fashion faux pas

Options

Replies

• va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of PJs and slippers out in public. That said, when I was preggers with my now 2 year old, I came home from work one day and promptly put my purple fuzzy flip flop slippers on. I forgot I had them on when I ran to CVS to pick up an Rx for one of my sons - until I looked down while I was sitting in the pharmacy waiting area and saw my footwear of choice when Ieft the house. :noway: :laugh: (I still had my work clothes on - nice pants and a blouse, which made it even funnier!)

I think style is a personal thing and people should wear what makes them feel good about themselves. But, sometimes what makes them feel good about themselves and what actually looks good don't jive. Heh.
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    Jeggings .. Yukkk
    Shorts on men/ boys that are down to their ankles .. What the !!??
    Guys wearing jeans down past their *kitten* with their shiney boxers hanging out ... Wtf ??

And in the 80/90s acid wash jeans ... Omg yukkk !!!!
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Fleece / flannel pants in public

Tight fitting tops over muffin tops

Bra straps hanging out.

Nasty looking feet in flip flops or sandals
  • anikkim0915
    anikkim0915 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have a few fashion faux pas's that really push me over the edge!

I HATE ripped jeans!
    Saggy baggy jeans where you have to hold the pants up so they dont end up at your ankles
    ANYTHING CAMO! (in any color)
    Scrubs on non medical people (I am in nursing school)

BED HEAD! I really just want to go up and brush their hair for them.

OHH one more... I will never understand why girls with long hair end up giving themselves side parts like a comeover! WHY!!!!
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Welding gloves after labor day.

Mine are grey suede, not white, and I wear them when grilling, even after Labor Day... :laugh:

:embarassed:
    otherwise i try not to get worked up over what other people are wearing.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Girls who leave their velcro rollers in then go out shopping or whatever...
    Not really a clothes thing but I think you should at least finish getting ready before you leave the house... :/

Scouse brow... The most hideous things ever. Like two slugs on someones forehead. Again not clothes related but this beauty 'fashion' is becoming apparent in the UK...
  • mollyonamission
    mollyonamission Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Lol

Welding gloves after labor day.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    The people bashing sandals with jeans have obviously never been to Seattle.

Actually, I'm from a place where slippers and jeans are the norm (Hawaii.) I still think it looks hideous.

It's not just the norm, here. It's a rite of passage to becoming a true Seattlite. One of many.

I still refuse to wear socks with sandals, though. I don't even care how it looks, it's the fact that it's ridiculously uncomfortable, even more so if it's raining (which it always is).
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    PJ's or sweats out in public
    crocks
    Uggs
    Wearing clothes that don't fit properly
    socks with sandles
    Wearing a really pretty dress and then pairing it with a pair of flip flops
    Cowboy boots with shorts or short dresses/skirt (they are ok with long skirts)
    Socks with sandles
    When women wear cammo as part of their everyday wardrobe. I have tons of cammo but I wear it only when hunting. I especially has a dislike to colored cammo like pink and blue
  • mollyonamission
    mollyonamission Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Short shorts if you don't have the body for them
    Also if u have rolls please don't wear tiny bikinis
    Also shirts that show back fat
    on men anything acid washed
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    1) Leaving that stupid gold sticker on your hat...

hat.jpg

Exactly! Might as well go all Minnie Pearl and leave the price tag hanging off, too! :tongue:

The super low side part drives me nuts too - it's like an old man comb-over. And the person usually has to hang his/her head to the side to keep the hair hanging the right way, that's gotta be uncomfortable.

And I'll echo the ill fitting clothes bit - the sagging pants around here are just out of control. I see guys walking down the street with their waistbands at thigh level, and they walk like a dang penguin because of it. Or a toddler with a full diaper. :laugh:
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options

hat.jpg

Exactly! Might as well go all Minnie Pearl and leave the price tag hanging off, too! :tongue:

Okay! Is this a trend?? I saw an African American girl at school the other day walking around with a hat like this with a full on tag hanging off of it, and my boyfriend said he sees it around his neighborhood (East LA -- a largely Hispanic area) quite a bit.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Turtlenecks, white pants on men, white pants or tops w/out nude under garments for women. Black belt/black shoes; brown belt/brown shoes. Iron clothes needed. Hang up pants so they have a crease.

Gym shoes at work.

I'm a bit of a weirdo - my husband doesn't understand how I get dressed so quickly with all my personal clothing rules. But, it's why the majority of my wardrobe has black as its base.
  • GetFitNowKrystal
    GetFitNowKrystal Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Ugg boots and shorts when it's 100 degrees out.
    PJ's in the grocery store (or anywhere public for that matter, lol).

^^^ That. I hate seeing people wear their PJ'S out in public
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Men and Women wearing all denim. It never looked good. EVER. Stop. Sshh. No it didn't. No.

Men in sandals. The only time a man should wear sandals is at the beach or if they are in the gym locker room. You ever see Superman wearing sandals? Men with jeans that have any kind of adornments on the back pockets. No matter what your sexual orientation, just knock it off. Muscle shirts outside of the gym. Especially if you have more hair than muscle on your shoulders.

Ladies in short tops. Its a privilege, not a right. If I want to see a muffin top I'll go to the bakery. Animal prints. Panty lines... unless I've got them on my wrists from you tying me up with them.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Uggs with short shorts. Or just Uggs in general. But I've seen girls wear a tank, short shorts and uggs in winter and wonder why they're cold. Duuuh. :grumble:

PJs in public. Don't be lazy, just get dressed. Even wearing sweatpants is better than this.

Sandals and socks! Nooooo. These things do not go together. >.<
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options

hat.jpg

The super low side part drives me nuts too - it's like an old man comb-over. And the person usually has to hang his/her head to the side to keep the hair hanging the right way, that's gotta be uncomfortable.

And I'll echo the ill fitting clothes bit - the sagging pants around here are just out of control. I see guys walking down the street with their waistbands at thigh level, and they walk like a dang penguin because of it. Or a toddler with a full diaper. :laugh:

Reminds me of that song on TV a few years back, "Pants on the Ground, looking like a fool with your pants on the grooound." XD
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

hat.jpg

Okay! Is this a trend?? I saw an African American girl at school the other day walking around with a hat like this with a full on tag hanging off of it, and my boyfriend said he sees it around his neighborhood (East LA -- a largely Hispanic area) quite a bit.

In elementary school, I took one of those gold stickers off of someone's hat and the guy lost his *kitten*.
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Slippers anywhere but inside your house *inside* being keyword and pajamas.

Socks with sandals.
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    When you can see a womans spanx through her clothing (WORSE then a panty line), or can clearly see where it's digging in, in her upper waist. Just work out a little, it'll look much better. Promise.