What song makes you cry?

Replies

• TheDudette
    TheDudette Posts: 174
    Stevie Nicks singing Landslide

For some reason if anyone else sings it I don't get emotional.

Also there is a band called Old Crow Medicine Show and they sing a song called We're All In This Together. I don't know how many people have actually heard it, but it is AMAZING and always makes me cry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TXNSipWUiE
  • lelstar
    lelstar Posts: 374 Member
    Have I told you lately. Reminds me of my friends funeral, she was 17
  • microMXL
    microMXL Posts: 51
    Santo & Jhonny - Sleepwalk
    Don't know why
  • TheDudette
    TheDudette Posts: 174
    Hurt- Johnny Cash

Oh, that one gets me too.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    "Just Fishin'" by Trace Adkins

When I was a kid my dad would take me fishing all the time, it was our special thing. He always let me catch more fish than him and we'd take em home and my mom would cook them for dinner. Those fishing days were probably the best memories I have of my childhood.

My dad passed away in November 2010 due to a massive stroke that was the culmination of his battle with AIDS. That song just moves me to tears every time I hear it because I think about all those happy days fishing with my dad, long before he got sick and before life got complicated.
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    I Loved Her First by Heartland. It's my Dad's song to me.

And " Butterfly Kisses" by Bob Carlisle

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    There's a bunch... but one I can think of off the top of my head is "stealing cinderella" and "laughed until we cried"
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Whiskey Lullaby...so sad!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    hurt-christina aguilera
    have you really ever loved a woman-bryan adams
    whos loving you-jackson 5

they dont really make me cry anymore, but they are beautiful songs
  • erintheinspiration
    erintheinspiration Posts: 229 Member
    Concrete Angel- Martina McBride
    I can't even hear the opening music w/out tearing up. The story is heartbreaking.

Temporary Home- Carrie Underwood
    The last verse kills me... Makes me think of my grandpa who passed away a couple of years.

Ugh... I could sit here at my desk and boohoo just thinking about these songs, LOL!
  • sandidcauchon
    sandidcauchon Posts: 5 Member
    "I hope you dance" "without you" and definitely "every breath you take" by Puffy

They make me think of my husband who passed :(
  • newerme15
    newerme15 Posts: 128 Member
    My Immortal by Evanescence.
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Adagio for Strings by Samuel Barber.....one of the most stirring strings pieces to date!
  • MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Always Be Your Baby by Natalie Grant...It's the song my dad and I danced to at my Wedding...It describes my dad and I to a tee...I'm a total daddy's girl!! I listened to it about 300 times before my wedding trying to get the crying out of my system - didn't work I still cried...As soon as I hear it I water up!..#LoveMyDaddy :flowerforyou:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ58dTCNw3I
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    whiskey lullaby
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    JCam mentioned Landslide by Fleetwood Mac- that's a good one!

Also, after I had my first son and heard Rod Stewart's Forever Young- I bawled like a baby.
  • Also there is a band called Old Crow Medicine Show and they sing a song called We're All In This Together. I don't know how many people have actually heard it, but it is AMAZING and always makes me cry.

Well, my original choice was Last Kiss by Pearl Jam. My best friend was in a car accident a couple of years ago and killed. We went out on a "date" a week before he died - for Valentine's day. We danced to OCMS's Wagon Wheel. So I guess OCMS can be added to the list too lol. I completely forgot about them.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    America's national anthem for some reason. Like every time I hear it before a game I'm choking up.

^^^
    I like this one. I have cried before singing this. Especially having been in the military and honoring those who have served.

^^^This, and watching and or participating in Military Parades....since I was a Soldier too..Great Country..
    definately this!
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Love of my life -by Michael W. Smith ..it was my wedding song !
    The Christmas Shoes- by Newsong
    and Daddy's little girl- by Al Martino
  • SandraD89
    SandraD89 Posts: 809
    Mine is I don't like love by Xiah Junsu