Need suggestions please Ice Cream is my weakness

Replies

• lissymae11
    lissymae11 Posts: 71
    Someone already mentioned this, but frozen yoplait whips yogurts are delicious! Also, I used to eat just frozen blueberries out of a cup. You could put some whipped cream or cool whip on it (not the healthiest, but i'm sure it's better than just eating the ice cream) Some people thought it was weird, but I loved it!
  • spankywife
    spankywife Posts: 40 Member
    Look up the Yonana machine. It's pretty amazing. All you use is a frozen banana and any other frozen fruit, put it through the machine and then mix it together. The result looks and tastes like ice cream. Amazon has the machine for about 50 bucks. Well worth the money in my opinion. :smile:

A friend just got a Yonana machine and we got to sample it. Oh my...it tasted like real ice cream but so much healthier. It totally satisfied my ice cream cravings. Now I just need to buy one for myself. :)
  • What about popsicles? I love chocolate ice cream so I went for a big box of chocolate popsicles. Only 70 calories and I still get the cold chocolateyness :)
  • robinxhope
    robinxhope Posts: 125 Member
    Fake Ice cream. Recipe modified from Dr. Fuhrman.

In a blender place:
    2 frozen bananas (more ripe)
    4 frozen strawberries or fruit of your choice
    1 tablespoon of vanilla
    1/4 cup water or milk (I use almond or coconut milk)

Optional extras:
    Coco powder
    nutmeg
    almond flavour

I think that makes about 4 servings but I'm not completely sure. If you make it with water I believe it's less then 100 calories per serving. Something like 75. Hope this helps! It's pretty yummy and packed with nutrients too!
  • bailyc
    bailyc Posts: 57 Member
    Peel and freeze a banana then blend it with a splash of milk. you could also add a little coco if you wanted. I love the banana by itself though. It has a very creamy, icecream-ish texture.
  • Susabelle64
    Susabelle64 Posts: 207 Member
    I would just budget it.......I love ice cream and that is my dessert most nights..........I just have to be reasonable and not eat more than my allotted serving........

Edited for spelling: desert-dessert......always messes me up!
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    try making a frozen smoothie
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    I would just budget it.......I love ice cream and that is my desert most nights..........I just have to be reasonable and not eat more than my allotted serving........

thank you. this is the correct answer. eat what you want. want ice cream? eat it. budget it in and enjoy. there's no reason to eat these fake 'ice creams' or concoct some sort of substitute. want ice cream? fine. it's awesome. I want it, too. but I'm confused as to what the issue is.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    I eat ice cream more days than not - I just plan for the indulgence and make sure it fits in my macros/calories.
  • wingednotes
    wingednotes Posts: 279
    maybe Sherbet to substitute sometimes?
  • amkelley
    amkelley Posts: 81
    Mine too- LOVE ice cream!! I have bought skinny cow ice creams...very delicious!!! And usually only around 100 calories. There are also those little cups of ice cream that are only 100 calories. I also buy frozen yogurt a lot and sherbert and both seem to satisfy my ice cream craving! I also make milkshakes with bananas and strawberries, etc and they also do the trick!
  • 720Jackie
    720Jackie Posts: 1
    I went to fudgesicles. They are very satisfying and only 90 calories.
  • 8mae8
    8mae8 Posts: 4 Member
    I am a big fan of ice cream too, nothing like a cold treat at the end of a really long day :)
    I usually buy whatever low-fat/fat-free options are on sale like Weight watchers or Skinny Cow. (They can be pricey but just gotta watch for the sales). The WW small fudge pops are 45 cals each, so when the ice cream munchies get strong I can have two and still be under 100 calories.
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    Make a budget for it if you must have it. Try frozen fruit bars, frozen yogurt, skinnycow makes yummy treats, and many of the other kinds have natural ice creams that (as long as you measure it out) are great to satisfy the craving. If you start eating less sugar and processed foods, you may also see that your craving for ice cream will go down over time. Good luck :smile:
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Skinny cow does it for me. I love the mint icecream sandwhiches.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches are only 140 calories.
    Freeze yogurt
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    My name is Denise, too!!

I bought Vanilla Frozen Yogurt (Bunny brand) for a smoothie recipe. I also had some mandarin oranges. I was hungry, I needed more calories so I decided to peel and separate two mandarin oranges and added it to my 1/2 cup of frozen yogurt. It was SO good.
  • lsharidull
    lsharidull Posts: 3 Member
    Does the Arctic Zero actually taste ice cream-like? I saw it at the Kroger I work at the other day and have been wondering about it. The only thing is that it's like 5 bucks a pint! Would be worth it though since it would probably last me like 2 weeks. I don't crave ice cream that often thankfully :)
  • amity9903
    amity9903 Posts: 1
    I'm not a fan of the Arctic Zero but every one has different taste.

I really like the Smart Ones little desserts. They give me just the creaminess and sweetness I need when a craving hits!
  • denisedavis001
    denisedavis001 Posts: 5 Member
    great suggestion I love fudge bars thank you so much:laugh: