Bath-salts drug...

Options
HeatherLeahxx
HeatherLeahxx Posts: 156 Member
So....I was at a concert this weekend....and a lot of people were taking a drug called 'bath salts' ....

Just googled it.....first article that came up :noway: http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/05/30/miami-cannibal-attack-video/ holy cannoli :sick: :sick:

Has anyone actually tried this drug? :sick: Just out of curiousity :huh:

Replies

• kimbly71
    kimbly71 Posts: 188
    Options
    My husband has been a cop for about 4 years now and said this is the worst thing he has seen yet as far as drugs go. He said people really just lose their damn minds on this junk. Smdh.....
  • pclady1106
    Options
    I work in a psychiatric crisis stabalization unit and when people come in who've taken bath salts, they are totally out of their minds! Never seen anything like it, they are like wild animals...can't really understand what the "fun" is in taking that stuff. We've had some who never came back from it. They are now in long term psychiatric hospitals...sad situation.
  • gizziemonkey
    gizziemonkey Posts: 451
    Options
    It has recently become an issue here in Maine. I have a friend whose daughter just overdosed by injecting bath salts. She currently lies in a hospital bed with permanent and severe brain damage and it does not look as though she is going to recover from this....a short life as she is only 19. You can literally lose your mind...permanently!!! On another note, I work as a Substance Abuse Counselor with adolescents....have not seen this as an issue as of yet, but I'm sure it's on its way
  • run2jeepn
    run2jeepn Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I've seen it here locally as well. When on the Drug it heats their Core temp so high it basically cooks them from the inside out. The do loose there minds. Their brain is so hot it can't function right. basically.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Its ridiculous. It should be illegal but sadly, it's not in some states!! I have done some not so healthy things in my past but that is one thing I would NEVER touch!!! You should see the episode of Intervention where the guy is on bath salts. He is literally insane and thinks that invisible people are constantly trying to attack him. He would spend all his time building all these weird contraptions that were supposed to get rid of them. He ended up being diagnosed with schizophrenia. He was fine until he started doing the bath salts. That stuff is scary.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard about it being here in KY or not but I have a 19yr old son who is in college for criminal justice to become a part of the legal system someday...He cannot have anything on his record so I am very hopeful that he will stay away from this stuff while he is away at college...He hasn't done anything else illegal (that I know of) but I truly hope this stuff doesn't come around here anytime soon...It's not just people taking it...It's also bad for anyone around those people on bath salts b/c of what they may do to you at anytime....So scary...I worry about my son more and more b/c of stuff like this.... :cry:

ETA: The people who are responding on here...Please put the state you are in if possible, just so we can maybe find out where it's at so far and where it's not at yet...I would really like to know for one!! Thanks...
  • straightjacketjacob
    Options
    It turns you into real life flesh eating Zombies. Imagine that poor cop walking up on that guy eating the other guy. There was a case where a woman thought her todler was a demon so she pulled over and threw him out on the side of the freeway. Thank God someone saw it happen and stopped to help the child as the woman drove away.
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I've heard of this but I don't get it. Is this real bath salts like the lavender vanilla bath salts I have in my bathroom or the epsom salt I sometimes put in the bath tub or is this something different?

ETA: I'm in VA and they are banned here so I'm also wondering if I have an illegal substance in my bathroom *paranoid*
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I've heard of this but I don't get it. Is this real bath salts like the lavender vanilla bath salts I have in my bathroom or the epsom salt I sometimes put in the bath tub or is this something different?

ETA: I'm in VA and they are banned here so I'm also wondering if I have an illegal substance in my bathroom *paranoid*

It's sold in head shops and not the bath salts that have been around awhile (that you would buy at Walmart or something).

It's basically a manufactured drug sold under the name bath salts.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Oklahoma has already outlawed them.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options

From what I understand the guy who invented them knows exactly what they are and will be used for (just like the synthetic marijuana). However, they market them as something else so that when people use them as a drug he can try to beat any lawsuits by saying they are not being used for their intended purpose.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Ive heard of it but not localy (Dallas area) its pretty crazy what people will think of to get high. Here we have a problem with kids drinking hand sanitizer.
    Makes my years of meth and lsd seem tame in comparison:laugh:
  • cdnbassjunkie
    Options
    Ive read a couple articles re: kids using bath salts and drinking hand sanitizer to get high... Cant believe what kids are doing these days... What ever happened to good ol' fashioned beer and grass eh??
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I live in PA and we've recently had two murders (one of a police officer) where the perpetrator was high on bath salts.

To answer the above question, they look like bath salts that's why they are called that. They are not at all chemically related to the bath salts from your bathroom.
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Kansas has banned them too, and I think Missouri also. There was a college student here in Kansas about two years ago who was on them and he ran out into traffic and a car hit him and he died. So they are here but I don't know how widespread.
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I was becoming a major issue a few months back here in SC. They have made it illegal to sell it here
  • QueenRenee603
    QueenRenee603 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Here in NH it's legal to buy. I live in a small town and you can buy it at the convienance store. I don't know anyone who has tried it but it is readily available.
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Let Darwin take it's course. Idiots. My mom died via her lifelong crack addiction. I simply do not see the appeal.
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I've never tried them. I have a pretty liberal stance on substance use, but after I saw the A&E Intervention episode with the kid who was abusing bath salts it was pretty clear that even if they could be used safely and in moderation there was no way the risk was worth however they make you feel. To see someone really truly lose their mind is frightening.
  • mommamorris
    mommamorris Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I heard that some homeless man ate the face off another homeless man bc he was on bath salts! the cops came to arrest the guy and he growled at them so they shot him and he continued so they shot him again! they say it gives you super strength and makes you out of your mind!( The guy ended up eating the mans face off and was working on his chin!) he was like a zombie i guess....