Do you eat low carb?

Options

Replies

• Stepmom1
    Stepmom1 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Well, it depends on the phase I am on my exercise. I am right now at a 40% Protein, 40% Carb and 20% Fat,
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    How many of you eat low carb?

Yes, started out on Atkins, but after a bad car accident in 2008 my Dr suggested Paleo for healing the body. I started reading and learning and now developing my lifestyle.
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I have horrible computer etiquette. I have a glorious thing called carb Friday where I allow myself to eat rice and pasta. (I work at a sushi bar, do you know how hard that is?!) lol
    Also can be called a refeed (a period during dieting where you overfeed with lots of carbs). It can be beneficial in certain contexts.
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I eat >20g of carbs per day for medical reasons :)

I eat 60-70% fat most days 30-40% Protien rest in carbs usually from veggies. I might once in a while give myself an oz of chocolate if i been really good ;)
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I eat low carb most days.
  • aleexFIT
    aleexFIT Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    No. I eat ~200g a day, it hasn't hindered my weight loss in any way, I have just learnt to go for the nicer carbs eg potatoes, wholemeal pasta, wholemeal bread etc.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    ~175-225g/day when cutting. All kinds of different sources. Breads, pastas, veggies, fruit, etc etc.
  • Taheetee
    Taheetee Posts: 10
    Options
    Absolutely not, lol! I know a lot of people really like it, but my husband and I tried it recently and I was so grumpy and distracted that my husband was practically shoving bread and Snickers bars at me, lol! I'm just learning to really pay attention to how I feel when I eat (been a mindless eater for some time, hence my extra 40+ pounds) and only eat enough to feel nourished, not stuffed
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I have horrible computer etiquette. I have a glorious thing called carb Friday where I allow myself to eat rice and pasta. (I work at a sushi bar, do you know how hard that is?!) lol

Sushi is my vice!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    <75 net per day. Eat mostly only veggies with one serving fruit and sometimes a corn tortilla or two (16 grams carbs for 2). I have been at it for 7 months. Lowered my blood sugar and lost almost 100 lbs (well the calorie deficit and exercise helped with that too).
  • tremilla
    tremilla Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I currently started eating whole wheat bread. I still havent made the switch to brown rice. What would be a typical low carb meal/diet? And what can replace bread, rice, and pasta with?
  • Alex729
    Alex729 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i like to say I do.

but when I look at my diary, I certainly do not.

grumble. grumble.

Dang it. Me too!
  • julienib
    julienib Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Me!
    20lbs down and looking better than I have in YEARS. Carbs are my own personal devil.

no grains and no sugars...I haven't totally cut out artificial sweeteners yet, but my cravings for bread and sweets are effectively GONE.
  • LSC77
    LSC77 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I kinda of eat low carb. We do all whole wheat items. I try to eat a well balanced diet. 2 cups of fruit a day, 3-4 cups of vegetables and 5 oz of protein a day etc. I think not eating as much processed foods (sodium) has been the best for me. Also no Mt Dew in 19 weeks.
  • fatchiick
    fatchiick Posts: 105
    Options
    I don't but have before. Although I have never been back to my initial weight... I had a lot of problems I ended up having my gallbladder removed, my hair fell out, I had to do refeeds every month just to.lose a few pounds.... id only do moderate carb with No forced ketosis and Not high fat....

for those asking about fiber many low carbers use milk thistle and just about every faux bread, tortilla, etc is loaded with fiber...
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I try to but I bring frozen meals for work because theyre the most convenient for me which ups my carbs significantly. Every meal I eat though I do low carb, as a carbaholic its a change that was necessary for me.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I eat >20g of carbs per day for medical reasons :)

I eat 60-70% fat most days 30-40% Protien rest in carbs usually from veggies. I might once in a while give myself an oz of chocolate if i been really good ;)

You mean <20g
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    if I did low carb Id have no energy at all I eat lots of fruit and salad some bread,just no junk at all.Personally if I avoid sugar mixed with butter for example cakes biscuits ect I do fine,I think this is one of the biggest problems in our diet when you mix fat with sugar Im no doctor its just my personal observsation,if most of your food is unprocessed natural and stick to reasonable calorie limits you will do ok! Also protein at every meal will keep your energy levels up!
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    if I did low carb Id have no energy at all I eat lots of fruit and salad some bread,just no junk at all.Personally if I avoid sugar mixed with butter for example cakes biscuits ect I do fine,I think this is one of the biggest problems in our diet when you mix fat with sugar Im no doctor its just my personal observsation,if most of your food is unprocessed natural and stick to reasonable calorie limits you will do ok! Also protein at every meal will keep your energy levels up!
    How many grams of carbs do you eat?
  • RetroGlitzDiva
    RetroGlitzDiva Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I try to shoot for 50 net carbs a day unless it's a workout day and then I just try to keep my total count under 100 g