CRUNCH Challege & Push Up Challenge!!!

2»

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Keeping this challenge in mind, I tried to do some push ups last night. Holy buckets my arms feel like rubber bands today. :ohwell:

I'll go with the crunches tonight. :tongue:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Ok, I just started Friday, so I'll be excited next Monday to have completed a full week. So far, so good. Sore. But I like it. I need to get a measuring tape and figure out how to do the measuring thing. It's been 3 weeks since I did measurements, and they were done by a friend. Have fun this week with those crunches and pushups! I'm up for lunges too. I already to three sets of 10 with each workout, so I'll bump mine up this week to three sets of 15. (gotta start slow :tongue: )

Go to the craft section of walmart and get a sewing tape measure; they're inexpensive, flexible and some are retractable. We are using our bellybutton as the landmark! Good luck & great job so far! :drinker:
  • tiangelah
    tiangelah Posts: 144
    everyone is joining in great. Today in aerobics class we did 250 crunches kick butt.
    Keep it up guys.
  • chimpoco
    chimpoco Posts: 193
    What a great idea!! I'm In.

Let me make sure I have it right--as many crunches and push ups as possible--then report waist measurments on mondays?

Push ups? yikes. I haven't done a push up in about 15 years. I might me able to do 2.
  • chimpoco
    chimpoco Posts: 193
    I just did my 100 crunches.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    How do you do a push up properly?? I cant even do one!! Not even an easy one!! Am I that pathetic!! I can't seem to keep my back straight... any suggestions?
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Carrie - dont feel pathetic! I was going to opt right out of the push up portion! But I'm doing it!

You can start by doing them against the kitchen counter, lining your hands up to be slighter wider than your shoulder blades, and get as far away from the counter as you can.

You can then graduate from the counter push ups to what people on the site have called "women's push ups"" (which could be construed as an offensive term) wherein your knees and legs below the knee remain on the floor), and then later you can do the completely flat backed full push up.

Hope that helps...
    :flowerforyou:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Yes thank you!
  • Well I have measured this morning! Before my breakfast so it shud b rather accurate, and my waist is at 30".
    However my tape measure just snapped on me, so i have to mend that before taking the rest!

I think this is an inprovement, and i only did crunches and the other lark, 4 times lst week! Bk on today though!

Has everyone else already measured in??

__x
  • AJCM
    I'm still 29"...
    :grumble:

(bad time of the month to measure though - fingers are crossed for next Monday!!!! 28.5???)
    :smile:
  • I'm sure you'll see it the inches drop off at the next measue

I didn't do any crunches last night as i was f****d after doing the sprint things banks suggested. It was an awesome work out tho and some how i can feel my abs aching, along with every other part lol.

Al
  • How do you do a push up properly?? I cant even do one!! Not even an easy one!! Am I that pathetic!! I can't seem to keep my back straight... any suggestions?

Another thing, and this is for everyone hu cant manage the full press up.

Bit on the edge of a wooden chair, using you arms, lower you self off the chair (walk your way off, dnt try to lift off lol), and you shud now be in a postition to bend your arms, and lower ur bum to the floor and push bk up. Dont go lower than 90 ° as this can damage your shoulders. Make sure your feet, well yor heels are on the floor, pointing your toes up to the ceiling.

Hope you get the jist

_-x
  • How do you do a push up properly?? I cant even do one!! Not even an easy one!! Am I that pathetic!! I can't seem to keep my back straight... any suggestions?

Another thing, and this is for everyone hu cant manage the full press up.

sit on the edge of a wooden chair, or your bed, using you arms, lower you self off the chair (walk your way off, dnt try to lift off lol), and you shud now be in a postition to bend your arms, and lower ur bum to the floor and push bk up. Dont go lower than 90 ° as this can damage your shoulders. Make sure your feet, well your heels are on the floor, pointing your toes up to the ceiling.

Hope you get the jist

_-x
  • kimmerlyjo
    kimmerlyjo Posts: 134 Member
    Hey everyone! It sounds like quiet a few people are having a lot of luck with this so i'd like to join in. I'll give my initial measurements on Monday and start from there. A great idea that a few of the people here in my shop have started is every hour on the hour we all collectively stop what were doing and all drop and do anywhere from 15 to 50 pushups... all depending on what you are able to do.

If you want to get a little fun group thing going at your work (if your bosses are up for it) is a thing we call "run the deck!" What you do is get a deck of cards (keep the jokers) and everyone draws 4 cards. You then add up the totals of those cards and that's how many push ups you do. Repeat and do it the same from crunches or sit-ups. card values are as follows...
    2-10: face value
    Jacks: 11
    Queens: 12
    Kings: 13
    Aces: 14
    Jokers: 25

Ah how I hate those jokers! But like I said it makes it a little more fun!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    I guess I can join when my back gets better. When you start a new thread can you explain the challenge?
  • I'm in, but I am kind of OCD about starting things on the first day of the week so I will start Monday. I will take my measurements and post then. Thanks for the great challenge. Did you say someone is up to 1000 a day????? Sounds painfull as hell - LOL
  • AJCM
    Monday Morning! Should we check in on a new thread?
  • Phatmomma
    Phatmomma Posts: 204 Member
    bump