Okay Ladies, I need some help PLEASE

1235»

Replies

• Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    I thought the same way, that I would not have time to make anything for lunch. What I do is make chicken salad, tuna salad or just prepared all the fixing to have a healthy salad on the weekend (like on Sunday after church). When I get tired of eating what I have prepared then there are grocery stores that may have a deli or Subway. You can get low cal dinners in the freezer section. There is plenty of healthy items these days.
  • pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    The single biggest thing that has helped me eat healthy is to plan all of my meals - breakfast, lunch and dinner- in one shot. I do it before grocery shopping so I buy only what I need. I tend to cook a big batch of vegetable soup at the beginning of the week so even if I am super pressed for time, I can take a lean cuisine from the freezer (I try not to eat a frozen meal more than once per week, though) or make a pbj and still have a full lunch.
  • lulu386
    lulu386 Posts: 20
    What I find helpful is making a batch of healthy foods on the weekends and keeping half in the freezer. For instance, I'll make a good amount of brown rice with mixed vegetable or beans, and put them in small tupperwares. I also marinate chicken breast and fish and bake them when I'm ready to eat them. Other weeks I'll make a huge pot of pasta sauce and store it in the freezer. I also carry fruits with me for work, boil eggs at night for breakfast, and will steam veggies for lunch the night before. Making time for these little changes with save you from having to take-out.
  • mellowyellow1102
    mellowyellow1102 Posts: 12 Member
    Some days at work are similar for me. What i usually do is have some form of a special K product with me. There granola bars are awesome as well as their shakes. Those help curb the hunger. If you must get fast food try getting something small and pairing it with a special K shake or something.

Also if you have the time go to a grocery store get something that they prepare fresh, sub, sushi, etc. It will still probably be higher in calories but overall better for you since its fresh and doesn't have all those hidden preservatives and junk.

Good Luck!
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    I first of would like to say sorry if I repeat anything that was said I did not read all of the responses. First I would suggest trying to prepare meals the night before. If you hate that then

Peanut butter and Jelly
    Tuna sandwich
    Any deli sandwich
    They have cottage cheese in packages
    Applesauce
    Fruit easy to grab
    Frozen veggies you can cook at work
    Smart ones oh how I lived by those for a long time!
    I like to do an oatmeal shake for breakfast heat it up and eat or you can make it for lunch and eat it then. I also like to make my shakes and freeze them to eat them like ice cream :wink: If you don't have protein shakes you can do it without the protein
    1 cup of milk, fruit of your choice and blend sometimes I like to put yogurt into it too :) or my favorite is Tropicana orange juice (again a cup) 1 orange and blend and freeze good to eat like ice cream its a treat :wink: You could probably look them up online. I hope this helps oh and I like to buy dole fruit seems pretty simple and low in calories if you have anymore questions feel free to ask and add me as a friend :happy:
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    i used body by vi shakes for that reason alone.. i had to stop the crap resturant foods...

I am doing those right now :happy:
  • a helpful eating plan, may help... has helped me...

for women its:
    breakfast 1 fruit 1 starch 1 lean protein
    lunch 1 starch 1 fruit 5 lean protein 2 vegetables
    dinner is 5 lean protein 2 vegetables 1 fruit
    snacks 1 fruit and 1 milk
    96 ounces of h20
    no starch after lunch
    no soda of any kind and exercise.

for men:

breakfast 1 fruit 2 starch 1lean protein
    lunch 2 starch 1 fruit 5 lean protein 2 vegetables
    dinner 6 lean protein 2 vegetables 1 fruit
    snacks 1 fruit and 1 milk
    96 ounces of h20
    no starch after lunch
    no soda of any kind and exercise.

you can tweak it a bit but stick to the plan

BREAKFAST
    SAMPLE 1: 1/2 BAGEL, 1/2 C BRAN, 3 EGG WHITES (no yolk), 1 APPLE
    SAMPLE 2: 2 SLICES WHEAT BREAD, 2 OUNCES HAM, 1 BANANA
    SAMPLE 2: 2 LOW FAT WAFFLES, 1/4 C COTTAGE CHEESE, 1 ORANGE

LUNCH
    SAMPLE 1: 2 SLICES WHEAT BREAD, 5 OZ TURKEY, 2 C RAW CARROTS, 1/2 C APPLE SAUCE
    SAMPLE 2: 2 SM BAKED POTATO, 5 OZ LEAN CHICKEN, 2C RAW CELERY, 3/4 C BLUEBERRIES
    SAMPLE 3: 1 BURGER BUN, 5O Z LEAN BEEF, 2 C FRESH SALAD, 2 TANGERINES

DINNER
    SAMPLE 1: 6 OZ PORK, 2 C RAW BROCCOLI, 1 NECTARINE
    SAMPLE 2: 6 OZ TUNA, 2 C RAW CAULIFLOWER, 2 C CANTALOUPE
    SAMPLE 3: 6 OZ CHICKEN (skinless), 2 c raw mushrooms, 1 c fruit cocktail

SNACKS
    SAMPLE 1: 6 OZ YOGURT, 2 PLUMS
    SAMPLE 2: 2 OZ NON FAT CHEESE, 1 C STRAWBERRIES
    SAMPLE 3: 6 OZ SKIM MILK, 1 1/4 C WATERMELON
  • i forgot to add: I weigh EVERYTHING i put in my mouth... i want to know exactly how much i am consuming...

Good luck, feel free to add me and maybe we can support each :smile: other.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Protein shakes for on-the-go lunches always work well too. My husband and I do the GNC Lean 25 protein powder and mix it with water or milk... it's quick and easy, and it's filling..plus it has all the nutrients you need in it to eat it as a meal. I find that it's easier for me to just pack snacks (grab fruits, yogurt, veggies) and do my protein shakes during the day... that way there's no preparation needed!
  • I mix up my menu, an idea of my general basics I always have around:

Breakfast: Greek yogurt or one egg with one small piece of toast with a pat of butter or just a cup of cappuccino. I truly am not a morning eater, and do gain weight if I eat a hearty breakfast.

Lunch: nutrition bars for when on the go or flat out bread with hummus or fruit smoothie.

Dinner: Chicken baked & salad or Steak, potato & salad, or pork loin & salad.

My dressing on my salad is not fat free, I just make sure it is not more than a tablespoon.

I try to always have a snack everyday, whether it be a piece of dark chocolate, or a frozen yogurt Popsicle. That way I never feel deprived.

We eat out once a week minimum, and I know the calorie count of what I am eating before I order. I plan before I get to the restaurant for both my calories and what is suitable to eat at the restaurant.

If the S&%$ hits the fan, and I go over...I don't stress it....I just make sure to eat my just under normal calorie count the next day or two, and I make sure to drink extra water and tea.

I record everything I put in my mouth. Yah, even those bad days...makes me accountable. If I saw I had a bad day on Tuesday, on Friday when I plan on going out I know I need to make good choices or I might end up with a pound I don't want.
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    I make little egg bakes for breakfast on the go. I fill muffin tins with scrambled eggs, a bit of cheese, some ham or whatever meat I want, and then bake it in the oven. You can freeze them. All it takes is a few seconds in the microwave, and I'm good to go. You can also bake oatmeal with cranberries and such. I'll post recipes for everything when I'm home later.

For snacks at work, I love string cheese, almonds, grapes, apple slices, carrots, and raisins. Luckily, I don't get sick of that stuff. I love fruit and could eat it all day. :)

For lunch/dinner, my trick is to use my crock pot on Sundays. It requires very little effort, since you just toss everything in and leave it for six hours. My crock pot is six quarts, so it's enough for five days' worth of lunch and/or dinner for me and my boyfriend, depending on what I cook and how much I cook. If I get extra time, I put a bunch of ingredients in freezer Ziploc bags, which makes it even easier to toss them into the crock pot when I don't have much time. I'll bag up chicken teriyaki, beef stew, Mexican dishes... whatever I feel like. It just takes a little while to chop everything up, but my food processor helps quite a bit.