Trick and Treat - how healthy eating is making us ill & fat

Options
1235»

Replies

• Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I just love how humans always think that those that don't adhere to their lifestyle or way of thought are morons.

Carry on.
    Actually, I think he's a moron because he is spreading misinformation. Which has nothing to do with what you're implying. Because not everything is a "lifestyle" or "way of thought". There's this thing called science, it's more about "facts".

I interpreted this as a general reaction to the fact that the same debate happens every single time anyone posts about carbs/grains/etc. Everyone believes that they have the research and evidence that proves their opinion is right. However, people do well on grains and obviously some people believe they do well without them. When people continually try to beat their opinions into other people, it just doesn't work.

I didn't see it as a comment about the original article, since earlier in the thread he said that he didn't agree with it.

If I'm wrong, I apologize. That's just the way I read it.
    No one else used the term 'moron' aside from me, so I assumed it was directed toward me.
    When people continually try to beat their opinions into other people, it just doesn't work.
    In most cases, you're right. This is an interesting read
    http://youarenotsosmart.com/2011/06/10/the-backfire-effect/
  • 000WhiteRose000
    000WhiteRose000 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Well I am always interested in learning and never think I have all the answers. Thanks guys.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I just love how humans always think that those that don't adhere to their lifestyle or way of thought are morons.

Carry on.
    Actually, I think he's a moron because he is spreading misinformation. Which has nothing to do with what you're implying. Because not everything is a "lifestyle" or "way of thought". There's this thing called science, it's more about "facts".

My response is in to this entire thread where people are using condescending terms towards each other and treating each other like morons for not following their own train of thought. It really isn't all about you.

My original reply was a neutral reply before things started getting "oh you're so stupid".
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options

Carry on.

My response is in to this entire thread where people are using condescending terms towards each other and treating each other like morons for not following their own train of thought. It really isn't all about you.

My original reply was a neutral reply before things started getting "oh you're so stupid".
    Okay, so the bottom line is no one called you a moron. I just read your original post. If you want to think diets are "a way of thought", that's great. I wish you luck with your current way of thought. But realize that some folks look at things from a scientific perspective, and you making vague blanket statements like "carbs make us fat and ill" will be received with criticism/negativity.
  • plaz58
    plaz58 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I agree that whatever works is the correct answer. I tend to agree with WhiteRose as to the carb/sugar combo - limiting these has worked for me. I have been on the Belly Fat Cure Diet (Jorge Cruise) since last August. The main theme is to limit (not eliminate) carbs and sugar to prevent the insulin spikes. I started reading labels and was amazed at how many items have a lot of sugar.

I am more full when I eat, don't feel like I deprive myself and this has morphed into a lifestyle change vs. diet. As a result, my body has drawn down and eliminated a lot of stored fat - especially around my stomach and back. I lost 35 lbs and went from a pant size 38 to 34. Even though I have not worked out routinely since August, my abs look great and body fat is the lowest it has ever been - a lot better then when I was working out every day doing the traditional calorie/fat diet and exercise routine.

Again, it won't work for everyone, but works for me! My wife even thinks I am "hot":)