40lbs + to lose before Christmas...thats right, I said it!

Options

Replies

• sweiland1
    sweiland1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Add me too please!!! I would love to lose 40+ by Christmas.
  • lalalee13
    lalalee13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yes! Please add me :)
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Yes! Just sent an FR! Would love to lose 40 by Christmas! :)
  • StartingOver4Me
    Options
    I would LOVE to lose 40 by Christmas!!!!! I have been looking for people like you all!! Please send me an invite!
  • jedw31
    jedw31 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Me too, I've lost 29 so far and would love to lose another 40 by christmas.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I've lost 61lbs in 6 months, I'd love to do that again by Christmas, I'd be at my UGW if I did, all feel free to add me. I'm on day 206 of continuous logging :smile:
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Christmas is a great motivator for me. I would love to lose 40 pounds by then. I permanently cured myself of McDonalds when I heard about pink slime. I'm hoping to find out scandalous information about Taco Bell now. I would really love to hear how people are doing their nutrition and staying fairly un-hungry.
  • beccus
    beccus Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'd like to make my christmas target 42lb - 3 stone in my language ;)
    Lets see how I get on!

Lots of love from here in the UK x
  • DarkNebula84
    DarkNebula84 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :happy:
  • NelehY
    NelehY Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Jean - I am hoping to shed 40lbs before my sister-in-laws wedding in October.
    So I suppose that fits in??

~As for todays temptation:
    Today at work there was yet another 'cake buffet' for someones birthday.

My solution?
    Checked out my calories used and planned calorie count for the day on MFP.
    Then checked out what was on offer.
    Found some delicious brownie bites @ just 55 calories each.

Two bites and a nice hot cup of tea satisfied both temptation AND calorie count!
    Woohoo!

I'm working on the principle that no food is off limits
    - the only limits are on the quantities not the food itself!
  • TrinaHillier
    TrinaHillier Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Oh Please, Please, Please add me. I so want to have 40lbs gone by Christmas. Lets jump in with both feet people and get rid of those nasty 40lbs.

I am so in for this. Thinking about how great I will feel with that weight gone.

Happy losing everyone

Trina

:smile:
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Fits in well my my goals for this year. Can I play to? :laugh:
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I have 59 pounds to lose by 8th December- otherwise I need to find a new bridesmaids dress! Not feeling positive about it at all.
  • StartingOver4Me
    Options
    I started adding friends!--but it'll only let me do 5 requests every 10 minutes. lololol DARN
  • BecomingElle
    BecomingElle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm working on the principle that no food is off limits
    - the only limits are on the quantities not the food itself!

Same here! That's my mentality exactly :) If I want something, why not have a little bit of it? This way I'm never dieting, never missing out, just being smart about it! Hahaha McDonalds? I pick a small meal, have it with water and without the sauce, but I'm still getting what I want!

Hopefully this strategy will work and pay off by Christmas! Hahaa
  • christakersey
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose 60ish by then, so I'm in too! I've learned that I need to eat healthier foods, rather than try to fit it into my calorie count for the day. If I'm craving something sweet, then I try to grab some fresh fruit rather than cookies or something else. Whole foods keep you full longer than processed foods, and they are just better for you! Also, running burns so many calories. I have been working out every morning at 5 for 2 months, and I've just recently started running 3 days a week in the afternoon and I'm loving it. I'm back to losing weight again after a short "break" and I just love the peace and quiet that running brings to my day. Keep up the good work people, and I'm thinking that we should have a whole lot of "after pictures" the week between Christmas and New Years!
  • BecomingElle
    BecomingElle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose 60ish by then, so I'm in too! I've learned that I need to eat healthier foods, rather than try to fit it into my calorie count for the day. If I'm craving something sweet, then I try to grab some fresh fruit rather than cookies or something else. Whole foods keep you full longer than processed foods, and they are just better for you! Also, running burns so many calories. I have been working out every morning at 5 for 2 months, and I've just recently started running 3 days a week in the afternoon and I'm loving it. I'm back to losing weight again after a short "break" and I just love the peace and quiet that running brings to my day. Keep up the good work people, and I'm thinking that we should have a whole lot of "after pictures" the week between Christmas and New Years!

I love your idea for the before and after pictures!!! It's really motivating :smile:
  • misspamyla
    misspamyla Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I totally want to be in your club!! Secret handshake and all!!!
    I'm having some trouble out of the gate. It's consistency that is killing any momentum. I am good for a bit, but then fall off the wagon. Maybe having this tangible goal will help keep things in perspective. My actual desire would be to lose 50 by then, but I'd be ecstatic with 40.
    We totally GOT this!!! :angry: <---- Eye of the Tiger!!!
    :wink:
  • sumokitty3
    sumokitty3 Posts: 16
    Options
    hi all! I've been on MFP for a while now and seem to sabotage myself as soon as I make any progress. Maybe if I make some friends it will help keep me on track! Could I be part of your group? I need to lose 35 lbs to get to goal weight by Christmas. I have resigned myself to another summer squeezing my big butt into a bathing suit, but perhaps I could wear a sexy red dress for Christmas!! :) Wouldn't that by the best present we can give ourselves?
  • Victoire2012
    Victoire2012 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I needed! Add me!