What OTHER weight loss things did you notice?

Options

Replies

• Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    My legs have always been muscular but with the weight loss they are more lean and toned.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Much more energy, and the feeling that I'm not so stressed from work (thanks to the exercise). Buying new clothes, taking my new suits to the tailor. Of course looking a lot better naked...
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Great thread OP :drinker:

I've only dropped 22-ish lbs so far but I've noticed:

** I have less "padding" all over. For example I can't sit comfortably on a hard surface for too long because my butt bones aren't protected as much. Sleeping has become a little bit of a challenge - it's harder to get comfortable when my boyfriend has an arm or leg on me if its over a hip bone or whatever because it feels weird and I can't relax until I re-adjust.

* my boobs are shrinking and are much less firm than they used to be. :(:( again I notice it most when sleeping since I don't have a bra on - I have to readjust my boyfriends arms if they are on them because it feels too squishy and weird.

*tying my shoes is so much easier!! My gut used to push up my boobs and I felt like I was suffocating and now both are smaller and I can reach with no problem!

*lots of my clothes are too big which is sad but now I have other items that I felt self-conscious or uncomfortable in that I'm wearing!

* I think my feet are less fat (I don't know if that's possible)

I know there are more but thats all I got for now.
  • SunburNDA
    SunburNDA Posts: 23
    Options
    + Lower blood pressure.
    + Less aches and pains.
    + Better service at restaurants (seriously, waitresses are flirty and work harder to make sure that everything is alright at my table now).

-My hands are constantly FREEZING. It doesn't matter if it's 90 degrees outside, it seems like I always have to keep my hands in my pockets from getting frostbite or something.
  • soontobesam
    Options
    I enjoy hot weather sooo much more. Last year I hated it, this year I've been going running in it! X

Same here! I moved from NH to Georgia in March and thought I was going to be a hot sweaty mess all the time but I feel like I thrive in the heat.
  • soontobesam
    Options
    My belly button isn't as deep as it used to be! I used to call it the "abyss".

hahhaa. I always hated looked at myself from the side because the way my gut stuck out it looked like my belly button was a mouth - it's still not where I want it to be but definitely looks much better.
  • blondejester
    Options
    bras are feeling looser, my arms can comfortably fit into sleeves they couldn't before, my class ring is looser and strangly enough... there is this bone in my knee that i've never seen before?
  • DeniseBromley
    DeniseBromley Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    my eyelashes are thicker/fuller now
  • thatTOPSlady
    thatTOPSlady Posts: 199
    Options
    ....my belly button changing shape

....being able to wear regular pantyhose instead of just kneehighs

....getting into and out of the car is easier
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I can now do a fairly good impression of a tripod.
  • thatTOPSlady
    thatTOPSlady Posts: 199
    Options
    I love the booth thing
    there was a certain restuarant I used to go to that I was SO embarrassed (I was with a group) because I couldn't fit in the booth!
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    the good: I have more energy, my depression and anxiety meds are working better, I have been able to reduce my GERD meds. PLUS my husband says my butt is getting firmer (and he likes it!) my hair is growing faster ( its waist length!)

The bad: I have to shell out more money for clothes, underwear, and work uniforms.
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Have to get all of my rings resized. Feet and face are way thinner. Not being recognized is a hoot (LOL). Closet has a lot more room in it now that 3 different pant sizes have been removed..... :smile:
  • WiegandS
    WiegandS Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Granted I still have about 20-30 pounds to lose ( I'm 5'3.5 & 144lbs-down from 175). I feel that I'm bonier which makes me feel slimmer. I have a more pronounced facial structure, prominent collarbones and I can feel my hipbones. I know it sounds weird, but I'm so used to feeling "soft" that having my bones poke through makes my weight loss a little more real.
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    The good: I threw out my back last year, and ever since I started exercising it hurts far less. My heart murmur has quieted , I don't have as many palpitations. I feel better, happier, like I can do more. My skin is even better, believe it or not. My body just feels like it's running better.

The bad: All of my clothes don't fit. All of them. And, even though OP is a guy, and this might be TMI, -- my boobs got flatter! Hate that the most.. :( Also, my toe-nails got messed up from all the running, and I started getting more athlete's foot issues.
  • kodaks
    kodaks Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree about the booth sizes - now I don't have to feel silly asking for a table for that specific reason!
  • hawaii86442
    hawaii86442 Posts: 167
    Options
    --Much lower BP--a true health benefit!!!!
    -Last night I noticed that my face was thinner
    --Husband says legs look better
    --I can bend over and reach inside of the dryer

and I weigh less than I did a year ago--yeah!!!!
  • LivingstonIpresume
    Options
    I now fit into an mens xl t-shirt again
    The sleeves on my shirt aren't loose while the belly is tight anymore, I called it frog-gut syndrome(it's actually the other way around now!)
    I can do cardio and get tired but not out of breath or wheezy (quitting smoking after over 15 years, YES, 15 years at 26 didn't hurt)
    I have noticed a change in my vocal range, my low end is just slightly less strong but my high end has increased significantly (smoking?)
    I will have to get new summer shorts pretty soon, the ones I've got look like they are pleated from reigning them in with a belt
    my massive love handles are now just large, not a bad start in my opinion
    change in diet has increased my energy levels a great deal, I now get up at 3:15 am for exercise and don't stop until I get off of work at 2:30-4:30pm and still have energy for my family when I get home
    I don't find myself falling asleep every time I sit down.
    I feel a bit less awkward socially now.
  • IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I can run now!
    My feet fit better into shoes
    My period is lighter and has 90% less cramping (it used to be SOOO painful!!)
    My friends all tell me I can borrow their clothing
    I had to move the drivers seat up in the car so my feet reach the peddles
    My hair is less greasy and I don't have to wash it everyday (I used to be so envious of those who could wash their hair every other day!)
    Improved acne
    I feel nothing is out of my reach now :)
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I've noticed when I'm standing still I am totally still. Whereas before I would feel my calf muscles kicking in to balance me. Now I appear to have perfect balance.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!