"10 Pounds At A Time Challenge"

Options

Replies

• hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    Good morning!

I'm struggling a little this week... it's that lovely cranky :angry: and tired :yawn: time of the month for me, so I'm having to avoid the pantry more than usual and forcing myself to workout. I might not have another stellar week, but I'll be happy to not gain. I should be much better in a few days though. :glasses:
    u cannnnn do it!!!!!!........im in the same boat as u lol......but the last few months i found the more fruits and veggies i eat along with the more water i drink ....I get less cramps less bloating and for some reason the period time is cut in almost half!!!....YOU CANNNNNNNN FIGHT THE URGE!! (Even if u havvvve to kill someone along the way)....although I wouldnt advise it lol...I dont think jail can be much fun :ohwell: :laugh:
  • MindOverMatter
    MindOverMatter Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday, only 10 more days for our first weigh in :flowerforyou:

I started working out on the Wii Fit last night. I forgot how much fun I had playing it and what a workout it can be. I started on it after the kids went to bed, it's easier because I always give in when they want to try. I was only going to do it for 30 minutes, well ended up working on it for 1:40. Woo hoo, had fun and worked out. :wink:

Hope everyone has a great day. :drinker:
    Thats awesome!! haha its great when u can workout and have fun while losing track of the time... that atleast means youre enjoyin yourself ^5's!!!

question about the weigh in....were we sposed to lose 10lbs this month?? :ohwell: i started midway through the month with this group so if i lose 5 is that ok? lmao :laugh: :laugh:

Because we started in the middle of the month we set the 1st goal for 5 lbs! :happy:
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    Happy Wednesday, only 10 more days for our first weigh in :flowerforyou:

I started working out on the Wii Fit last night. I forgot how much fun I had playing it and what a workout it can be. I started on it after the kids went to bed, it's easier because I always give in when they want to try. I was only going to do it for 30 minutes, well ended up working on it for 1:40. Woo hoo, had fun and worked out. :wink:

Hope everyone has a great day. :drinker:
    Thats awesome!! haha its great when u can workout and have fun while losing track of the time... that atleast means youre enjoyin yourself ^5's!!!

question about the weigh in....were we sposed to lose 10lbs this month?? :ohwell: i started midway through the month with this group so if i lose 5 is that ok? lmao :laugh: :laugh:

Because we started in the middle of the month we set the 1st goal for 5 lbs! :happy:
    oooooooo so i didnt start late !! yay........:bigsmile: .....Im only 1 lbs away from 5 pounds lost wooooohoooooooooo
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

After Biggest Loser last night, my sister joined me in doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred, Level 1. I burned 294 calories, which isn't great, but better than nothing and I can feel it in my abs today. I also had calories left over last night!!

This morning, I had MFP recalculate my goal calories to see if I can start getting more pounds out of the way faster. This means today is the first day of eating 300 fewer calories in a day...scary, but I know I can do it by simply cutting out the sodas I normally drink in a day. Should be easy, right? Let's hope so!

Silvertears: I'm in the same boat with you this week, but we'll keep the weight loss at bay and next week will be an awesome weigh-in!

Good luck and happy exercising,
    Heather
  • MindOverMatter
    MindOverMatter Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hello People!!

I am having a BLAH kinda day...How are you??
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Hello People!!

I am having a BLAH kinda day...How are you??
    sorry your having a BLAH day .... things will get better ..... as for me i am terrrrrrrrific since my scale was so kind to me this morning ... out of the 200's WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO
  • SelkieGhost
    SelkieGhost Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the below 200 mark!!! :-)
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    Congrats on the below 200 mark!!! :-)
    thank you:bigsmile:
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    i actually went for a walk tonight.......the first time in over a month and a half maybe 2 months :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • haley4tn
    haley4tn Posts: 130
    Options
    sorry your having a BLAH day .... things will get better ..... as for me i am terrrrrrrrific since my scale was so kind to me this morning ... out of the 200's WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO
    [/quote]

Congrats!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • silvertears
    silvertears Posts: 106 Member
    Options

That is AWESOME!!! :bigsmile:

I think I'm over my crankiness, but I am battling a cold, so I'm still kind of tired. I have a very full evening planned and may or may not get to work out. I have no idea when I could fit it in, but I need to try.

I'm on day 34 of Power 90 and I am bored to death with it. Part of me really wants to stick out the 90 days, but it's the same thing over and over and over. No variety. It doesn't even change when you go up to the Level 3-4 DVD... same workout, just more of it. I don't want to burn myself out, so maybe I'll have to switch to another video for a while. I promised myself I'd commit to 90 days but if it's making me not even want to work out, I guess it's worth breaking that promise to myself as long as I'm still working out. Right?
  • SelkieGhost
    SelkieGhost Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Boredom with a routine is usually the final nail in the coffin for the many times I've started up a routine, only to stop (I'm determined to avoid hitting the point I'm so bored I'd rather do nothing, this time around though!)...
    Like you said - if you're getting bored, why not swap up a bit, find something else to do - better to expand the dvd selections or other activities engaged in, then to stop altogether, right? :-)
    I'm pretty impressed you've stuck it out this long (I'm notorious for stopping workout routines if it's on DVD... don't think I've ever gone more than a few weeks at a time with one routine flavor before switching to something else or stopping altogether).
  • haley4tn
    Options
    One more day till weekend, :love:

Feeling pretty good for the most part. Kids begged me to make those YUMMY meatballs, those things are going to be the death of me. My boys were popping them in like popcorn, I finally had to put them in the freezer. Out of sight out of mind! Off to the treadmill for 30 minutes.

I also think I am obsessed with the Tennis on the Wii, I played last night after the kids went to bed at 8:30 and played till 10:15, whoa. Proud to say that I am ranked as a Pro now, :laugh:. I have tennis arm this morning.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and 10 more until weigh in :flowerforyou: .
    We can do this!
  • Ssirclesgirl
    Ssirclesgirl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Well back to work today. Kids all had the flu. yucky. I ate pretty good while I was off work.
    I am not weighing myself til my TOM is over though

haley4tn: You like the Wii huh? I was thinking of getting it for Christmas for my boys of course so I could use it too, so many people say its a good workout and good family activity.
  • haley4tn
    Options
    Well back to work today. Kids all had the flu. yucky. I ate pretty good while I was off work.

haley4tn: You like the Wii huh? I was thinking of getting it for Christmas for my boys of course so I could use it too, so many people say its a good workout and good family activity.

We all love it, my youngest LOVES boardgames and we don't always have the time to play, there is a Wii game with boardgames. My hubby like the bowling and the oldest has a hunting game. I bought the Wii Fit, comes with a balance board that you can also use for a Ski game. You play games and work out, what can be better. Be cautious I have had to scoot the coffee table close to the TV, keeps that from getting close, lol. But overall I think it's great, it's more action than the other play systems and the results are from your movement, not button pushing.
    Glad the kids are feeling better!
  • silvertears
    silvertears Posts: 106 Member
    Options

My coworker uses Wii Fit for her workout and has lost a pound a week for the past 4 weeks - so it does work pretty well for that purpose =)
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Good morning!

I LOVE boxing on the Wii, but am not home enough to do it. Now that we're heading into winter, I might have more time. I've been tempted to buy WiiFit and the Jillian game to go with it, but it seems like a lot of money for a game....

Yesterday went well with the new calorie calculation and I was down the two lbs. that I gained from TOM, so that's a plus. Hopefully this means when the week is over, the scale might be down even further (fingers crossed!) I'm going to get passed this plateau!!

This weekend I'm moving my horse to a boarding stable with an indoor arena, so I'm hoping to add in lots of riding time for workouts this winter. My horse is a bit chubby and needs the exercise, too!

Have a great day and happy exercising!
    Heather
  • kalibsmom
    kalibsmom Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am new to the board, I used to use mfp then I started slacking...now I am serious again I have lost 53 lbs and would like to lose about 30 more. So I would love to join your challenge

SW:239lbs
    CW:185

Nov1st Goal:180
    Dec1st Goal: 170
    Jan1st Goal:160
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    I am new to the board, I used to use mfp then I started slacking...now I am serious again I have lost 53 lbs and would like to lose about 30 more. So I would love to join your challenge

SW:239lbs
    CW:185

Nov1st Goal:180
    Dec1st Goal: 170
    Jan1st Goal:160
    welcome aboard ... and congrats on the 53 pounds thats awesome... keep up the greeeeeeat work:flowerforyou:
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Welcome to the challenge and congrats on your successes so far! How did you do it? Sounds like you might be able to give all of us a few pointers.