Ladies with a LOT of weight to lose and PCOS?

Options

Replies

• ElkaCurl
    ElkaCurl Posts: 1
    Options
    I have PCOS and around 80lbs to loose please add me as a friend and we can support each other
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    you can add me too. after losing almost forty pounds i'm down to just needing to lose a hundred pounds to be where i was before i got PCOS. yikes! i'm on the same drugs too.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I only have 60 pounds to loose, but I have PCOS. I'm unmediated, because I live in the states and health insurance and drugs cost ya an arm and a legs. Feel free to add me :)
  • marywanoKC
    marywanoKC Posts: 176
    Options
    I have PCOS, and I'm currently in the 320s, so definitely quite a bit to lose. I used to be on Metformin, but my diet was rubbish and I was completely inactive, so it made me ill. Now that I'm leading a healthier life I've been considering giving it another try. :) Feel free to add me if you like!
  • purebliss24
    Options
    Hi - feel free to add me to. I have PCOS and about 80 lbs to lose. i'm on metformin 1x per day and i use a natural progestrone cream to induce period if it has been too long. i'm 36 and went through fertility to have my twins (they are 2 years old now). I'm determined to get my body back in shape! anyone can add me...i'm new to this "friend" / "group" concept on MFP...just starting to use it more. it is amazing to read the stories
  • Connie_Cupcake
    Options
    Boo PCOS and welcome. I will just say it now (Pardon my French, but...) its gonna be a *****! I am on Metformin 2 times a day and I have lost 20 lbs. What has worked for me. DRASTICALLY cut sugar and go very easy on the tasty carbs (pasta and breads). I still have about 80 or so lbs to go, so you are more than welcome to add me. I am always more than willing to add anyone with PCOS because it sucks! You can get really down on yourself when you start to get a beard and can't seem to lose weight. :)

This invitation is open to anyone with PCOS, add me! :)
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ...

I'm a PCOS suffering woman also ... on 1500mg/metformin a day ...
    I need to lose 100lbs ... recently had a miscarriage (1st pregnancy) and this was a big motivation for me, I need to LOSE WEIGHT, I love kids and I want one with my partner.

Please feel free to add me as a friend ..

Let's be beautiful ladies ...

I hear I I LOVE kids, got married to my high school sweetheart with hopes of starting a family young. 8 years later and 6 miscarries. I know lots of people with PCOS that have kids, so hope it works out for you to have a family.

P.S. I work daycare's to get my baby fix, since I can't have my own. I love it!
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and insulin resistance and I'm on Metformin. I have not been able to lose weight in the past until I finally got on it. I didn't realize that some doctors were hesitant to prescribe it! Best medication I've ever taken (also helped me get pregnant with my two children)
  • BeingThatWoman
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I was diagnosed with PCOS - incorrectly it turns out but I can certainly empathize with the symptoms. I have 60 pounds to lose.
  • Jessie1227
    Jessie1227 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    71 pounds total to lose, down 24 now. I have PCOS but am not on Metformin anymore, I slowly stopped taking it. My tummy couldn't handle it. As I've lost weight though, everything has been getting back to normal. :) Feel free to add me if you'd like. :)
  • carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS. Diagnosed in Jan 2011, started out with about 100 lbs to lose. I quit taking Metformin last month under the supervision of my dr, but after blood work next week I MAY need to go back on it. I've been in a plateau since Jan 2012, and trying to get back at trying harder to break it. Feel free to add me.
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS, but I'm not on any medication. I hate the side effects of high-estrogen birth control, and I found I can skip the Metformin if I simply eat like a diabetic (very low sugar/carbs). I've lost 16 pounds in seven weeks, and I feel 110% better because I'm not eating as much sugar and crap.

To be fair, I'd probably be on medication if I planned to get pregnant, but I'm okay with being nearly-infertile. BF and I don't want children.
  • emmalecras
    emmalecras Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

I have a lot of weight to lose as well but am on the way.
  • ilovesparkle
    ilovesparkle Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and about 98 pounds total to lose. I am only on Spironolactone and birth control; my doctor said Metformin is pointless for me. But I'm down 21 pounds so something is finally working!
  • smaller_mel
    smaller_mel Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ditto! I have PCOS (as well as Hashimoto's - double whammy!). Been trying to take Metformin, but really struggle with the side effects. Trying again with 500mg ER 2x/day (currently titrating up to that). Trying to cut back the carbs, especially wheat. I am at 307 and would like to be around 140, so I too have a ways to go. My initial goal is 10%. Anyone can feel free to add me, would love to support any fellow PCOS Cysters ;)
  • jryan83
    jryan83 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm a 28/F with PCOS also. Luckily, I just have the hormone side of it (hot flashes, sweats, irritability, exhaustion) and not so much the insulin resistance. Before being diagnosed officially though, I had put on 60 lbs in 6 months. I told the doctor something was wrong, she just had to put a name to it.

I'm looking to lose over 100 lbs to get healthy and hopefully put my PCOS and fertility problems behind me. I think having a medical reason to lose weight is a better motivator for me than just wanting to look nice.

Feel free to add me as a friend too!
  • krom862
    krom862 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Another one here with PCOS! It sucks! I am on Metformin 1000mg a day...and I have not lost any weight on it. I have heard about so many that have lost weight with it, but no such luck. Anyway...I have recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, but I am going to get a second opinion...the dr I saw was not familiar with PCOS, and my fasting blood sugar was 132... a little high, but, that's pcos. Anyway...feel free to add me! Oh....I have 100+ to lose as well :-(
  • sueannerojas
    Options
    plz add me ladies i dont have pcos but i got 60-70 lbs to lose
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I just got diagnosed a week ago with PCOS..I have around 100-ish lbs to lose..I'm on medication yet though as my doctor wants me to have an ultrasound first to check my ovaries

Im trying to cut down on carbs and am reading a book on Insulin resistance ..

Feel free to add me if you want:)
  • _Amy_Budd
    _Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Well, I used to have a LOT to lose, and I used to have PCOS... but not anymore. :)

The Primal Blueprint was the answer for me. No drugs necessary, just controlling the blood sugar and insulin response. You could now set a train schedule by the regularity of my cycle, and I've got less than 15 pounds to go until I reach my goal weight, though I'm already smaller and fitter than I've ever been.

Check out my profile, my blog, and marksdailyapple.com for more info, and feel free to friend me or send me questions via PM.

:)
    Amy