Need suggestions please Ice Cream is my weakness

Options

Replies

• Tippismom
    Tippismom Posts: 10
    Options
    Skinny cow is not Ben & Jerrys but will do to satisfy the craving I like the Ice cream Sandwich, Also weight watchers have some pretty good Ice cream deserts too. My down fall is salty things.
  • WestchesterKB
    WestchesterKB Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I find coconut milk ice cream to be a good alternative. So Delicious makes a healthy alternative and its dairy free. I am surprised what grocery stores are carrying it.

http://www.turtlemountain.com/
  • danahake
    danahake Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    YOU can have ice cream. there are tons of option. YOu need to look for sugar free and reduced fat. there are ice cream sandwiches that have 110 cals and no sugar and are good an inexpensive and not midget size! skinny cow ice cream also awesome. just watch your sugar.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Check out "skinny cow" ice cream bars. Way too good for me! I really love frozen fruit. Bananas frozen whole and then eaten as its barely thawed is really yummy. I'm finding out that real ice cream upsets my stomach, now. It probably did before, too, but I always ate crap. Now we like frozen yogurt much better. I prefer it! Ice cream is always dissapointing, now. Even to my 11 yr old! The less sugar and fat versions are obviously better for you. But if you can sort of wean down on them you can get it more and more healthy choices going in the right direction. Read the lables and pick the least fat and sugar. Sherbert is already less calories, if you like that.
  • Tippismom
    Tippismom Posts: 10
    Options
    could you budget for it? I find it easier to stay on plan knowing there is a scoop of real ice cream at the end of the day.

To control the serving size you could get the little snack size only 150 cal for a 1/2 cup serving.
  • BibiFit03
    BibiFit03 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    40 cal fudgsicles are my friend!
  • mrsmorgan85
    Options
    I strongly recommend sherbt. It has far less calories and fat then ice cream and it contains fruit!
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Not sure if anyone has typed this or not

if you have an icecrema maker ths is perfect. make your own! this site has over 100 protien icecream recipes from pina colada to coconut margherita...

I eat it everyday, as a meal.. not a treat, so beat that!

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2008/08/protein-ice-cream.html
  • Bug207
    Bug207 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Crystal light home-made popsicles or frozen Chobani yogurts are my substitutes for ice cream.
  • mandypooh2103
    mandypooh2103 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Try one that has no sugar added and lower caloires Bluebell makes a great vanilla
    Oh really....shld not have said that b/c Blue Bell is my weakness but i have done great so far but I will def... try this thx as well
  • brittnyek
    brittnyek Posts: 1
    Options
    I too have a weakness for ice cream. I have been doing the weight watchers mini cones and bars for 90-100 calories. They USUALLY hit the spot. Other times, I make sure I am really good all day and have a kid size cone from my favorite shoppe. Totally worth every last bite.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    I make my own. Make smoothies and make extra freeze it and thats my ice cream.

Also if you dont want to wait use frozen fruit instead of ice in the smoothie. Mine is cold enough and thick enough the smoothie itself take like a really think milk shake.
  • tigjer
    tigjer Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Freeze ripe bananas, blitz with a bit of milk and cocoa. And there you go! Chocolate and banana icecream, soo yum and sweet. I add berries instead of chocolate sometimes too.

This is my newest OBSESSION! Its so amazing!!!!!
  • trecorder
    trecorder Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just found this stuff called Arctic Zero... They sell it at Fairway, Kings and a couple other places (You can check on their website). But the ENTIRE pint of "ice cream" is only 150 calories! And they have like 5 or 6 flavors. Vanilla maple is my favorite. With a little bit of whipped cream and cinnamon yummmm.

Artic Zero ROCKS!!! I just found the cookies and cream flavor the other day... It is also tasty... I'm not a huge fan of the chocolate peanut butter one though... even though normally i'm a HUGE chocolate pb fan!! :)

I also bought a Cuisenart ice cream maker from Goodwill ($10 bucks) and make sugar free pudding (just add 3 cups of skim milk instead of 2) and dump it in the ice cream maker... let it freeze for about 30 minutes and viola! Instant low calorie frozen snack!
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Bump... me too!
  • Jalare
    Jalare Posts: 103
    Options
    If you can afford the calories (140 to 190), Blue Bunny Personals, Sweet Freedom or Frozen Yogurt are really good. It keeps your servings under control.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Sugar free turkey hill vanilla is 70 calories.........but be careful. Ice cream is tricky to measure........
    My wife has many a times sat down wit a pint of Ben and Jerrys, and then she hits the bottom..........1200 calories later..............

Also, since i didn't see it mentioned. Keeping a "comfort food" is probably not a good idea. If you like it you like it, plan for it, and enjoy it. But eating as a comfort is what landed many of us here in the first place..........I know it was a big part of my weight gain, being unhappy and picking up a box of cheese its and a couple beers..............and boom..........1500 calories in an hour..........
  • trecorder
    trecorder Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    you are my new best friend!! thanks for the link! :)

Oops that was to taxidermist15 for the protein ice cream link recipe site!
  • mtarika
    mtarika Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Buy an ice cream machine and make your own from scratch using healthy alternatives as ingredients. Because it will take so long to make, your cravings will probably subside before you are able to eat it. Good luck!
  • dncase78
    dncase78 Posts: 4
    Options
    I always have sugar free fudgicles in my freezer. 40 calories per pop!