JOIN US! Sixers Heading into the Holidays - Starting 10/26

Options

Replies

• drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Loving it!!! Fresh New energetic faces to join our wonderful team of lovely ladies. I Have the drinks Cathy. Diet Coke, Water, Crystal light and Well.... some wine wouldn't hurt.

Take care ladies....

Tamm
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I am IN!!!!

I did MFP for 6 months faithfully, lost 70lbs. Am starting TODAY, and only down 37 lbs =( SO I need to get back to -70 lbs PLUS more. I can do this!
  • slightingscale
    slightingscale Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Can you handle one more new person? All of the other challenges are in full swing, so it's nice to find a new one starting up. Count me in! I need to be accountable to someone. Thanks for being so welcoming!

Susan (apple28analysis) SW 167, GW 130, CW 157 (10 pound mark - I'm in the double digits now :happy:).
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Still welcoming anyone who wants to join us starting next Tuesday, 10/26!
    We have no limits on those who can join, our group can accommodate the masses!! :bigsmile:
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    WOW lookie all the newbies....

ok, guys less than a week to launch. let's get this party ready to roll.
    lauryn..you get balloons
    kel...how about some plates and napkins
    maggie...i want that sign in real life. love that kind of country stuff. you bring the veggies.
    drtamm...bring the drinks
    me...i'll bring some music.
    what i left off feel free to bring it along. just 5 days left.......
    newies just bring your numbers to plug in....

yea, let's get ready....:laugh:

Chipper ... you're too funny ... here's the veggies ...

veggietales1.jpg

THIS IS WHY I LOVE YOU GIRLS:heart::flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    ok, guys less than a week to launch. let's get this party ready to roll.
    lauryn..you get balloons
    kel...how about some plates and napkins
    maggie...i want that sign in real life. love that kind of country stuff. you bring the veggies.
    drtamm...bring the drinks
    me...i'll bring some music.
    what i left off feel free to bring it along. just 5 days left.......
    newies just bring your numbers to plug in....

yea, let's get ready....:laugh:

I found a big balloon to bring to the party. What do you think?
    alg_child_trapped_aircraft.jpg
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Or should I bring a balloon tank?
    Balloon-Tank.jpg

Or wear them as a dress?
    girl_balloon_dress.jpg

Or would you rather I bring in one of these balloons?
    Prosser-Balloon-Rally.jpg
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    the dress. it looks like whip cream.
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    What if you arrive in the tank being carried along by the hot air balloons while wearing the dress. Yes? haha. :laugh:

And just so we're all on the same page, we start next Tuesday which is actually the 27th, not the 26th! :smile:

See you all then!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    i like that amylou, but, maybe with the weight she has lost she might drift away :noway: .

i have an idea........:noway:

how about we all introduce ourselfs and a small story about our weight loss before we get going on tuesday.
    i'll start......

my name is chipper15173...i am a 50 yr old grandmother of two little girls. i am married over 30 yrs. i have two doggies. i am a diabetic. i have always been over weight and just since 06 have i been trying to really lose it. i lost up to 83#s. but, quit smoking and gained some back. than lost that again, than gained back almost 30 in just the last few months. in fact since may 09. husband was laid off, and life fell apart. i just finished classes to become a realtor. need to take my state.

share a small part of you with us. we will be great friends by tuesday.

later guys
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    Hello :flowerforyou:

My name is Erin but most people on MFP call me Gogo. I am mother of 2 amazing girls, wife to hubs for almost 12 years (together for 16 years), and I work full time. I sit at a desk all day long and pretty much daily I can feel my butt getting wider and wider. I am in pretty good shape and I have always been an active person, so my goal is to tone up quite a bit and maybe just get a little leaner. I am looking to only lose around 13 lbs or so. I like to run and do strength training as my workouts. I like to feel the burn!!

Good Luck to everyone!
  • TERVIN
    TERVIN Posts: 19
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Tammy and I am a 25 year old Administrative Assistant from Canada. I have been married for just over 1 year now and my husband and I recently bought a brand new house. We would like to start trying to start our family, but I would like to lose some weight and get as healthy as I can before we start.

I have always been overweight and desperately want to change that now. I need to lose about 100lbs to be a healthy weight so I have a big challenge ahead of me. I don't think I would be able to do it without the support of my friends and most importantly my husband. We are both working together to lose the weight we want and are challenging eachother every step of the way.

I am so looking forward for this challenge to start next Tuesday and promise I will work as hard as I can for myself and for all of you!! :)
  • chipper15173
    Options
    glad to hear from you two. so thrilled to begin this new challenge.

see y'all next tuesday.
  • elephantmeg
    elephantmeg Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I want in! These last few lbs are so hard! I am 29, a nurse, mom of 2 (3.5 and 1.5).

Tervin, I lost 40 lbs before getting pregnant with my kids and it was the best thing I ever did-and great motivation to loose it-I desperately wanted to get pregnant but wanted to be healthy first.... good luck!
  • TERVIN
    TERVIN Posts: 19
    Options
    I want in! These last few lbs are so hard! I am 29, a nurse, mom of 2 (3.5 and 1.5).

Tervin, I lost 40 lbs before getting pregnant with my kids and it was the best thing I ever did-and great motivation to loose it-I desperately wanted to get pregnant but wanted to be healthy first.... good luck!

Thanks, I hope I can have the same success that you did! :)
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I have a lot of weight to lose, motivation has been hard to find but I recently found some when I saw some pics of myself!!!! I dont' want to be on the other side of the Holiday's even heavier!!

Looking forward to the weigh-in
  • chipper15173
    Options
    ok, everyone you have just days to get your plans writen out so there are no excuses.
    make a check list. some of us sixers made money jars. we took what ever that was around. decorated them and made a list of things and each one earned us $ at the end of the day.
    example:
    eating right .50
    exercise .25
    water .25

any amounts you want for what ever you wanted to achive. i am with drtamm i am digging out my jar for the next challenge.

see you this weekend.
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Well... HELLO ladies! Remember me!? I've been going through a LOT lately... but all is well now, I guess.

How have you all been? I've missed you! I'm down to 145 now... working my way down slowly but surely
  • chipper15173
    Options
    tiff....how is you? glad to see you no matter how long. are you joining us on the next challenge on tuesday?