage cheese a bit more dry and not so wet. you may have to purchase a few in order to find which one works for you.
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I don't mind it over a fruit salad, but my husband eats it with just a bit of pepper on it!
  • ksstei
    ksstei Posts: 13
    Options
    I can eat regular cottage cheese with no problem, but find I'm not liking the low-fat version, either. When I finish what I have in the house, it will be replaced in my diet with something more appealing.
  • BlackLabLover
    BlackLabLover Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I get the non-fat kind and I like to eat it as a 230 calorie snack with 13 Snyder's White Tortilla chips. I use the chips to scoop it up. It's best when the cottage cheese is really cold!
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I much prefer Friendship. I especially like the "whipped" variety - which has texture like ricotta but way more protein. Also friendship is lower in sodium than some brands, and they have a "no salt added" variety which I like as well and is VERY low in sodium.

I think Friendship is only available on the East coast of the USA. Lucerne has a no salt added variety which is available around here (Midwest). There are no doubt others.

I like the variety with chives.
  • lili37
    lili37 Posts: 6
    Options
    I love cottage cheese but the one thing i hate is when it gets really milky... o.o my mom loves it when it is like that but I don't like it. I love the curds. Not the milk. lol it is hard to explain

I don't like it milky either. I buy the large curd. I used to hate cottage cheese but for some reason now I love it. I only eat it plain or on those melba toast thingies. I love it because it keeps me full up until lunch just like oatmeal.
  • roadrunner32
    Options
    Usually I eat mine with baked sweet potato (halved) and some tuna with a dash of olive oil, fresh dill, lemon juice and few drops of Tabasco Habanero......Delicious!
  • christ4life63
    christ4life63 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love Cottage cheese, :happy: I could eat it by itself. I do eat it everyday with my salad. Lettuce, lowfat cottage cheese, and dressing and it is so good. Or even like a sandwish, just add 2 bread, wheat or white, and it's delicious. :tongue: )