Can you make exercise fun?

Options
2»

Replies

• Living4Liz2012
    Options
    Include my family

Weekends we go to the park and play basketball, and football..yup I play with the guys, and can keep up...lol:)
    Music helps, and just putting a twist onto different exercises always gets me hype!!!!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I do workout classes and I LOVE them. I never HAVE to go, because I always WANT to go.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Walk alot, Zumba, Strength Train, Hike. I like to exercise. It is fun! And feels good to do it! Good job with the roller blading!
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I love taking classes, exercising with people, and biking. I listen to music too and it REALLY helps. :)
    Mix it up too! Join a gym where you can take lots of classes for no extra fee and take all yoga and pilates one week, lifting the next, and kickboxing the next ;) I just got a membership myself and it's pretty awesome!

Also, do what's comfy. Just because everyone and their mom is getting into running 5k's, doesn't mean you have to. If you prefer roller skating on bike trails instead, do that!! My opinion is that if you love an activity, you're going to keep that up much better than putting minimum effort into something you hate. Make it into a stress-free and lovely environment, something you can release stress with!
  • goodbyerachel
    Options
    I love doing Zumba, Yoga (have you tried SUP Yoga! So much fun!), Blogilates.com.
    The easiest for me though is running on an elliptical or treadmill, when I do those I watch episodes of the Biggest Loser which takes my mind off the running but is also super motivational (If Jillian and Bob are yelling at the contestants to go faster, I should too!)
  • jelias1
    jelias1 Posts: 97
    Options
    Recently became healthy enough to try Kendo or swordsmanship at a local martial arts school near me.

Nothing like swinging bamboo shinai at others and bringing back childhood memories of stick fights lol.

Working up a sweat and not actually feeling the time go by.
  • andymf85
    andymf85 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Basketball, soccer, and tennis are all great ways. You're constantly moving, your mind is focused on the game aspect, you're having to coordinate with teammates, your competitive spirit takes over... of course they all involve getting a group together.

Often times I'll just shoot around a basketball by myself... if you hustle to rebound every miss, maybe making a game of shooting from where you get the ball (added incentive to hustle), and constantly switch things up (some jumpshots, some basket attacks, some post-ups, and always go for put-backs on misses), you'll get a great, and fun, workout.
  • Sdewhizzle
    Sdewhizzle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I LOVE skating! I used to be a roller derby girl.

I've been doing pole fitness for about two months now. I have a pole at home so I just blast some tunes and get to it. Excellent cardio and strength building!
  • paula1960
    paula1960 Posts: 3
    Options
    I do walk away the pounds. 2, 3, or 4 mile walk. It's fun and easy but a good workout.:smile:
  • MrsFierce
    MrsFierce Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Zumba is probably the most fun I have had exercising. You burn calories quickly and the latin beats are amazing. I know alot of fitness centers have zumba classes, however, I have a zumba game for my kinect so I can do it at home. Basically when in doubt shake something girl!
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm very competitive but I hate team sports so I take a lot of fitness classes. I wouldn't say it makes it fun but it pushes me.