• _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Why would you bump this 5 days later? lol
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

I just came across it and felt like sticking up for guys. um... sorry?
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I did for a while until i got what i ate under control. I dont need to log every time i eat something because i dont want to have to rely on a website to tell me what i can and cannot eat. Everyone should know what is healthy and what is not.

Also not everything you log on here is absolutely correct so therefore what you are reading off of your diary may not be correct. There have been many threads discussing the foods people are logging are not correct.

My 2cents!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Not everyone who joins this site, joins for the same reasons, and not everyone needs to log their food; women and men alike. Are you the food logging police?
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Huh?
  • davegruper
    davegruper Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I log food - and its made all the difference.
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    The same reason I don't log every mathematical problem I solve in real life. I learned how to do it right, so I don't need to write it out anymore. I don't count calories, and all of my food is GOOD. It takes time to log (especially when you cook things and make things from scratch, you can't just enter some store bought item or restaurant food) and I personally get nothing in return from it. So, that's why this guy doesn't log.
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options

I just came across it and felt like sticking up for guys. um... sorry?

Thanks for bumping it.
  • gwduker
    gwduker Posts: 293
    Options
    Why is it that guys join mfp and don't log their food? I think it is hot when a guy shows the dedication and discipline to log his food AND exercise.
    I did today just for you.... :smile:
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    My BF logs 6 days a week, even though he's been at it forever.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I don't log. I just eat and exercise daily.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Not so sure about it being "hot" or me being that either...but I log pretty regularly because I need the accountability.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    lots of people have been doing this for so long that we/they can track in their heads easily- and dont have to log here to know what theyve done for the day and what they still need. Most of my guy friends are this way. At any point in the day I can ask them about how much theyve eaten as far as calories/protein and they can just tell me off-hand.

^^^yep, I have learned enough to not need this site everyday.

I don't log on vacation or weekends because I have learned to do it in my head...Also I'm on vacation so I don't really care what my calories are lol
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    who cares?
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I used to log, but I don't anymore because I don't see it as something I'd do for the rest of my life.

I come to the site to stay motivated. Seeing people with the same goals kind of helps me keep on track.
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I have too many friends on here to watch who is and isn't logging daily and quite honestly, could care less, unless they ask for assistance.

^THIS!

I totally agree, as well!! :):)
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy. I log everyday.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I log. don't know how it's hot but thanks.

Pretty much this. Not sure where this thread is going or why is it existing on the WWW
  • obeserat
    obeserat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Why is it that guys join mfp and don't log their food? I think it is hot when a guy shows the dedication and discipline to log his food AND exercise.

I log all mine and my exercise , I don't have much food to log these days though , doctor told me to cut my calories down to 1200 and not to eat back my exercise calories, so it was a bagel for breakfast , soup and a roll for lunch , still trying to decide what to have with my remaining 462. I'm definitely not hot :).
  • paulvt65
    paulvt65 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I started on here a couple of weeks ago and took a few days to get into the groove but I now log religiously. It helps that my wife is on MFP too!