My First 5k Obstacle/Mud Run & 80lbs Lost – Lots of Pics

Options

Replies

• soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Great inspiration and great success! Congrats!
  • sarah_boombah
    sarah_boombah Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You have done amazing!!! Well done you! :happy:
  • latinahada
    latinahada Posts: 168
    Options
    You are AWESOME!!!! And you look amazing by the way :smile:
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!!
  • luvsherhubby
    luvsherhubby Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    wow!! You look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job and what wonderful results!!! I too just ran my first 5k which happened to be a mud/obstacle run too! :) I agree that I should have done a regular race too! I had a blast though but didnt place!!! I cant believe you kept running with a broken foot!! So sorry that happened!
  • pinkpolkadots25
    pinkpolkadots25 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You look amazing!!!!
  • chandra38
    chandra38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Go Texas! You look amazing girl! Nice job! Hope your fracture heals quick! Hook em horns!
  • luvsdeals
    luvsdeals Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Way to go--on all of it--The weight loss, the race, the results--awesome job!

(And thanks for the tips--I'm doing my first race--also a mud run in a week and a half and wouldn't have thought about duct tape and high socks. Where'd you get the cute socks?)
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options

(And thanks for the tips--I'm doing my first race--also a mud run in a week and a half and wouldn't have thought about duct tape and high socks. Where'd you get the cute socks?)
    [/quote

Thy were at ****s and are made by reebok!!!
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Your quads look awesome!! Way to go!!

Funny you mention that. I HATE my quads. They are big and my trouble spot. I posted not long ago about my bulky quads and got all the standard responses - you are a girl and can't have bulky anything, you are fat not bulky, you can't get bulky quads while eating at a deficit, blah blah.

They are so wrong, I have bulky man quads and hate them. I guess I have to embrace them. You can see them really bad on the last pic where my leg is flexed because I am on my tippy toes, my shoes were muddy and nasty. Ugg I hate my quads but they are rock hard which is better than flab i guess.

dude they look sexy its the first thing i noticed and thought... doing my first mud run in AUG so happy I got the duct tape trick! lol and knee pads now! =)
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Options

[/quote

Thy were at ****s and are made by reebok!!!

I guess it thought I was saying a bad word. I got them from a sporting goods store that sounds like Ricks but with a "D" and are made by Reebok.
  • labtracks
    labtracks Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! My sister-in-law just did a mud run and had a blast too. I myself just started trying to run this week. Luckily with a friend, but so far it pretty much sucks and makes me sore. Everyone says it gets better so I'll just keep trying I guess. This is exactly why I browse posts, to be inspired ... and you definitely have succeeded in inspiring me. Thanks!
  • jgondor
    jgondor Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    you look great! congrats!
  • chrystee
    chrystee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I just did the warrior dash.. sorry about your foot, but it was fun, huh?
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Options
    Awesome. I just did the warrior dash.. sorry about your foot, but it was fun, huh?

Oh Yes, I am addicted now! I can't wait to do the warrior dash when it comes back to town. Hopefully I will be healed up and ready to go by then!! My next mud/obstacle run I have registered for is in Sept. Have fun!!
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Options
    So inspiring! My sister-in-law just did a mud run and had a blast too. I myself just started trying to run this week. Luckily with a friend, but so far it pretty much sucks and makes me sore. Everyone says it gets better so I'll just keep trying I guess. This is exactly why I browse posts, to be inspired ... and you definitely have succeeded in inspiring me. Thanks!

You are so sweet. Just keep at it, I hate to run even now. The first 10 minutes are the hardest then you just turn to auto mode and can run forever. For me, it is all a mind game, I get bored easily and have to tell myself, you are not going to stop. I have found that jog/run intervals (5.5mph & 7.0mph) really help me to keep from getting bored going at one pace for long distances and they help increase your speed. Also, make sure you have some good tunes going. You will be a running machine before you know it!
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Congratulations!! I don't know about a Mud run, but cant wait to do my first 5k :)
  • 140Aimee
    140Aimee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congrats! you look amazing!!! :)
  • Lilsluvsliverpool
    Options
    Love the story, wow you look awesome and congrats on the great time at the race. I am running a 5K near end of July called Warrior Dash, I am doing it with a group. I will duct tape the shoes. :) I have been doing the C25K and some other training as well. I can't wait and a wee bit scared too.
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! I am doing my first mud run in Portland in July---- Any tips?!?

Yes, here are a few.

Don't worry what you look like before the race, you will be trashed after. With that said wear knee pads, tall socks, duct tape your shoes on and something to keep your hair out of your face. In your bag pack wet wipes, a towel and face clenser wipes, a change of clothes and dry shoes. Enjoy it, it is a blast. I wore my HRM to help keep me at a pace I could maintain the whole race and that helped me to not get caught up in the rush. I was able to maintain my pace and ended up passing the quick starters in the 3/4 of the race.

Hey, I'm doing my tough mudder next month in So Cal running springs! How did not get your HRM for not getting wet??? Any mire advice besides those u just wrote? Did u train for your mudder? I'm just doing Insanity and Kettle Bell training ... is that good enough? I know they say its a lit of upper strength! !! Thax
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!