What to make with leftover baked chicken?

Options

Replies

• sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    OMG what cant you do with it? Stir fry, soups, quesadillas, enchiladas, salad, chicken salad, BBQ sandwich, buffalo chicken ect.. Google it darlin!
  • htebaram
    htebaram Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Pick the bones clean and weight out in portions and then freeze. Then when you need chicken again it's there. I use portions with my lettuce salads for work (3 oz.), Makes a healthy and delish salad!
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    lol chicken is soo versatile.. You can pretty much use it in place of another meat.. Or you can throw in in a zip lock bag and throw in your freezer for a day you don't want to spend a while cooking :D
  • Melalina
    Melalina Posts: 26
    Options
    I found a recipe for Light Buffalo Chicken Wraps on Pinterest some time ago. I've made it several times now and I love it! It's 293 calories/wrap (and let me tell you, these are some FULL wraps), but you can save a few more calories by using low-carb, whole wheat tortillas or by skipping the wrap altogether and just serving it in a lettuce leaf.

http://shrinkingkitchen.com/light-buffalo-chicken-wraps/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+ShrinkingKitchen+(Shrinking+Kitchen)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I saw a post on another board where someone made chicken tacos using a lettuce leaf instead of a taco shell. :)
  • princessage117
    princessage117 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hungry girl empanadas, it is basically the pillsbury crossaints stuffed with shredded chicken and salsa. My family loves them, as do I, but I try to only have 2 because of the bread.
  • Suzannejl
    Suzannejl Posts: 212
    Options
    Fried rice is always great w left over veggies and chicken, just use a good healthy whole grain rice, like Basmati.

Us can cut it all up and freeze it for future recipes too.

i.e. soups, chicken salad(south beach phase one has a great recipe!) I love making this one and eating it over a fresh garden tomato with salt n pepper in the summer.

http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-salad-south-beach-friendly-226952
  • meggawatt
    meggawatt Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Chicken enchiladas, skinnytaste has some yummy recipes for low-cal healthy options.
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Chicken salad with low fat mayo or http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/chicken-noodle-hold-soup/. This recipe uses egg noodles that aren't too bad plus you get some veggies in.

No eggs here :( due to food allergies, so mayo doesn't work either.
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com
  • LinzLZ
    LinzLZ Posts: 9
    Options
    Chicken Salad...lowfat mayo, boiled eggs & pickles
  • Notorious_T
    Notorious_T Posts: 384
    Options
    mmm white chicken chili :)
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    http://thefeedingdoctor.com/blog/2010/06/23/easy-leftover-chicken-enchilada-casserole-2/

Enchilada casserole, it's my husband's favorite thing ever. I add sauteed green peppers in the the onion, and frozen corn to up the veggie count.

I usually serve it with a green salad on the side, too.
    Yum, yum, yummy.
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Chicken soup that is heavy on veggies and lower on noodles. Veggies have great flavor, are filling, have tons of fiber and nutrition, and are usually very low in calories for the bulk you get out of them.

As far as noodles and calories, don't be afraid of something just because it has calories, just learn which calories are going to fill you up and satisfy you, and which aren't. I find most white starches go through me like cotton candy, but they work out ok if I am eating good veggies, meats and fats with them.
  • Liasings
    Liasings Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Throw it in a casserole dish with frozen broccoli and cauliflower florets and your fave "cream of" soup. If you don't want the soup, use chicken broth and whatever seasonings you like. If you use chicken broth you can toss in some long grain brown rice, as well.
  • coug3tt3
    coug3tt3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    you can saute it - onions green pepper a bit of olive oil and salt n pepper for taste... YUM
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I would totally do chicken noodle soup. Whole wheat pasta isn't that bad, IMO.

Chicken salad

Shredded chicken + rotel stewed together = great taco / burrito meat

shred it up and use it on sandwiches / wraps as is

make chicken & veggie pizza
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Stir-fry it with some vegetables, serve over rice or pasta if desired.
  • kinsellae
    kinsellae Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    For something easy- nachos. Use mission artisan chips, homemade guacamole, black beans, onion and or green onions, cilantro and your chopped up chicken of course. You really don't need cheese but If you can control it- a little won't hurt