Need suggestions please Ice Cream is my weakness

Options
I have yogurt and cottage cheese. But I eat ice cream every day. I need an alternative PLEASE help me! Ice cream is my comfort food!:frown:

Replies

• kaylarachellee
    kaylarachellee Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You should freeze light yoplait yogurt so yummy and only 100 calories! Or frozen berries!!
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    I just found this stuff called Arctic Zero... They sell it at Fairway, Kings and a couple other places (You can check on their website). But the ENTIRE pint of "ice cream" is only 150 calories! And they have like 5 or 6 flavors. Vanilla maple is my favorite. With a little bit of whipped cream and cinnamon yummmm.
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    by the slow churned ice cream. Tastes good with a lot less calories :wink:
  • maria120608
    Options
    Try one that has no sugar added and lower caloires Bluebell makes a great vanilla
  • mpankratz79
    mpankratz79 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have been placing "go-gurt" in the freezer. 100 cals of frozen yogurt. It seems to be doing the trick for me....but i do miss BEN and JERRY'S Ice cream.
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    Options
    Half freeze some greek yoghurt and mix, it's not ice cream but it can definitely help some cravings. Or you could freeze and chopped banana, mash it up and it's awesome!
  • Cupcake1015
    Cupcake1015 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    some brands make light ice cream. I've tried Dreyer's (Edy's) Slow Churned and it is delicious! most flavors have about 130 cals and 4 grams of fat per 1/2 cup. not too bad for a treat!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    could you budget for it? I find it easier to stay on plan knowing there is a scoop of real ice cream at the end of the day.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Would fudge bars do the trick for you? I get 100 calorie low fat fudge bars that zap my ice cream cravings in a jiff :)
  • kaylarachellee
    kaylarachellee Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    coconut milk ice cream too!
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    You should freeze light yoplait yogurt so yummy and only 100 calories! Or frozen berries!!

Was going to suggest this! Also, they have those mousse/yogurt things if you are more in the mood for chocolate... delicious frozen! :)
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Freeze ripe bananas, blitz with a bit of milk and cocoa. And there you go! Chocolate and banana icecream, soo yum and sweet. I add berries instead of chocolate sometimes too.
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Sorbet is my new best friend - it is about 70 cal for a reasonably-sized serving.
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    I have been placing "go-gurt" in the freezer. 100 cals of frozen yogurt. It seems to be doing the trick for me....but i do miss BEN and JERRY'S Ice cream.

This too!!! SOOOO yummy :)
  • ashbee03
    ashbee03 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    i eat frozen yogurt.
    just like ice cream.
    but healthier ...

you can get it in a bunch of different flavors.
  • AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Frozen yogurt or sherbert can be a lower-calorie alternative. I love frozen greek yogurt! And use homemade fruit jam as a topping (but don'[t add sugar - just puree some fruits!) Also - there are vegan ice-creams that are dairy free and lower in calories and fat that traditional ice cream.
  • Gergal73
    Gergal73 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Look up the Yonana machine. It's pretty amazing. All you use is a frozen banana and any other frozen fruit, put it through the machine and then mix it together. The result looks and tastes like ice cream. Amazon has the machine for about 50 bucks. Well worth the money in my opinion. :smile:
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I hate ice cream, so I'd recommend popping bananas in a VITAMIX.

Or buy Diana's Banana Babies ~ Chocolate covered banana halves. 130 calories each.
  • rubystemkowski
    rubystemkowski Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Chapman's frozen yogurt is great! They have so many different selections and the taste is not comprimised!
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow makes amazing ice cream sandwiched and mini ice cream cups....around 160 calories with a fair bit of fiber in the sandwiches.....check those out....I used to eat those when I needed a sweet ice cream treat.....they taste great and are much better than ice cream. And the sandwiches are HUGE!