Stop with your negative posts

Options
I will be honest I come to MFP for the groups and forums. I do not log food or exercise on the site. What I find to be disheartening is the amount of posts bi*ching about others logging things such as housework as exercise. WHY does this irritate so many people?? It doesnt affect your weight loss or even your life in general so what is the problem!!!?? Think about this a person who was say in a wheel chair 2 months ago due to weight issues, if that person got up and swept and mopped their floors you can bet your *kitten* that they have got a workout!! Stop being so negative towards your fellow MFP members!! I dont count housework as my exercise but I also DO NOT get bent out of shape because other people do. Also get over it about closed diaries!!! So people dont want to share every single aspect of their personal weight loss journey.. DEAL WITH IT.

Replies

• angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Anti-judging is the new judging.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options

I'm going to regret posting in this thread and having it show up in "My Topics" forever, but this made me :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mejustsmaller316
    mejustsmaller316 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Amen!
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Oh, yeah! :bigsmile: You stop with your negative posts!
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    And since I've already posted, OP, I do get your point, and I concur. But people are going to be judgmental, and they're going to be outspoken about it. Ignore it, or jump into the fray, but human nature isn't going to change. Just avoid those threads if they bother you, and if a user is continually posting things that anger you, just click the ignore button.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    This made my day <3
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    How I love your post....people on here are miserable...I agree with you 100%
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    -:laugh:
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    why-you-mad-tho.jpg
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

:laugh:

Although it does irritate me when someone logs cleaning or things of that nature I don't comment on it. My saying something doesn't change the way they do it.

What I do struggle with is do you say something to people that are over logging workouts? When you can look at a the "calories burned" for a certain activity and just know it is wayyyyyy over estimated. Is that a time to speak up. Not judgemental but in a trying to help them kind of way?

Maybe that is why people get so worked up :huh:
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I heard you like mudkipz.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    What you perceive to be negative could actually be positive. Are you positive that you are interpreting EVERYTHING you read as negative?
  • nelsoji
    nelsoji Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    How I love your post....people on here are miserable...I agree with you 100%

SOME people here are miserable - but there are a great many more who are fun and really here for the benefits a site like this can provide.

I am here for the girls - but you know - most are here for better reasons than that :-)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

Exactly.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.. This is a public forum.. which means any kind of person can come here.. and you included OP. Your entitled to your opinion while others are entitled to theirs.. and if you don't like it, then stay off the message boards. Not every person is going to rainbows and roses and suzy sunshines.. and you can't expect them to be.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Oh, and since you use this for a social site, when it's a fitness site...
    DEAL WITH IT.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I will be honest I come to MFP for the groups and forums. I do not log food or exercise on the site.

that's pretty bass-ackwards
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    :huh: I always love a negative post about a negative post
  • cdnmom1
    cdnmom1 Posts: 27
    Options
    I agree! If they over estimate the amount of calories they burn thats ok....my walk is my walk...their walk is theirs. I don't log every piece of gum, lifesaver, etc. I pop in my mouth. I'm sure I under estimate my intakes. Worry about your own stuff and let them worry about their stuff.
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    different strokes for different folks...lets just all play nice :tongue: lol
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    What you perceive to be negative could actually be positive. Are you positive that you are interpreting EVERYTHING you read as negative?

You are my favorite.