Going to Texas in September

Options
1235»

Replies

• KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    You'll also have to get someone to take you snipe hunting while you're here. You'll have the time of your life!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Texas this month, and I'm not wearing boots. no yee-haw for me.
  • cranford_s
    cranford_s Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Wow, a wedding in Texas? I've never heard of such a thing! We usually just shack up or visit the Justice of the Peace! But a real wedding??? They must be politicians, or famous or something!

Oh shoot, I'm getting married in March, does that make me famous?!?!
  • Xgunslingerx
    Options
    My wife and I went to McKinney for a concert last year and had a good time. Go eat at the Cadillac Pizza Pub in Downtown McKinney (which is small). They have live blues bands and a GREAT atmosphere. Not to mention the pizza is out of this world. Fired in their own wood burning oven of course. There is also a unbelievable smokehouse a few blocks away. I can't remember the name but all of the locals recommended it. Some of the best smoked meats I've ever eaten. I would go back to McKinney for the food alone!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    If you like beer, there are a couple of awesome brewery's to check out that you can get tours and tastings at.

Rahr & Sons Brewing co is in Fort Worth and have outstanding microbrews that have won all sorts of awards. They do tastings on Wednesday 5 pm - 7:30 pm and Saturday 1 pm-3 pm - $10 buys you your own souvenir pint glass that they will fill with 3 free beer tastings.

Deep Ellum Brewery is in Dallas and closer to where you will be, but I am from Fort Worth and therefore am partial ;) But Deep Ellum Brewery is a newer one than Rahr and so I am not as familiar with their beers, though the ones I have tried have been wonderful! They have the same sort of deal on their tour, $10 for a souvenir glass and free tastings, and those tours are on Thursday night 6pm-8:30 pm and Saturday 12 pm-3 pm.