Going to Texas in September

Options

Replies

• CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Do I need to save up for a cowboy hat? boots?

Every man needs a cowboy hat. <3

Does it have to be a Stetson? or are they not cool anymore? Or does the brand not matter?

Humm, Im just a sucker for a man that can pull off a cowboy hat. Brand doesnt matter, but some men wear the oddest looking ones..
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    OMG i forgot the biggest piece of advice be very wary of soldiers that are dads,I hear one may lurk in the Dallas area:laugh:
    That's right!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    You'll need yer chewing tobacco, too!
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options

I agree.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I need one of these too right?

CR-bolo-spur-1.jpg
  • jayayach
    jayayach Posts: 178 Member
    Options

Does it have to be a Stetson? or are they not cool anymore? Or does the brand not matter?

For the sake of my sanity, please do not wear a felt hat in September. You will look like a fool and sweat your head off the entire time. Straw when it's hot! or don't wear one at all.
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    OMG i forgot the biggest piece of advice be very wary of soldiers that are dads,I hear one may lurk in the Dallas area:laugh:

I don't get it. :embarassed:
  • Jacwhite22
    Options

For the sake of my sanity, please do not wear a felt hat in September. You will look like a fool and sweat your head off the entire time. Straw when it's hot! or don't wear one at all.

I don't know that I would even wear it there. I was more thinking about getting one from there to be able to wear here.
  • Slynderize
    Slynderize Posts: 25
    Options
    Don't revoke my Republic of Texas membership card, but I can't remember the last time I wore boots OR cowboy hat! Doh! And yea it'll be hot, we wear a little as legally possible.
  • shelbynicole32
    shelbynicole32 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Bring a swimsuit.
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    McKinney is pretty civilized. You might be okay without the snake bite kit. ;)

Don't want to take any chances.......What if there's a rattler holed up in the wagon we take there from the airport?

Well, you skin it and eat it, of course.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

I'm from the area and I don't get it either, don't worry! :smile:
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options

I'm from the area and I don't get it either, don't worry! :smile:

haha its a long story some people will get it.
  • steflbrown
    steflbrown Posts: 168
    Options
    I"m going to Texas too... but in July. Heard to bring shorts, tank tops, and sunblock. It's going to be HOOOTTTTT! Although, I can only imagine what it is like for my brother. He is there for basic training!
  • DeeKay2169
    DeeKay2169 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    All you need is a gun, gas guzzler, shorts, flip flops, BEER, some kind of tobacco, and a dog.
  • Slimmasaurus
    Slimmasaurus Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Don't revoke my Republic of Texas membership card, but I can't remember the last time I wore boots OR cowboy hat! Doh! And yea it'll be hot, we wear a little as legally possible.

I agree, be as naked as you can without getting arrested. I went last September and it was so hot!! I'm a pasty British kid though so I was quite far from my comfort zone. I'd recommend investing in one of those fancy shirts that don't show sweat marks for the wedding.
  • jayayach
    Options
    If you try to dress like the stereotype, you will have lots of us giggling at you and probably a heat stroke to go with it. On the other hand.... wear the super tight jeans with it; we love that.
  • jayayach
    Options
    All you need is a gun, gas guzzler, shorts, flip flops, BEER, some kind of tobacco, and a dog.

:laugh:
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    my condolences.