Lifting someone/being picked up

Options
13»

Replies

• LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I can have my boyfriend on my back, and literally run up a hill with him hanging on. He didn't believe me when I told him my bighorn sheep thighs could carry his butt up the hill while running. He should know better than to argue with me and my crazy thigh strength by now.

He's 6'2" about 180, and I'm 5'6" and around 145, so that's about an extra 35lbs and 8 inches he's got on me, and I don't have an issue with it. Of course, I wouldn't carry him up while holding him on the front, because that's just awkward. I guess if your boyfriend is into it, he could do it, though I can't imagine he's be able to do it for long, unless he's got some impressive shoulder muscles.
  • kr1ssy23
    kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else thinking about the Dirty Dancing scene? No? Just me huh?

Awe, I love that movie...one of my favs :)
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I can have my boyfriend on my back, and literally run up a hill with him hanging on. He didn't believe me when I told him my bighorn sheep thighs could carry his butt up the hill while running. He should know better than to argue with me and my crazy thigh strength by now.

He's 6'2" about 180, and I'm 5'6" and around 145, so that's about an extra 35lbs and 8 inches he's got on me, and I don't have an issue with it. Of course, I wouldn't carry him up while holding him on the front, because that's just awkward. I guess if your boyfriend is into it, he could do it, though I can't imagine he's be able to do it for long, unless he's got some impressive shoulder muscles.

hahha wow i know i could not pick him up i can barley pick up the dog
  • EmilyLStuart
    EmilyLStuart Posts: 172
    Options
    Girl you should not worry one bit. I am 5'6 154 and was recently picked up by a 6'0 195lb man ...and that was from a sitting position on the sofa (I still have no idea how he did that! lol). So stop worrying...just enjoy it!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else thinking about the Dirty Dancing scene? No? Just me huh?

Wow...you know that movie huh?

Yup, I can even quote parts too. Thats right.

That's a lot of manly confidence putting that out there like that....nobodies putting you in a corner...LOL
  • hopeandlove91
    hopeandlove91 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My husband was able to pick my up when I weighed 170...I really don't think you have anything to worry about!
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Don't fret about it Just enjoy his sweetness at saying "Next time I'll pick you up".
    What a sweetheart :)

If he tries to pick you up, it sounds like he should have no trouble. I get upset sometimes because I weigh more than my boyfriend, but he picks me up without a problem. It's easy to underestimate what people can lift, but don't worry about it and enjoy kissing this lovely guy :heart:
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I could lift you and I'm a 5'3 132lb girl lol.