Your thoughts on....

Options

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    The consenting age is 16 over here,
    Ive yet to meet a girl who did not loose her virginity at 15

Seriously? Um, hi! Now you have :smile: Or am I too old to count?

On the original topic, what they said. It's wrong and needs to be stopped. However, I'm not sure that will be easy to do.
  • fraser112
    fraser112 Posts: 405
    Options

On the original topic, what they said. It's wrong and needs to be stopped. However, I'm not sure that will be easy to do.

Why exactly is it wrong if its making the girl happy? If she is emotionally mature enough then its fine.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    For the record, my h is 12 years older than I am. We met when i was 19, married when I was 20. So I'm not opposed to big age gaps in a relationship. However, a 15-yr-old is not usually developmentally mature enough to see a situation like that clearly. It's also illegal. That, right there, means full stop. If they still want to be together in 3 years, go for it! Shell also be able to drive, vote, and join the military by then.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Instead of calling the police maybe you should see if the guy even knows how old she is. I would at least tell her that you are going to tell her parents or police first so at least she would have the opportunity to end things on her own instead of ruining two peoples lives. It is what a real friend would do.

Ruining TWO people's lives???? How is that? 15 year old - still a child/ 27 year old - adult. How do you know if you warn them that he won't just move on to another child and do the same thing??? Really???
  • fraser112
    Options
    For the record, my h is 12 years older than I am. We met when i was 19, married when I was 20. So I'm not opposed to big age gaps in a relationship. However, a 15-yr-old is not usually developmentally mature enough to see a situation like that clearly. It's also illegal. That, right there, means full stop. If they still want to be together in 3 years, go for it! Shell also be able to drive, vote, and join the military by then.

say you met at 15 and fell in love with him, Do you really think you could resist him for 3 years? do you really think he would wait 3 years before you slept together?

Who knows you might of been the exception here, but if not how would you feel knowing your husband would be a registerd sex offender?

Thats why im saying talk to the girl here, find out how old she is emotionally,
    If they seem like they belong together just forget about it,
    if not warn the parents. Simple
  • fraser112
    Options
    Instead of calling the police maybe you should see if the guy even knows how old she is. I would at least tell her that you are going to tell her parents or police first so at least she would have the opportunity to end things on her own instead of ruining two peoples lives. It is what a real friend would do.

Ruining TWO people's lives???? How is that? 15 year old - still a child/ 27 year old - adult. How do you know if you warn them that he won't just move on to another child and do the same thing??? Really???

Yeah thats why im saying find out how she feels.
    You can marry here at 16.
  • boldtsmith
    boldtsmith Posts: 120 Member
    Options

Why exactly is it wrong if its making the girl happy? If she is emotionally mature enough then its fine.

Anyone willing to commit statutory rape rather than waiting until their "emotionally mature enough" partner is "actually" old enough, is by definition a danger. Any person willing to allow their partner to commit a felony rather than waiting to be old enough, is by definition not emotionally mature enough.
  • beachlover317
    Options

say you met at 15 and fell in love with him, Do you really think you could resist him for 3 years? do you really think he would wait 3 years before you slept together?

Who knows you might of been the exception here, but if not how would you feel knowing your husband would be a registerd sex offender?

Thats why im saying talk to the girl here, find out how old she is emotionally,
    If they seem like they belong together just forget about it,
    if not warn the parents. Simple

Even if you give the 27 year old the benefit of the doubt and factor in a very mature 15 year old - it's still against the law. He will have to register as a sex offender, for in fact, that is what he is. All this is moot if we are not talking about the US obviously.
  • beachlover317
    Options

Anyone willing to commit statutory rape rather than waiting until their "emotionally mature enough" partner is "actually" old enough, is by definition a danger. Any person willing to allow their partner to commit a felony rather than waiting to be old enough, is by definition not emotionally mature enough.

This - in spades.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options

Yeah thats why im saying find out how she feels.
    You can marry here at 16.

If these people live in the U.S., the law says it's illegal. In any case of underage sex, there can be prosecution. Regardless of how old emotionally the child is.
  • fraser112
    Options

How can you make a decision based on a inconsistant number?
    america 18, uk 16, japan 12 to 14.

The only thing that should matter is the persons emotional age

over here they would not even bother with a 15 year old sleeping with someone, the success rate of cases is so low,
  • _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    He needs to be in jail and she need to be locked in her bedroom, with bars on the windows!!!!!!
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Her parents should be charged with child endangerment.

But you don't even know what the parents know, if anything. She might be sneaking off with this guy when they think she's at soccer practice.

I thought about my post later and I agree with you on this. I guess I was assuming that the parents knew because OP said she was dating and having sex with the pervert. When I think of dating, I think of the guy picking her up from her house. I could have been wrong on that.
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    Also, his parents don't care. Her dad hardly cares that she smokes and does drugs. And I've been getting things together with my mom to call the police soon.

don't wait, do the right thing right away
  • boldtsmith
    boldtsmith Posts: 120 Member
    Options

How can you make a decision based on a inconsistant number?
    america 18, uk 16, japan 12 to 14.

The only thing that should matter is the persons emotional age

over here they would not even bother with a 15 year old sleeping with someone, the success rate of cases is so low,

Please read more carefully as I made no mention of a number. One of these people is committing a crime and the other is allowing it. Argue about whether or not it should be a crime, fine. But a 15 year old who is already demonstrating that she is perfectly willing to break a law that could affect her partner for life is in no position to make such decisions.
  • Tristis
    Tristis Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    He is a predator! Call cops now! He could be doing this to other girls...he could be giving your friend a disease.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    A 15 year old girl, dating and having sex with a 27 year old man.

No, this isn't me. It's my "best friend" whom I've known for 12 years now.

I think it's disgusting. He should be in jail, and she should be sent off to military school. She's no where near as mature as he is, and I personally think he's just using her to get what he wants.
    If you believe he should be in jail, then he's not much more than an anonymous tip from actually being there. I'm assuming you're in the states, but I'm pretty sure that would be illegal just about anywhere. I would wager that the police would be more than happy to hook him up, but if you're asking this here, then maybe you're waiting for deus ex machina to present you with some solution that alows everyone to live happily ever after or maybe something else, since your story is now carved in cyber-stone on the internet and searchable by google. It is an odd way to introduce yourself on a fitness site, surely. Good luck with your fitness goals and with your moral-legal quandary.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    NOT reporting statutory rape is also a crime in most states. You need to call and report it immediately.
  • AlabasterJar68
    Options
    Over the years there has been many cases where a person's age was a factor. In the US most are aware of the statutory laws but did not comply due to they actually felt as though there was an intimate or an emotional love affair. As I read the various comments here, my mind came to Mary Kay LeTerneau(sp) and how she did time for sleeping with her 6th grade male student and also conceived a child with him. He is now of age and they are married from the last I seen on a documentary segment not long ago. Then I have seen in other countries and also here in the US(my hometown even)where minors are forced to have sexual relations with adults for money. I realize the OP is not referring to "human trafficking" but whenever I think about a person under the age of 18, whether male or female in a consenting relationship, I can't wrap my head around it. These are just my thoughts and I thought I would add mine to the board.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    NOT reporting statutory rape is also a crime in most states. You need to call and report it immediately.

This.

If you know about it, but say nothing, you're still a bystander in the eyes of American law. Assuming you're in America, because of the focus on age and how riled everyone is, you should call the cops. True, other countries tend to have lower AOC's...but if you're American, that's all pointless because the guy is now considered a pedophile.

The end.