Avocado

Options
124»

Replies

• ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Try blending them with some silken tofu for a dip.. it takes less avocado and gets you some protein..
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    bump
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much :smile: Can't wait to try some of these!
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not but just eat an avocado and add a pinch of salt. Best taste in the world.

At least for me
    Me too. I cut it in half, add a bit of salt and eat it with a spoon.
  • roberta65
    roberta65 Posts: 31
    Options
    STUFFED PORTABELLA CAPS,

Take a large portabella mushroom and grill it slightly ( sometimes I just leave mine raw ) next chunk up half of the avacado placing into the mushroom cap, salt and pepper and a little soy sauce if you like, top with a good couple tablesppons of your favorite salsa. There you have a fast very easy lunch idea , I make two of these for dinner all the time love them , and they are really filling . Enjoy
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Make a turkey sandwich with lettuce and tomato and red onion and cucumber, and then put a slice of avocado on there. Delish. If you want to make it even better you can buy a can of chipotle peppers in adobo and mix half a teaspoon or so of that stuff with a little mayonnaise and spread it on your sandwich too. Yummy.
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I myself like them sliced with a little salt. YUM! Also, I made a chicken quesadilla once with tomato, cheese, and cut up avocado. Very good. If you incorporate it in some recipes you may acquire a taste for it. :) Good luck.
  • jrw423
    jrw423 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Avocado and tomatoes with just a little salt and drizzle with olive oil. it is fantastic and simple.

Just slicing the avocado and putting it on sandwiches are good.
  • skipresimont
    Options
    I made a chicken salad last night that was so good. I chopped some bite size chicken and cooked it on a skillet, then added salsa with the chicken and cooked it a little longer. After that, I threw the chicken mixture in a salad with lettuce, red onion, tomato, 1/2 avocado, and fat free sour cream. I'm having it for lunch again today.
  • maaprid
    maaprid Posts: 2
    Options
    Probably my most favorite thing to make in the summer. It goes great on top of the chicken recipe that's recommended in the article.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/chunky-tomato-avocado-salsa-50400000104953/
  • Fausttt
    Fausttt Posts: 101
    Options
    OH MY!! I could bathe in avocado if I had the money. I eat them all the time!! I love love love it. making it into a dip is always great but I do it by cutting a tiny piece of onion (into tiny, tiny little bits) and dicing a piece of jalapeno (into tiny little bits too) and mixing it until creamy and add some lemon pepper or a squeeze of lemon.
    I also make a tostada with it. I get the shell of the tostada and mash avocado into a spread like consistency and spread it onto the shell, I then add boiled chicken (boil the chicken with garlic powder) and sprinkle some shredded cheese and add some shredded ice burg! YUMM!
    I can eat avocado in slices too just slice then thin and add some lemon pepper to them and eat away!
    I also like to eat it in salads.... in sandwiches too! Just start off small and then you will become an addict (maybe)

Me too. Fill a pool up and dive right in. I have not yet found a method of preparing avocado that I have not liked. I am going to try Avocado chocolate pudding today (if i have time).
  • airbent
    airbent Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Loving all these ideas. I've eaten avocado every single day of the past two weeks, I put it on everything. Sliced on veggie burgers, mixed up in my tuna or chicken salad with cottage cheese and tomatoes and peppers, chopped into my salad, mixed into salsa, and on its own. It's more calories than the average fruit/vegetables, but it's so worth it.

How about keeping them from turning brown though, any tips? Lemon juice would get expensive at the rate I buy avocados. ;) I submerge them in water when I've opened them but it still gets small streaks of brown by morning.
  • Aprill42
    Aprill42 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    How do you make the avocado tunnnna? Just mix it in instead of mayo?
  • RachelWest86
    Options
    Here's a fun one: Dice up an avocado and mix it with orange slices or small mandarin oranges...it's a great dessert...or snack...or whatever. It's orangey, creamy goodness!

That sounds delicious! Thansk for the idea!