50 Shades of Kinky Fackery

Options

Replies

• gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    SO! Who has read the 50 Shades trilogy?! I am almost done with the third book. I LOVED the first book. Second was good, so was the third thus far.. but I feel like in the first one, I was somewhat reminded of twilight. Anyone else feel that AT ALL?
    I didn't really feel that but I had heard it before I started reading them. When you get to the end you will really feel it cause the last of the book is from Christian's perspective like Meyer did with Edward on her web site.....I loved them both.

Have you read the Black Dagger brotherhood books by JR Ward? They are great, the first one is Dark Lover!
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    It is what it is...don't read it expecting literary genius. Almost done with the third book and was quite entertained.

same here, It kept me entertained. Not the best written book but, It kept me reading. It was fun!
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    SO! Who has read the 50 Shades trilogy?! I am almost done with the third book. I LOVED the first book. Second was good, so was the third thus far.. but I feel like in the first one, I was somewhat reminded of twilight. Anyone else feel that AT ALL?
    I didn't really feel that but I had heard it before I started reading them. When you get to the end you will really feel it cause the last of the book is from Christian's perspective like Meyer did with Edward on her web site.....I loved them both.

Have you read the Black Dagger brotherhood books by JR Ward? They are great, the first one is Dark Lover!

Never even heard of! I will look into this!
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Population experts are predicting a new baby boom 9 months from this spring. It will be named....
    The Laters Baby Boom
  • nibblypig
    nibblypig Posts: 27
    Options
    I had to read all three to see what the fuss was about, not my usual kind of book but I did enjoy them - not sure if this is the right thing to own up to but I ended up skipping the smutty pages - just got a bit bored with the rude bits, I scanned down the pages until 'she collapsed into his arms' or 'he called out her name' and then carried on reading :wink:
  • mrsmerrithew
    mrsmerrithew Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I liked the books a lot. I look forward to the movie and to what actors and actresses would play the characters.

And I liked the Twilight series too. AND the Hunger Games series!

So BAM. So what?! :o) Reading is reading. To each their own.
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Sooooo...... I read the first and the second book. I wasn't really reminded of Twilight but whatever...:noway:

Anyways, I loved the first book, the second was so so and I'm ready to start on the third. :bigsmile:
  • valeriedent2
    valeriedent2 Posts: 154
    Options
    Black Dagger Brotherhood is soooo much better than 50 Shades.

Vampire series by J.R. Ward. Check them out.
  • Fani2003
    Fani2003 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    It IS Twilight.

It is fanfiction she wrote on twilight.

Was called Master of the Universe (MOTU)

I loved the books. I am reading it all now as MOTU and IT MAKES SO MUCH MORE SENSE AS EDWARD AND BELLA!!!
  • lniber22
    lniber22 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I got sucked in and quickly realized how bad these books were. But because I'm OCD I had to finish the trilogy. The author was "inspired" by Twilight and basicly re-wrote that series with spanking. It was so badly lacking in plot, I actually eye rolled every time a sex break took place in between the 3 lines of dialogue and barebones effort of moving the plot forward. The End.

If you would like a REALLY good, hot book to read, I highly recommended Diana Gabalden's Outlander series. There is an actual, interesting plot and great characters. Plus hot Scottish men in kilts with hot scene descriptions.

If you are just looking for a kinky book, Anne Rice also has a Sleeping Beauty Series. Be warned! There is an actual plot, but the story is extrememly kinky in every way imaginable. Everyone does everyone and everything and then some.
  • lvlygrrl
    lvlygrrl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It was Twilight fan fic. You can still download PDF's that still have the names Bella & Edward in it before she changed them.

I'm going to get flamed, but they are complete crap. It makes me so angry that so many woman think this is amazing fiction.

But, I guess I should be happy because at least people are reading books?

Totally agree. I think I wrote something like this when I was 14. Lol.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    LOL. It was Twilight fanfiction before she self published. That's like one of the biggest things about it- she just changed "Bella" and "Edward" when it started to get popular: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/jacketcopy/2012/05/the-origins-of-50-shades-of-grey-go-missing.html

If you enjoy 50 shades though you should check out things like "Berkley Sensations" - it's a line of books that specializes in erotica. Or you could check out Romantic Times- it's a magazine that has TONS of romance, mystery, and erotica reviews, recommendations, and resources.
  • trcyhwlls
    trcyhwlls Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm having a hard time getting through it too... I loved Twilight but this one just isn't grabbing my attention.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Yup, loved it. :)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    oh this again
  • trcyhwlls
    trcyhwlls Posts: 2
    Options
    Love the Outlander series!!!!
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    I have to be FULLY honest. I DO like these books! BUT... I too started " rolling my eyes" when they would have sex every other page. That part DID.. get boring.. I do like plot and character development.. but I still enjoyed this easy read.
  • tj1971
    tj1971 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just finished the 3rd book a few days ago. Prior to knowing they were fanfic from the Twilight novels I felt the similarity. Scenes and verbiage can be repetitious but overall I enjoyed them.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Black Dagger Brotherhood is soooo much better than 50 Shades.

Vampire series by J.R. Ward. Check them out.

I'm going to look into this!!!!

EVERYONE should read the books by Laurell K Hamilton. Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series and the Meredith Gentry series. THAT is some good reading. She is amazing.
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    oh this again

Sorry to bore you. Sorry if there was already a post on it.. but I looked through the first 3 pages on " chitchat fun and games" and didn't see one. So, yeah.. this again. :flowerforyou:

Just was curious what others thought.