Any overnighters or night owls around?

Options

Replies

• mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I am a nurse too....wooohoo...tonight I got pulled to a cardiac unit, my normal unit is cancer.
  • Bub1971
    Bub1971 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah work in a prison definetly a night owl lol.
  • dannyell02
    dannyell02 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am a nursing assisant I work 3 12 hour shifts per week and i work at a restaurant ing the moring 3 days a week. Im finding it hard to stay under my poits. I go over alot! Im trying to lose my stomach and arms. it is hard!!!!
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/619706-official-nightshift-thread?page=10#posts-8975537

come on over ...

all the nightshifters gather here....^^^^^^

:bigsmile:
  • Sandrad509
    Sandrad509 Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm a nursing supervisor that also that works overnights. But I also work 12 hour days every other weekend then 12 hour night throughout the weeks. So I'm really mixed up. The hardest part I found was where the meal at night fits. My meals run from 7am-7am on the days I work. That way I get my three meals a day in. Feel free to add me!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'm a 3rd shift nurse works full time. feel free to add me :)
  • deedog007
    deedog007 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    How about All-nighters.....olol
  • tehpounce
    tehpounce Posts: 64
    Options
    Nigh shifter here. I'm at work now and tonight is going by especially slow. My days run from 4pm-7am normally.
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Just stayed up to finish Act 3 of Diablo 3 lol

It wouldnt be so bad except I was up at 4:30am yesterday and worked a 12 hour shift!

Epic game though, very deserving of my lack of sleep

Gnight all haha
  • julesw734
    julesw734 Posts: 100
    Options
    Hi, welcome to the board.. I am still fairly new to this group, but I am also a night shift type person.. My husband when he is home works until 1 to 2 am in the morning and usually we do not go to bed till 4 or 430, but I also have asonmia so I always wake up at 7 30 to 8 am. I have always been this way even when I worked which was always a day shift which started 7 am.. The only big problem is the I snack late at night. I know I shouldnt feel it is a problem cause I do not go over my calorie intake.. Good luck acheiving all your goals..
  • divalivious
    divalivious Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I work night shift too.

For me the worst part of night shift is the eating. Trying to figure out when to eat since your not on a normal persons routine but found that tracking my food helped me hugely. Realized that even though my body was working nights, my mind was stuck on a "normal" persons eating schedule and missing meals which had me snacking like crazy and making horrible food decisions out of hunger.
    Anyone feel free to add :)
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I am not an overnighter, but I have overnighter tendancies due to insomnia and a general rut I can get into after having lived an overnighter lifestyle a couple of years ago. I'm fairly new to posting at night - I've only done it a handful of times. But I do read the boards! :)
  • optimistic101
    optimistic101 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hi Scott,
    i work 12 hr shifts rotating nights/days, it plays havoc with an eating plan !!!
    night shifts and weekend day shifts are the worst, its far to easy to snack on rubbish when bored.
    good luck on yur journey, feel free to add as friend :-)
  • gizziemonkey
    gizziemonkey Posts: 451
    Options
    I also work overnights....generally 11 pm to 7 am. I'm a substance abuse counselor working in a residential rehab for adolescents. I'm on and off here throughout the shift. I have been working overnight for 14 years now and it has become a lifestyle change (much like my weight loss journey). I can relate to the off eating times, but I have learned to plug in foods where they make more sense, as what is really important is that you are documenting all your food in a 24 hr period...not what or when your typical breakfast, lunch, or dinner takes place. Feel free to add me
  • MIssnewme9211
    MIssnewme9211 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    YES I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND!!! NIGHTSHIFTER HERE!!!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I'm at work right now!

There's also a group for overnight workers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/508-night-crawlers
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    I'm a nightshifter. I work overnights in a group home for adults with developemental disabilities (in fact I get most of my time on this site while I'm here at work lol). Feel free to add me, would be great to have more friends who are on the same shift.
  • peles_fire
    peles_fire Posts: 501
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey! I am sort of a night owl, really an early, EARLY morning gal. I get up at 1:30 a.m. and to to bed around 5:30 p.m. There are some crazy schedules in these replies!

OP Sounds like you have some very reasonable goals and that you have a good handle on how to begin your journey. I will look forward to watching you shrink! :)