I really just want a banana cream pie %#$%^

Options
Would it be bad to reward yourself with a whole banana cream pie for weight loss success?

Replies

• shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Maybe just a slice would do? :smile: I LOVE banana cream pie!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    The whole thing, yes.
    A slice, no.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Make one, slice it up, freeze the pieces you don't eat? Does that stuff freeze? o.O
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    It would prove that you havent taught yourself anything :sad:
    Either make a healthier version and keep to one serving, or try some of them banana cream pie flavoured yogurts out there. theyr'e pretty yummers!
  • Fitfortat
    Fitfortat Posts: 47
    Options
    I feel your pain!!! But you would feel tremendously guilty so how bout you eat a frozen banana w/ some light cool whip on a graham cracker. Same flavors, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy less calories!
  • Sililily115
    Options
    Just a slice is ok!
    If i ever feel like overeating I just look at the calorie levels of different amounts! That usually motivates me to take a smaller portion :blushing:
    It would be even better if you could fit it into your calorie intake for the day, but I don't know how much are in banana cream pie. I've never tried it but it sounds yummy!
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    I have a hard time with eating cake. It is like a "drug" to me. I can not have it for fear that it will set me off on a binge:( I just don't eat it, not even a bite. I have to be careful with other things like cookies and pie too but not nearly as bad as cake. I especially love banana flavored things. I have learned to make things that help me not crave the cakes. For instance, I had some greek yogurt with banana extract in it yesterday when I was craving that kinda thing. I am in love with the Atkin's protein shakes that are Banana Strawberry flavored too. Also, I use to make a "dessert" by taking a ripe banana and wrapping it really tightly in saran wrap and then freezing it. Then in a couple of days, I would chop it up and put a little Walden's chocolate syrup on it (Waldens chocolate syrup is nasty when it isn't on something else for some reason so you can always use another type sugar free low calorie chocolate syrup) and it is healthy and yummy. I can't do that very often due to Diabetes (too many carbs), but yummy!
  • Stompp
    Stompp Posts: 216
    Options
    Oh god, I've been on the forums too much apparently, because my mind went straight to the gutter...

Seriously though, get a pie, and have a day for a week! Enjoy it, you earned it :D
  • jmilian825
    jmilian825 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    It would prove that you havent taught yourself anything :sad:
    Either make a healthier version and keep to one serving, or try some of them banana cream pie flavoured yogurts out there. theyr'e pretty yummers!
    yes the banana creme pie lite yogurts actually taste pretty good and these are 80 cal vs the regular banana creme pie yogurt which is 160 cal
  • jmilian825
    jmilian825 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain!!! But you would feel tremendously guilty so how bout you eat a frozen banana w/ some light cool whip on a graham cracker. Same flavors, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy less calories!
    OMG I love this pro pic ^ the game is pretty neat too! oh and that's a pretty good idea too...
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't judge you, I'm pretty sure I ate half a bag of chips last week in one sitting. Sadly, I'm not talking about a single serve bag. On the plus side, at least it wasn't a Costco size bag! Chips are my down fall so I try not to have them in the house. It banana cream pie is like that for you, maybe find a local restaurant that has really good banana cream pie and sells it by the slice.
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    ifdiy8.jpg

Get this instead!! Tastes exactly like banana cream pie!!! No joke, I wouldn't lie about banana cream pie.
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's anything wrong with having a slice if it fits in your calories. But I would be careful about using food as a reward for weight loss...
  • Natty0506
    Natty0506 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I like the quote "You're not a dog. Don't reward yourself with food." And I take that pretty seriously. If you're that proud of how far you've come, you'll celebrate with something healthy proving to yourself that you've changed your life, not that you've just lost weight.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's anything wrong with having a slice if it fits in your calories. But I would be careful about using food as a reward for weight loss...

I agree. I am trying to give up the guilt... if I truly, truly want something, then I will have it. I may wait a couple of days to make sure that cheesecake craving isn't a passing thing, but if I want it, I have it. I usually split it with my husband, though. If this healthy eating thing is a lifestyle for me, it's not going to work if I have to feel guilty for eating things that I want.
    I also have a schedule of non-food rewards.
    5-lbs was a pedicure
    10 - lbs was new workout clothes
    15 - lbs personal trainer (Still need to make that one happen)
    20 lbs- I need to think of one
    25 lbs - 30 lbs, new clothes.
  • dragonangel76
    Options
    I don't think this one will pass. We have a bakery that makes the best banana cream pie and only this one will kill this for me. I'm gonna do it. It's light tasting?? I will just work it off....:sad: what is wrong with me I am usually stronger than this!!!
  • HollywoodDJ
    HollywoodDJ Posts: 296
    Options
    1/2 A BANANA WITH 1/2 CUP OF VANILLA YOGURT AND SOME ALMONDS OR GRANOLA AND YOU WILL FEEL LIKE YOU ATE THE REAL THING......i PROMISE~

IT'S SO STINKIN GOOD!~ :tongue: :love:
  • dragonangel76
    Options
    I will only eat half!
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Buy the pie, invite friends/family over, share the pie. Have one slice and savor it... just my point of view.

You can have more pie again in a week or two. I just think if you eat the whole thing or half of it, you might feel guilty... and guilty pie doesn't taste as good. :tongue:
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    How do you feel about key lime pie? I just had an Oikos lime yogurt, and holy balls it tasted like frickin' key lime pie! I'm trying to come up with some way to make it even more pie-like. Like maybe freezing it and topping it with graham cracker crumbs or something.