Which Celebrity Would You Give Your Xtra Weight To?

Options

Replies

• MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I clicked on the thread because I thought it was a hilarious topic. Then I saw all the drama and thought WTF?? I got that the OP was just having a little fun, and it didn't occur to me from the OP that her intention was to attack skinny people. What entered my mind is what annoying celeb I would have selected back when I was at my heavy weight.

People really need to lighten up!
  • Mochamom30
    Mochamom30 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Angelina jolie
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Nicki Minaj
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    Justin Beiber

Hahaha I'd love to see what the fans think of him then!
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    J Lo can have all of my fat. She drives me nutty.
  • GiaFox
    GiaFox Posts: 48
    Options
    Angelina Jolie, she needs some!! :D

Angelina Jolie is still very good-looking. Being that thin fits her.
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I want to give mine to someone who is known for being shockingly thin, like Calista Flockhart or the Olsen twins.

My initial thought was Calista Flockhart, too! Weird.
  • GiaFox
    Options
    I clicked on the thread because I thought it was a hilarious topic. Then I saw all the drama and thought WTF?? I got that the OP was just having a little fun, and it didn't occur to me from the OP that her intention was to attack skinny people. What entered my mind is what annoying celeb I would have selected back when I was at my heavy weight.

It is quite obvious that this thread implies disrespect to thin people. But then I chose to overlook it, as I freaked out on some other threads enough for today.
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Kiera Knightly she too skinny!
  • MFPAddict
    Options

It is quite obvious that this thread implies disrespect to thin people. But then I chose to overlook it, as I freaked out on some other threads enough for today.

Some of the responses to the thread do more than imply disrespect to thin people, but there is nothing in the OP implying anything about thin people.
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Angelina Jolie...because everyone says I look like her. So, she deserves it. For other reasons, too.

Edit: Although this picture doesn't really illustrate it.
  • leserpent
    leserpent Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If you find someone too thin, they "need" to gain MUSCLE not FAT, as some of you are implying. Educate yourself, jeez.

In any case, voicing your opinions about someone's weight is very low class. Keep it to yourself. It's none of your business.
  • tiffygrl12
    tiffygrl12 Posts: 40
    Options
    Justin Beiber

lol me too
  • GiaFox
    Options
    Kiera Knightly. Love her but she could use a little more weight.

What's your problem with her? She is gorgeous and perfect the way she is. She has a ballerina body, and it makes her look very classy and elegant. If she gained weight, she'd lose that swan-like charm.
  • GiaFox
    Options
    OF COURSE THOSE WOMEN ARE MAD!!! You are maliciously attacking ther idols! The Olson twins, Lindsey Lohan.... They're the picture of self deprivation! (unless we're talking about coke and Adderall) They are goddess among women! How dare you even joke about something (completely unrealistic) like giving your fat to them! (I hope this goes without saying... but read with HEAVY sarcasm).

Honey, you're missing the point. They aren't defending THEIR IDOLS. They are pissed about the fact that you girls allow yourselves to joke at thin people's expense, be they celebrities or not. If they made a similar thread, but the other way round, it would get locked immediately, and all of you plump ladies would jump up in arms outraged about it. So, you are a bit too judgemental and a bit too sarcastic!
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I AM THE OP. I want to squash this beef between the fatties and the skinnies.

When I originally posted this, I wasn't intending this to be a "THIN-BASHING" thread, as all the thinner women on this thread have assumed it to be. I'm not here to say anyone should be one size or another. It was in fact meant to bash ANNOYING, OBNOXIOUS celebrities-- Kim Kardashian for example (who is insanely gorgeous and incidentally NOT THIN!). Someone else posted Oprah- they GET IT! Some celebrities are just IRRITATING HUMAN BEINGS- and they've chosen to be in the spotlight, so their character flaws are open to ridicule. It comes with the territory. Trust me, with all their Bazillions of $$'s in the bank I have an EXTREMELY HARD TIME believing they give one care in the world what people are posting about them on a message board. Don't delude yourself into thinking they do. Sitting and defending celebs and comparing it to attacking fellow MFP members is just absurd.

I had no intention of saying that skinny celebs should gain more weight. You all have a chip on your shoulder and turned this into SOMETHING ABOUT YOU! Sorry to tell you IT"S NOT ABOUT YOU! And to say it lacks class? Clearly the joke of this post was entirely lost on people that have their panties on way too tightly.

This is why your awesome!!
  • GiaFox
    Options

Some of the responses to the thread do more than imply disrespect to thin people, but there is nothing in the OP implying anything about thin people.

It doesn't have to imply anything directly. Obviously, the allusion is there. Come on, don't tell me you don't see it. Otherwise, all these other ladies wouldn't have jumped up scandalized like that. Nonetheless, it did not bother me THAT much. But I can see why it bothered the other ladies. It's okay though, I am considering to make a similar thread, but the other way round. I'm curious to see what the reactions are going to be. lol
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I am shocked that the drama on this thread has become so serious that someone called someone else a huge *kitten*.... ROTFL. Everyone needs to take a deep breath, relax, and maybe have a cup of tea. Tempers are running too hot tonight! :smile:

OP, this is a swell thread, and I am sorry that it got hijacked.
  • MFPAddict
    Options

It doesn't have to imply anything directly. Obviously, the allusion is there. Come on, don't tell me you don't see it. Otherwise, all these other ladies wouldn't have jumped up scandalized like that. Nonetheless, it did not bother me THAT much. But I can see why it bothered the other ladies. It's okay though, I am considering to make a similar thread, but the other way round. I'm curious to see what the reactions are going to be. lol

I read the post over again and it had an anti-celebrity vibe, not an anti THIN celebrity vibe. It is not the OP's fault that responses that followed were of that nature.
  • MFPAddict
    Options
    I am shocked that the drama on this thread has become so serious that someone called someone else a huge *kitten*.... ROTFL. Everyone needs to take a deep breath, relax, and maybe have a cup of tea. Tempers are running too hot tonight! :smile:

OP, this is a swell thread, and I am sorry that it got hijacked.

I agree
This discussion has been closed.