I really just want a banana cream pie %#$%^

Options

Replies

• DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Get the pie, enjoy it and get to work after.

mmmmmmmmmmm
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    In these situations i eat the whole pie. Why?

A: better off being over 3500 calories one day then over 500 each day if you rationed it out over a week.............(for weight gain/loss purposes anyway) Can't store 3500 calories over in a day as fat, but if you eat 500 over for a week you will gain a pound.

B: If you eat an entire pie, usually the next day you dont want more pie
    Yes, but this option won't help her get over craving/desire to binge. Changing her behavior to eat one piece every few days instead of an entire pie in one sitting will, eventually, get rid of these desires to binge (or at least lessen them). Eating an entire pie could put her right back at square one. If you want a true lifestyle change, that means no more pies in their entirety, not until the desire to binge is gone for good and you can trust yourself.
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options
    Get the bakery pie, but just a slice! Do not buy the whole pie. If they make you pay for the whole pie, have them cut you a slice and tell them to give a free slice to the next 5 customers.
    The ****? I ain't giving away pie. Hell no.

That can get you in more trouble than you're asking for.

I'm against pie sharing as well. :devil:
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I very unwisely bought 3 bag of see's candies a couple of weeks ago. Now every night I just want to go finish them...but...you know what? I just have to hang there resistent to the temptation. I might have one in my high calorie day LOL
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Would it be bad to reward yourself with a whole banana cream pie for weight loss success?

How about the banana cream pie light yogurt? They are actually pretty good!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    If the dragonangel wants pie let her get a cream pie. She has earned it.
  • kaylasue_mustlose
    Options
    Yummmm banana cream pie blizzard at Dairy Queen...Those things are so delicious! I used to love them. But the kicker is they have 580 calories in them...22 grams of fat...and 84 grams of carbs!! Be strong...eating bad always makes me feel bad.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I think you should do it, and not feel bad. Eating the whole pie is not a binge! If she wants to reward herself, let her. Get off your high horses, people!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I will not judge you :)

Eat the pie then work out for 5-6 mins extra each day this week.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    eating a whole pie might give you a tummy ache but it's not going to undo all of your progress.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Would it be bad to reward yourself with a whole banana cream pie for weight loss success?

Dang, I thought this was something else..

Moving along...

LOL
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I think if you ate the entire pie you would feel rather ill... Maybe just have a slice or 2... Than save the rest for another day.
  • CindiBryce
    CindiBryce Posts: 438
    Options
    Why don't you take a more balanced approach to dieting, incorporating "unhealthy" foods occasionally?
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    2790 calories, 153 grams of fat in Marie Callender's. The bakery version is likely worse.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Marie-Callender-s-Banana-Cream-Pie-38-oz/10316283#Nutrition+Facts

Thanks! Ya that is definately guilty pie!

EDITED to add: I missed the part about you wanting a whole pie! Yeah, probably not the smartest thing.

I completely disagree. I'm a pastry chef and I work in a bakery. I just analyzed my recipe and it came out to

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 198 g
    Amount Per Serving

Calories 494
    Total Fat 29.5g
    Saturated Fat 15.3g
    Trans Fat 0.0g
    Cholesterol 192mg
    Sodium 182mg
    Total Carbohydrates 51.0g
    Dietary Fiber 1.7g
    Sugars 25.5g

This is from a pie that would make 8 servings. If it's a quality bakery and they use real, fresh ingredients I don't see the big deal if it fits in your macros.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    2790 calories, 153 grams of fat in Marie Callender's. The bakery version is likely worse.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Marie-Callender-s-Banana-Cream-Pie-38-oz/10316283#Nutrition+Facts

Thanks! Ya that is definately guilty pie!

I completely disagree. I'm a pastry chef and I work in a bakery. I just analyzed my recipe and it came out to

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 198 g
    Amount Per Serving

Calories 494
    Total Fat 29.5g
    Saturated Fat 15.3g
    Trans Fat 0.0g
    Cholesterol 192mg
    Sodium 182mg
    Total Carbohydrates 51.0g
    Dietary Fiber 1.7g
    Sugars 25.5g

This is from a pie that would make 8 servings. If it's a quality bakery and they use real, fresh ingredients I don't see the big deal if it fits in your macros.

But the thing is ...who actually stops after one serving? LOL
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    So a few weekends ago I decided to have a cheat day I wouldn't log. I had been DYING for chocolate cake and I was going to eat as much of it as I wanted. I chose a day and gave myself permission to eat ALL THE CAKE. So I sat down with a giant piece and I could only finish about half. At a certain point, I really did feel satisfied and it wasn't fun to make myself eat any more after that point, so I wrapped it up for another time and it ended up being not too bad in terms of going over my calories. Nothing I couldn't compensate for with working out and being mindful the rest of the week.

In short, eat some pie.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

But the thing is ...who actually stops after one serving? LOL

I would.
  • npdivy
    npdivy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you can eat just one slice, go for it. If you are like me, you may not be able to stop at just one slice--especially if you have been watching your calories for a while. If I could eat just one of ______ fill in the blank, I wouldn't have put on 50 lbs since I got married.
    Think carefully about who you are and what your trigger foods and limitations are. That one slice could send you down a path that will have you breathing hard, holding your stomach and covered in whipped cream! Just saying...:-)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I bought a whole tripleberry pie just before I started my program. I cut it up into slices, wrapped each one and froze them. When I am down where I want to be, I will have a slice....should keep that long. ;)
  • theladyy
    theladyy Posts: 176
    Options
    It would prove that you havent taught yourself anything :sad:
    Either make a healthier version and keep to one serving, or try some of them banana cream pie flavoured yogurts out there. theyr'e pretty yummers!

Complete BS right there.