fashion faux pas

Options
124»

Replies

• ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    what do you gals all wear to not have the panty line? i mean even hosiery doesn't really get rid of this when you wear skirts and slacks and stuff...

plus. there is nothing wrong with jeans and flops!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Skinny jeans on men. Sagging them just makes it so much worse.
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    what do you gals all wear to not have the panty line? i mean even hosiery doesn't really get rid of this when you wear skirts and slacks and stuff...

plus. there is nothing wrong with jeans and flops!

Sometimes what is underneath isn't the problem. VPL can be caused by pants being stretched too tight across the rear.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options

Seamless panties are the way to go. I have them in every cut and color. Victoria's secret
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options

THIS
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Guys wearing jeans down past their *kitten* with their shiney boxers hanging out ... Wtf ??

I don't understand anything about this-- shiny boxers or no. I particularly love it when I see a guy walking around with a fistful of his waistband just to keep his pants up. Doesn't anyone think that might be a little too much work for a style that looks ridiculous in the first place?? You're not gonna need that hand for anything else while you're out?

Someone already mentioned the perils of the Juniors section... but it hurts my heart when I see otherwise attractive, shapely young ladies who have clearly refused to give up their high school wardrobes. Why are you wearing a bunch of obviously too-small clothing when you have a lovely figure and would look fantastic if you just went shopping!? I want to introduce them to the grown-up clothes. I worked with one of these... we finally had an intervention. (She's much happier and looks so pretty!)

I hate when women leave the tags on their Coach purses as much as the stickers on baseball caps. I don't care that they're made of leather, they're still tags!

I'm not a fan of clothing that exhibits a giant logo. So.. you're paying them to advertise for them? I don't get it.
  • jporte
    jporte Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This may have been mentioned before but I can't stand it when guys wear their jeans so low you can see their underwear....a few times I wanted to come up to them and pull them down.

Also I can't stand seeing anyone with tight shirts across their bellies it makes them look bigger than they are I think.
  • yogsvr4
    yogsvr4 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Welding gloves after labor day.

:laugh:
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    The people bashing sandals with jeans have obviously never been to Seattle. It's a fashion requirement secondary only to socks and sandals (and damn comfy to boot...sock with jeans, that is, not socks with sandals).

Seriously, though, I don't really give a crap what anyone else is wearing, as long as they're enjoying it. I wear what's comfy, with a geeky flair (read: nerdy t-shirts).

I'm from Seattle but living in LA now. I always wear sandals with jeans. It never occurred to me that it's a fashion crime. I think it's hot when a guy has on sandals, jeans and a hoody. So comfy!

I commit many of these no no's but I don't care, however I do agree with the visible panty lines and leggings as pants. I've seen so many girls with thin, black leggings and short shirts. Not cute.

On my phone sorry for any typos.
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options

THIS

I second this^ *GAG* I don't by any means like baggy but relaxed fit or even Wrangler butts drive me nuts ;)
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I HATE seeing sagging pants. Pull them up because you look STUPID.

Panty hose with open toe shoes

Jeans that are so tight, you have a muffin top.

Camel toes

Guys wearing super straight jeans

Leggins as pants and the top doesn't cover your butt

I hate hate hate open toe ankle boots.
  • bigpenguin570
    bigpenguin570 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    - muffin top
    - whale tail
    - and my personal favorite, camel toe or moose knuckle blah!!!
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Flip-flops with jeans never seemed right to me.

turtlenecks in general/

Haha- I live in jeans and flip flops during the spring :-P
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    my entire wardrobe is a fashion faux pas... I am really the worst girl in the history of girls when it comes to fashion lol
  • twiztid_princess
    Options
    I wear what I enjoy wearing. I don't care about what's 'flattering'. I proudly wear leggings as pants under a long shirt.
    Different things are appealing to different people. There's really no need to waste your time being judgmental of someone's fashion choices just because it's not your cup of tea.

Amen!!! That is me.. my average wardrobe is jeans or yoga pants, flip flops or my doc martins, and a tank top (if its cool than a hoodie).. If i like i will wear and if someone doesnt like it or is offended then opps sucks to be them.. lol.. I so want a pair of super furry uggs.. :)
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    1) Leaving that stupid gold sticker on your hat...

hat.jpg

My kids make me crazy doing this! I asked them why they did it and they "Cuz, it's what you do" once they told me it was so everyone knew it was "authentic" I was like WTH?! It's a freaking hat...but if that's one of the weirdest/dumb things they do then I think I'm doing pretty good with them, lol
  • MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    UGG's are wrong any place in life. Someday we will all look back and laugh at these...I will be first in line when the time comes.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Pants with words across the butt.
    Button-up tops that are too tight and create gaps between the buttons.
    Tiny tank tops on large-breasted women. Cover it up.
    Dirty shoes.
    Almost everything business casual. Blahblahblahblahblaaaaaaaah, I hate it. I refuse to wear that stuffy crap. I feel sorry for people who have to wear business casual to work.
    Disney characters on grown-*kitten* people. I can't stand seeing women in their 30's and 40's with Tinkerbell purses.
    Gawdy Texas-style jeweled purses with dangly things hanging off of every zipper.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Pants with words across the butt.
    Tiny tank tops on large-breasted women. Cover it up.
    Disney characters on grown-*kitten* people. I can't stand seeing women in their 30's and 40's with Tinkerbell purses.

Agreed. I also freaking hate those damn "gladiator sandals". They're ridiculous and almost every single one I've ever seen is hideously UGLY. I must say, though, it was absolutely hysterical to watch a bunch of women walking around the Colosseum in gladiator sandals.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    - if you are wearing a white shirt and you dont want your bra to be visible, wear a bra that matches your skin tone! for us white girls, that would mean wear a nude/beige bra. a white bra is ~not~ the proper choice! (of course, im the type of girl who will wear a black bra under my white shirts, but thats what im going for)

Haha yes. I don't get why people don't think the white will be seen through...

What I hate:
    Crocs
    Gauchos