How often does everyone weigh in?

Options
I have been weighing myself twice a week for a long time. Now that I'm starting to lose weight, finally, I fight the temptation to weigh every day.

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I put the scale up and try to weigh once a week at the same time. Otherwise, like you said, you will obsess over the weight loss/gain day to day. ;)
  • frootcat
    frootcat Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I hop on the scale every morning, but only record it here once a week. It seems as though my scale knows my weigh-in day and, being a particularly ill-tempered scale, always spikes upward on that day. I still record that number, but I know in my head that I'm trending more downward.
  • adrim24
    adrim24 Posts: 21
    Options
    every sunday right when i wake up !
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    This is going to sound crazy but twice a day. I like to weight myself in morning and at night. I dont want to lose too much weight to fast. I am trying to preserve as much muscle as I can.
  • downwithbottledwater
    Options
    On the 1st and 17th of the month. Only!
    Daily weigh-ins make so many people crazy.
  • lhughmeyer
    lhughmeyer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day with my food diary notes (I weigh myself each morning when I wake up before I eat anything - to be consistent). Seeing how I eat each day affects my weight the next day really makes a difference to me.
  • ginnyz1
    ginnyz1 Posts: 49
    Options
    I weigh once a week. I did weight watchers several years ago and for a while weighed every day and got a little obsessed. If i gained half a pound one day, I got crabby. Usually I would be down a pound or so or the same at my weekly meetings so I just eventually did it weekly and it was better for my emotional state. I also try to do it the same time and day every week, Saturday morning before breakfast, after the bathroom. Naked if possible.
  • goodcoffy
    goodcoffy Posts: 25
    Options
    for the summer I'm going to do a weigh-a-day challenge starting tomorrow.
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    Every morning, but I only log it on Monday's
  • TiffanyDeanee
    Options
    Only on Wednesdays, every 2 weeks.
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    My grandkids broke my scale a year ago. I'm just getting weighed by my doctor right now. I used to weigh myself everyday. Now I just make sure I run and that takes care of the weight.
  • Mc_Queen
    Mc_Queen Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to weigh less often. Just read this post which was really helpful to me:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/618322-for-all-begginers-why-the-scale-lies-read
  • Jeepers133
    Jeepers133 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Every Tuesday since October 2011!
  • paulinaciryt
    Options
    I weigh in every morning, but I don't take the number very seriously. The only number I take seriously is my weekly weigh-in.
  • Sharmender
    Sharmender Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Once a week, in the morning.
  • mtarika
    mtarika Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Every morning. It keeps me conscious on sticking to my plan for the rest of the day.
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Every 5 weeks, on Saturday mornings before I eat or drink anything :)

Now that I'm losing I'm tempted to weigh in more but I feel like it will make me obsess over every little pound instead of living life and focusing on being healthier, which is the whole point. Plus it's less about the number on the scale, more about inches, how your clothes fit & the way you look/feel.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ The scale can be your best tool ever or it can be your worst nightmare ! It depends on what you're looking to get out of it ...

I weigh in every morning ... I like to track my water weight and what different foods will do to my system. I don't " live " by it and the numbers mean nothing other than a " gauge " of my progress.

However ... if you think for one minute that the scale going up will deplete your enthusiasm ... only weigh in once a week, giving your body time to balance out the water gain vs the actual fat loss. The scale can play vicious mind games and cause people to give up on their quest. If you believe you are one of these people ... I'm telling you to step back from the scale and go about your day ...

The best indicator of your progress is how you feel ... no number will ever compare to that !

Hope you have a great day ! :flowerforyou:
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    Every morning and every night.

I always record a loss...no matter what day it is. I am conscious of what I eat and how much I exercise because of how often I weigh myself. I also know that a lower number before bed means drink more water. It keeps me on track. If it discourages you...don't do it. :)
  • ballerina454
    ballerina454 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I know it's a very bad habit but I do admit I weight twice a day, once at night and once in the morning. What I weight right before I go to bed will usually tell me if I am going to lose in the morning or not. I am trying to get back into the habbit of only weighing once a week, going to take some time to ease into it.